ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/Xbox360/PS3] Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Official Thread

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Haha you f*cker. Still, I was dropping you ammo boxes too. LOL.

Felt really sorry for those guys on Nelson Bay dropping in on parachutes and getting the sh*t shot out of them in the air. Still, rather give than receive in that situation. There were only 3 guys left on their team.

Same on Port Valdez with the Russians. Bugs me (when playing either side) when players nail them in the air. Especially on Port Valdez when the Yanks rush that hill/mountain right in front of the Russians and simply spray the air with lead. The best death for me on that was spawning in as a Russian and not two seconds into the descent did I get 'Killed by ***** - 870 MCS'. Naturally I thought he was base-raping right underneath me and when it changed to the deatch-cam, I saw that he wasn't much forward from Point A on the right-hand side. WTF? Rofl'd at that one.

D.

Evo 6, E92 320d
Anyone getting server issues on ps3? 8 out of 10 times I play atm it doesn't show my true rank so I have no unlocks.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I was on skill level 200 for ages, then up and down between 192 and 198. I've no idea how the thing works. I can be awesome one game, killing folk and coming top of the leaderboards, and it'll inform me that my skill level has gone down. Crazy.

It's on 170 or something at the moment. Think it was to do with the Vietnam add on. As soon as I installed it I went down to 130 and hadn't even played it, so I've had to work my way back up again.

Just don't get it.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Just had a good 48/12 game on attacking Port Valdez. The opposition were totally weird though. Far more inclined to base rape you than to actually defend their MCOMs. It did help that their Apache pilot was a complete novice too. Didn't last long anyway above our tanks. :)

Anyone had trouble updating their stats on BFBCS.com? I had no trouble during the 500 queue limit in getting in and having my stats updated. Then they've increased it to 1,000 queue and now 5,000 queue slots and I still can't get on. It's still got me as Rank 31 when I'm now Rank 33. At this stage, I've got little idea which medals and pins to go for....

D.

Mito Sportiva 135
I was on skill level 200 for ages, then up and down between 192 and 198. I've no idea how the thing works. I can be awesome one game, killing folk and coming top of the leaderboards, and it'll inform me that my skill level has gone down. Crazy.

It's on 170 or something at the moment. Think it was to do with the Vietnam add on. As soon as I installed it I went down to 130 and hadn't even played it, so I've had to work my way back up again.

Just don't get it.
Me either! Plus now when I switch between BC2 regular and Nam my skill level resets to 0 and then comes back up again. Seen some other graphical glitches in the Nam expansion now too...people flying 50ft TOWARDS the boat gun that has just killed them, an invisible boat (person riding along in one in midair!) and a boat which from it's spawn is stuck in it's mooring so you can't drive it anywhere!!!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Had a good few games tonight with randoms in my squad.

However, A couple of things annoyed me :

1. Entering a game only to find my team lost before even getting into the round. That is frustrating.

2. When supposed members of your squad shoot you and then bring you back to life using the defibs purely for points and continue to do so. Can be very annoying indeed, especially if you can't get away from them or shoot the f*ckers in the face.

Megane 225 F1
This came through in the post earlier. Shall be sticking it on later tonight. What's this game good for, single player or online?

Evo 5 RS
f**k me,

I do love this game to bits, BUT..IF FOR EXAMPLE Bruce Banner was to play it, he would have no f**king pants left. I've lost count of the rage quits

AK

M240i
Had a good few games tonight with randoms in my squad.

However, A couple of things annoyed me :

1. Entering a game only to find my team lost before even getting into the round. That is frustrating.

2. When supposed members of your squad shoot you and then bring you back to life using the defibs purely for points and continue to do so. Can be very annoying indeed, especially if you can't get away from them or shoot the f*ckers in the face.

Number 2 is funny, lol! You lose 25 per team hit and then 100 per team death, so minimum you could lose is 100 and for reviving you only get 80 points, lol... What a bunch of idiots!!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Number 2 is funny, lol! You lose 25 per team hit and then 100 per team death, so minimum you could lose is 100 and for reviving you only get 80 points, lol... What a bunch of idiots!!

Indeed, he was an utter idiot.

Quite a few months ago, I actually sat and watched 2 guys on Arica Harbor near the construction site. One a medic and the other recon. The medic was shooting the recon, then reviving him again, and again and again. Every time the recon was revived, he was firing like crazy trying to kill the medic. He eventually did get him. Instead of just running and quitting his team, he then took the medic's class and revived him, then got shot in the face. Utter f*cktard.

Nippy white cup
Yeah there are some dicks about. Are you going on tonight Scutchie? Might get on and see what the new map is like. Still shocking at this at the mo as I hate going back to the normal weapons while I rank them up lol

Just thought about the reviving thing....they are probably doing it to get the medals for x number of revives...still c***s tho lol

Chris

Megane 225 F1
I didn't even get to play this last night. Turned it on around 1am to be greeted with a massive update download. 183 minutes!!! f**k me, why so big? i'm going to turn it on as soon as I get home from work tonight and then I'l crack on when it's finished. Just wanna play the damn game.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah there are some dicks about. Are you going on tonight Scutchie? Might get on and see what the new map is like. Still shocking at this at the mo as I hate going back to the normal weapons while I rank them up lol

Just thought about the reviving thing....they are probably doing it to get the medals for x number of revives...still c***s tho lol

Chris

Doubt I'll be on later, mate, as Spurs are playing. Could be though. I'll lookout for you. As for the game itself, stick with it. It can be frustrating at times, definitely, but it's so rewarding and fun when it all clicks again. I love it. Best MP game I've ever played. Proper addicted to it.

