ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/Xbox360/PS3] Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Official Thread

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Going to give this another bash tonight.

Any tips you can give to a newb :eek:

• Always squad up - there's an option to click while it's loading the map to put you in a squad.
  • Try to stick close to one or more green markers in the mini-map. These are your squad mates and you get more points helping those than just other players on your team.
  • Don't keep still. There are very few places within the BC2 maps where it's safe to stay put. Plus a moving target is much harder to hit.
  • Check what's on the maps. If it's infantry only, then an engineer choice isn't much cop. Where there are plenty of vehicles, it's very easy to rack up muchos points and gain you other unlocks.
  • If you're starting afresh, I would arguably say that the recon's M24 sniper rifle is perhaps the most potent of the stock kits. However, unless you're a Sniping God, it will take you longer to gain unlocks in this class than any of the other three.
  • Select Magnum ammo as a perk as soon as you unlock it. For the vast majority of guns, it's a marked improvement - especially on the spray & pray guns like the Thompson, Uzi and PP-2000(sp?) imo.
D.

Megane 225 F1
I love this game. Played around 10 team death matches. Getting around 10-20 kills per game, if not more.

I have noticed that some of the levels have very similar layouts though.

Mito Sportiva 135
Biggest tip for a noob would be play hardcore!

Best thing I did tbh.

I don't like HC on this...the maps are so big I like to know where the MCOMS are and where I am relative to everyone/everything else....plus I like spotting too!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I like my current K/D ratio figure.... ;)

IMG_0443.jpg

;)

D.

Megane 225 F1
I only just learnt how to do that. I have just realised that I have a grenade launcher attachment as well. I love this game!

182 Turbo Project
I havent played this since the release of the 'nam pack. Been playing COD ever since. I should get back into this! Forgot how good it was!

Megane 225 F1
I'm using the xm8 (I think that's what it's called) and now have the red dot sight after some work tonight. This game is very addictive. Only been playing death match. Will attempt some other game types tomorrow.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'm using the xm8 (I think that's what it's called) and now have the red dot sight after some work tonight. This game is very addictive. Only been playing death match. Will attempt some other game types tomorrow.

The XM8 is a good all-rounder. If you pick the medic class, there's a variant of that to unlock called the XM8 LMG - which is essentially it's bigger brother. Has more ammo in a single reload and is much better at the mid-long range whereas the standard XM8 is better suited to short-to-mid distances.

D.

Megane 225 F1
Really? I find I can kill people from quite some distance. Il give it a go later though.

I've found there's nothing more satisfying than coming up behind two snipers and shooting them in the head :D

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
You know, I've played this since it came out, and I actually don't know how to fire secondary weapons from the vehicles. I always choose tougher armour plating as an option, but should I choose smoke or missiles, how would I fire them, if I was the driver?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
You know, I've played this since it came out, and I actually don't know how to fire secondary weapons from the vehicles. I always choose tougher armour plating as an option, but should I choose smoke or missiles, how would I fire them, if I was the driver?

It's your secondary fire key, m8. I'm similar - 90%+ of the time, I use V-Hard with the extra 'ardness of the rounds fired. I've started to use the V-Alt option recently though as the amount of engineers going up against any tank I'm in, has increased imo. Not used the smoke option, but the V-Optics one seem popular - especially on the UAV. Speaking of which, I got my Platinum Star for the UAV last night. :)

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I am utterly useless with the UAV and the helicopters, in general. The UAV is the remote chopper, right?

Megane 225 F1
WTF!

So I come on, play a match and then go into another match to find I am still level 4,although my next rank is level 1 and all my guns and things that I unlocked have gone. Got all of my tags but none of my pins.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I am utterly useless with the UAV and the helicopters, in general. The UAV is the remote chopper, right?

Sure is m8. To be fair, it's massively more responsive and controllable (imo) with keyboard and mouse - especially guiding that missile in on the last few feet to a moving target. That said, I do find it easier to fly the helos with the 360 pad. But I do that very rarely....

WTF!

So I come on, play a match and then go into another match to find I am still level 4,although my next rank is level 1 and all my guns and things that I unlocked have gone. Got all of my tags but none of my pins.

Seems a common issue m8. I don't know about the 360 users, but certainly the PC and PS3 players have come across similar things. It happened to me the other day too - and I'm on rank 34! Jumped in and the weapons choices were those of Rank 1. It usually sorts itself out after 10-15mins or so - or failing that, simply quit and join another server. Be careful though, there are some servers out there that run purely Rank 1 weapons choices. It does make for a refreshing change at times. :)

D.

AK

M240i

Rb or lb mate, lol!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Haha oh scutch!

I normally have secondary on if I'm on my own but if AK's gunning I'll take extra explosives and armour.

Generally have it in the chopper though, takes out tanks double quick.

Megane 225 F1
LOL I turned mine on to download, went to get my car MOT'd, came back around 2 hours later and it still wasn't finished.

AK

M240i
It's a big one. It's the Vietnam pack.. When you buy the pack all it does is unlock what you've downloaded lol.

AK

M240i
As I said.. It downloads the vietnam pack whether you buy it or not.. Then when you buy it it unlocks and that's it.