ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/XBOX360] Left 4 Dead 2

172 Cup
Demo out now for those that pre-ordered the game.

Only tried it for 15 minutes but it already seems much better than the first game with massive maps/levels.

52908395.jpg

9ca0ce37.jpg

ee9b8f5f.jpg

a8984b25.jpg

302d4512.jpg

bbff8837.jpg

5af8efec.jpg

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
Re: [PC] Left 4 Dead 2

Glad to see you're gaming away Griff :D

I too have played the demo for 25mins, deffo agree it's as good (possibly better) than the original. Wasn't sure about the feel of it at first (a little TF2 style hinted), however it plays brilliantly. Having choices of hand guns (2 diff types atleast) or melee weapons (e.g. frying pan, police night stick etc) is pretty cool.

They've kept the classic guns (i.e. shot guns) and added a few others including an AWP style sniper.

Nice game...

172 Cup

Cheers mate. I'd have invited you in but you looked like you were playing something else at the time.

F82 M4

Can someone post up the system requirements? All the pages are blocked from work.

It's the Source engine which, whilst great in its day, is now looking dated. Any half modern PC should run it fine I would have thought.

F82 M4

Surely they've added things to it? Half Life 2:Episode 2 looks much better than Half Life 2. Same engine etc.

172 Cup

Can someone post up the system requirements? All the pages are blocked from work.

System Requirements

Minimum:

Supported OS: Windows® 7 / Vista / Vista64 / XP
Processor: Pentium 4 3.0GHz
Memory: 1 GB for XP / 2GB for Vista
Graphics: DirectX 9 compatible video card with 128 MB, Shader model 2.0. ATI X800, NVidia 6600 or better
Hard Drive: At least 7.5 GB of free space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

Recommended:

Supported OS: Windows® 7 / Vista / Vista64 / XP
Processor: Intel core 2 duo 2.4GHz
Memory: 1 GB for XP / 2GB for Vista
Graphics: DirectX 9 compatible video card with Shader model 3.0. NVidia 7600, ATI X1600 or better
Hard Drive: At least 7.5 GB of free space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

F82 M4

Ahh should piss that tbh. Cheers Griff. Might purchase this then, add me on steam - wilky71157. I've got L4D one so I'm up for any gaming in the meantime.

You all using Ventrillo or Teamspeak?

Played the 360 version last night and enjoyed it, faster than the first and with some decent new weapons and plenty of new special infected.
The jockey's a weird one and a walking witch!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

I still haven't played the original. I'll get them both some time soon.

:eek:

Steam's offering a bundle where you can both games for circa £40, iirc. As you've not logged onto Steam for 160 days, I thought it best to tell you. ;)

Same price on Steam as Play so you could always cancel the order and order it on Steam.

I might hang on actually - and await the full thing. I've just got Fallout 3 reinstalled and have two DLCs to have a go at yet. I'm sure they'll keep me occupied before my need for zombie killing arises again. :)

A shame that Francis doesn't seem to be in the follow up - great character that.

D.

BMW 330ci Clubsport

I absolutely hate the HUD. Way too console like. To many crappy graphics!

A part from that it feels alot smoother than the first one. And I for one like the new music, fits the scene

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI

Cheers mate. I'd have invited you in but you looked like you were playing something else at the time.

Nope - was just having problems with steam! Will be on tonight though. Anyone else planning a sesh?

Revels Mum & Sister

Little bump as this is out soon! Looking forward to it! Xbox for me though (YES I know this is a PC thread)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

The footage and Youtube clips look great, but I downloaded the demo on XBL and didn't really like it at all.

Full game will no doubt be far better.

E87 118d M Sport

pre-ordered the game as part of the 4 for £80 pack. cant wait! the demo is great. some nice new weapons.

Clio 182
Left 4 Dead Deuce

Just on ym way to Tescos to pick it up....should be pretty sick. Gaming all nighter ftw.....

Anyone else sad/cool enough to get it tonight?

Laz

57 Clio Campus Sport
Re: Left 4 Dead Deuce

Got it a few days ago, been on AC2 all the time though and waiting for cod to arrive then I'll be stuck into that

ITB'd MK1

this should excite me, but ive bought COD MW2 and Forza 3 in the last 3 weeks, i've got enough games to keep me going AGES

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Play sent me dispatch confirmation on mine yesterday, so hopefully I'll have it tomorrow. :)

Really looking forward to it. Now that I've completed the MW2 campaign, there's only the Spec-Ops on that, that I'm really interested in. And as Borderlines is a little 'meh' imo, my FPS needs are running a little dry. :)

D.

F82 M4

Add me Darren - wilky71157

I'll be getting it sometime next week. You a Ventrillo or Teamspeak guy ?

Mondeo diesel barge

Pre-ordered this off steam, got access to it a couple of days. It is definitely an improvement on the first one, haven't had much time on it yet though, but will be playing a fair bit this weekend :)