1.8 Civic EX
Doubt I'll be on later, mate, as Spurs are playing. Could be though. I'll lookout for you. As for the game itself, stick with it. It can be frustrating at times, definitely, but it's so rewarding and fun when it all clicks again. I love it. Best MP game I've ever played. Proper addicted to it.

This tbh

However now I have finally moved I now have no internet which is an arse, could be another month yet before I get my next BFBC2 online fix :(

Megane 225 F1
Just played this for the first time. First thoughts, I love it. Makes COD like an arcade game. Obviously I'm still getting used to moving around and shiz which seemed a bit werid but managed to get some decent kill death ratios. 13/23 and then 12/17 :D

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Just played this for the first time. First thoughts, I love it. Makes COD like an arcade game. Obviously I'm still getting used to moving around and shiz which seemed a bit werid but managed to get some decent kill death ratios. 13/23 and then 12/17 :D

And it gets better with time, m8. Like I said in a previous post, I'm still learning new things about maps that I have played again and again. I guess that's a plus point to the scale of most of BC2's maps - you're not playing in a back garden like you feel you are with COD.

One tip I'd recommend is always click 'Yes, add me to a squad' button when the map is loading, but then click on one of the green ticks and see what kits your squad mates are using. Having the same kits as the other squad members is rarely much use - pick something that complements them. Recon guys love ammo as they commonly engage from range. They are also quite vulnerable close up, so an assault guy squad mate in proximity is a massive help. Likewise if you're a co-pilot/gunner on a tank or helo, pick the engineer class as you can hop out and repair on the fly.

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Christ - just been doing some rough arithmetic in order to progress in Rank. Currently sat on 33 with about 70k to go before Rank 34. There's 180,000 points between starting 33 and reaching 34, so even a decent score of circa 5k-6k per game - it would still take you 30 games to progress up a rank - ignoring silver and gold awards for the minute.

If each game is typically 20-30mins in length, I dread to think of the commitment needed to crack Rank 50. That said, if I ever make Rank 40, I'm sure I'll feel compelled to get there - lol.

D.

182 Turbo Project
Christ - just been doing some rough arithmetic in order to progress in Rank. Currently sat on 33 with about 70k to go before Rank 34. There's 180,000 points between starting 33 and reaching 34, so even a decent score of circa 5k-6k per game - it would still take you 30 games to progress up a rank - ignoring silver and gold awards for the minute.

If each game is typically 20-30mins in length, I dread to think of the commitment needed to crack Rank 50. That said, if I ever make Rank 40, I'm sure I'll feel compelled to get there - lol.

D.

I always think about this when I'm in a game against a load of rank 50's. They must play it all the fcuking time!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Tuesday, March 1, 2011. Put it in your diary. EA will finally unveil much-antcipated DICE shooter sequel Battlefield 3 on that date.

The game will form part of an EA Partners press event at GDC which will include other new game announcements as well as show off a raft of other titles. They include:

* Shadows of the Damned (Grasshopper Manufacture)
* Alice: Madness Returns (Spicy Horse)
* Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning (38 Studios)
* Crysis 2 (Crytek)
* Battlefield Play4Free (Easy Studios)

Talk on BF3 has ramped up as of late, with GDC dev sessions confirmed for the Moscone Center in San Francisco come March.

EA CEO John Riccitiello confirmed before Christmas that the game, which had invites to its multiplayer beta included with copies of Medal of Honor, will release within the final six months of 2011.

Other then all that, not much else has spilt since last July’s beta announcement. That all changes come March 1.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Servers were down for a while last night, before I managed to get a game... White Pass, me against 4 opposition guys. Needless to say, I didn't win the round, but I stayed until the end, kill/death ratio 15/4, too :cool:

To be fair to the oppo's, they didn't camp in my base, just around Base A opposite the construction site. Quite enjoyed taking them out and sneaking around watching what they were doing - mainly patrolling the roof of A, really, trying to work out where I was. I'd occasionally venture up to B and C and see how long it would take for their guys to be on the case. Haha. Was good.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Managed to get my longest confirmed sniper shot just now. It won't be the best (by quite some margin!) but I'm pretty impressed as I suck at sniping!

From the top floor of the first concrete structure on Port Valdez - taking a shot against another sniper on the far end American concrete structure. 476m according to the stats at the end - headshot too. :)

BFBC2Game2011-01-1220-39-19-40.jpg

BFBC2Game2011-01-1220-41-26-86.jpg

D.

AK

M240i
Bloody hell, nice one Darren!

I suck at sniping, every time I've lined a shot up some fucker shoots me from elsewhere, lol!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

I suck at sniping, every time I've lined a shot up some fucker shoots me from elsewhere, lol!

I was awesome at it. You have to be quick, mind, and then duck or move out of view. Hardcore mode is much better for snipers as there's no kill cam.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

I suck at sniping, every time I've lined a shot up some f**ker shoots me from elsewhere, lol!

Cheers m8! It did take 4 shots to do it mind. The first one fell way short and the second went way over his head. The third hit the structure right in front of him and by this stage he was weaving back and forth as he knew someone had him scoped up. The fourth got him headshot stylee. Pretty much a fluke really as he wouldn't bloody keep still. ;)

I was awesome at it. You have to be quick, mind, and then duck or move out of view. Hardcore mode is much better for snipers as there's no kill cam.

In my limited sniping experience, I've found keeping the target lined up for a second or two seems to help considerably. I've nabbed a few reflex kills though, in just hitting the fire button. Funnily enough I got two Americans kills last night through quite a few trees on Port Valdez. Tracked the little red marker and simply fired - two kills in the row. :)

D.