ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/Xbox360/PS3] Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Official Thread

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
They've put that beta back to next week now, anyway.

I love how all the weapon and equipment upgrades are available as downloable content now, called a Short-cut pack. F*ck me.

S3, Polo
^ Wow. That's like having cheats. Never understood people that spend £30/40 on a game, then avoid the cool stuff?

Pay for a game > bypass the enjoyment > show the world you're 'L337' by 'pwning n00bz' with your advanced weaponry.

*sigh*

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Indeed. I mean, I'm assuming that's what the downloadable content is. It's 1600MS points for the full package, and they are available as single downloads for each class, too.

Agree with you completely, though.

172 Cup
Just had a good points scoring round!

99400374-4.jpg

1.8 Civic EX
so after finally getting pissed off with the cheating little t***s on mw2 i picked this up today.

done the first two missions in single player then went straight to multiplayer....oh my! much better than mw2, wish i never left it so long before picking this up now...sound is awesome, game play is awesome. just got up to lvl 1 and unlocked some stuff for the recon type.

it just seems more like war if that makes sense?! only done the capture flag game type so far but loving it :)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
first thing i did lol

which one is conquest? i think that's what i've been doing lol, bit like headquaters with 3 or 4 flags on the map?

Ahh yeah. That's conquest. The more flags (bases) your team own, the faster the tickets go down for the opposition. When those tickets reach zero, your team win.

When your ticket count reaches 10, you'll hear a warning horn go off. Think they've reduced how long it sounds for with the latest patch.

S3, Polo
Ahh yeah. That's conquest. The more flags (bases) your team own, the faster the tickets go down for the opposition. When those tickets reach zero, your team win.

When your ticket count reaches 10, you'll hear a warning horn go off. Think they've reduced how long it sounds for with the latest patch.

Thank f*ck!

It was like scraping fingernails down a bloody blackboard...

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Back on this tonight after my Red Dead stint.

Playing single player as I never did complete it. Then back on MP once done :)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Ahh, cool.

Still a bit pissed off that you can simply download shortcut packs which give you all the weapons and stuff. That means n00bs will have the best possible setup going.

Ridiculous, and all to make a little more money.

1.8 Civic EX
I've not bothered with those packs. I'm playing the game properly lol

Just reach rank 5 and I've still only used the Recon set up. Loving sniping on this game, soo much better than MW2 just due to the shear size of the maps. I've got some EPIC headshots from literally miles away! Trying to persuade my mate to buy it but he's a full on MW2 nut so it's proving difficult lol

One downfall though is the lack of maps and the fact that when on different maps the actual building designs/layout are exactly the same. Is it me or is there only 3 or 4 different ones?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
On Conquest, there's :

Laguna Presa
Arica Harbor
Laguna Alta
Aticama Desert
Panama Canal
White Pass

On Rush there's :

Valparaiso
Isla Inocentes
Arica Harbor
Nelson Bay
Port Valdez
Laguna Presa

Mito Sportiva 135
Does anyone know what the mandatory 500mb MP Update 2 was for??!? It took like 40 minutes to download, and can't notice anything new, although I was only playing on Rush. Must be something big for that size?!?

Also, is anyone getting the new Onslaught mode?

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
There was a s**t load of lag after the last one so they bought this new one to counter it and so far I've not had any lag.

1.8 Civic EX
Seems to have sorted the leaderboards out too. They are actually in order now.

what's the best Marksman points anyone on here has got for a sniper headshot? I just got 115! Was basically the length of the whole map lol.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Cant get my KD back over 1.40 which is really f**king me off. Stuck around 1.30...

Anyone DL the coop stuff yet.

Its cool but f**k is it worth 800MS points, apparently Dice didnt want to charge but it was down to MS.

Adds more to the game but defo not worth the coin if you ask me.

I'd rather a few more maps.

Cant wait for the Nam shiz though.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Seems to have sorted the leaderboards out too. They are actually in order now.

what's the best Marksman points anyone on here has got for a sniper headshot? I just got 115! Was basically the length of the whole map lol.

I got a 350 or there about iirc which i thought was HUGE but few lads i play with have had 500+

Mito Sportiva 135
^ 500 is the max IIRC...most I've had is 250 or something and that's a long way, 500 would have to be a bit of a fluke I reckon, or you need a magnifying glass!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Aye a big HD screen and ALOT of luck with regards to where the victim runs.

I coukd barely see the guy at 350 odd.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I think the 500 was a pure fluke. I remember one guy saying he was just jumping up and down trying to get on a crate and fired by mistake. A second or two later he got the 500+ marksman bonus and headshot. Lol

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
I think the 500 was a pure fluke. I remember one guy saying he was just jumping up and down trying to get on a crate and fired by mistake. A second or two later he got the 500+ marksman bonus and headshot. Lol

ROFL thats insane.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
First off, I switched to engineer class from recon. Been racking up 1500+ points a round. I then noticed looking at my weapons stats that my recon class Gol sniper rifle needed 3 more kills for the silver award. Why not, I thought. F*ck me! Why did I ever change to the M95?! The Gol is immense. Totted up 25 kills and 3k points - the most I've had with Recon. The Gol is so much quicker and accurate. Well pleased.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I feel I've now wasted my time with the M95 SA. Saying that, I did tack up almost 900 kills with the thing :cool:

Integra Type-R DC2
Ive switched to the GOL now aswell. Do like the power behind the M95, but the GOL is so much more accurate.

Mito Sportiva 135
I'm lal aboutthe engineer - I just love the AT mines, nothing more satisfying than laying them, forgetting about them and a few minutes later getting a double kill and destroying a tank. Mmmm....

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Aye the Gol is a must on Hardcore tbf, M95 for me on standard but its far to slow and loud on Hardcore.

Got the good old chop chop on Atacama today, nice 4k round not including pins, badges etc.

ROFL i've now called in 21,800 mortar strikes

Last edited:
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Aye the Gol is a must on Hardcore tbf, M95 for me on standard but its far to slow and loud on Hardcore.

Got the good old chop chop on Atacama today, nice 4k round not including pins, badges etc.

ROFL i've now called in 21,800 mortar strikes

It was pretty neat being in that 2 man squad the other day. We were cleaning house in the tank and then got blown up by a member of our own side. FFSnake. That's annoying on Hardcore mode.

I only choose hardcore because it's easier as a sniper.

4k without pins and badges is mental.

When I got 25 kills and 3k points as Recon last night, I had 16 badges and pins :cool:

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Yeah if your both engineers and fix up you can do some cereal damage. Until some reeeetard takes you out.

Yeah I much prefer HC now bit more skill involved too I think. Was the same with MW2 though.

AK

M240i
Yeah if your both engineers and fix up you can do some cereal damage. Until some reeeetard takes you out.

Yeah I much prefer HC now bit more skill involved too I think. Was the same with MW2 though.

Was it you and me who ruled the helicopter a while back, both as engineers?

I'm getting another Xbox lol i can't do without one...:D