ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/Xbox360/PS3] Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Official Thread

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
FFS!!!!!

I have just had my game of a life-time. One that I'll never repeat in a bloody million years and fecking FRAPS didn't preload!!! I've been tapping the screenshot key all the way through the round and not a fecking thing saved. I even hit Prt Scr and attempted to paste it into Paint - but that only shows a white bloody screen?!?!! :mad:

Managed a 33/0 playing as recon with the M95 SPECTACT - made even more special as I can't hit for s**t playing as recon. WTF was going on, I've no idea - but it was borderline aimbot territory. Enemies lit up through loads of leaves and cover - feck it - fire anyway and BOOM! Headshot. Long range Rex shots were killing enemies and just as I call arty in - there appears at least two enemies in the landing zone.

Hanging well back and trying to make my shots count, I get down to my last clip when Mr. Assault appears at the side and drops me some ammo. Perfect timing. And on the few occassions that I am spotted and draw fire - the enemies quickly lost interest as the Blackhawk came in, along with the UAV.

Never, ever will that happen to me again. I didn't; but if I got accused of cheating in that round - I would have believed them myself! :cool:

D.

I think if you go on the Activision website you can pay a small fee for the code, you don't need to rebuy the game mate.

Gah! ordered a new copy this morning. I figured I could sell my old copy on and only lose out of a few quid difference.

The games last sooooo long. Occasionally I have had to leave a game part way through to go and do something else, Do you lose the points you've earnt so far if you quit before the end?

Mito Sportiva 135
I don't think so - you can't quit in between games so would be a flaw!

Do you play Rush? That's the best mode in my opinion.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
You do lose the points, IIRC, as they are added to your class score at the end of the round only.

However, exiting will keep your stats like K/D during a round.

Fiesta ST-3
I've not touched the XBox since before Christmas.

But today I woke up and thought lets go out an buy BC2 and so here I am awaiting my Xbox to update :)

Mito Sportiva 135
The update contains the Vietnam pack, so if you go to buy it, it's already installed. Get it though, feels like a new game!

Fiesta ST-3
Yea that's what I'm downloading this minute the Vietnam update. Not played BC2 in a loooong while so I'm really looking forward to it.

Yea that's what I'm downloading this minute the Vietnam update. Not played BC2 in a loooong while so I'm really looking forward to it.

The download contains the content, but you need to buy the 'rights' to play it.

I've only ever played the rush games. Will try the other mode at some point. After probably 10 hours playing it, I am only rank 8! I thought reaching level 22 wouldn't be tooo much hassle. COD ranking ftw.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

I've only ever played the rush games. Will try the other mode at some point. After probably 10 hours playing it, I am only rank 8! I thought reaching level 22 wouldn't be tooo much hassle. COD ranking ftw.

Haha, nope. The ranking takes longer with every up rank :cool:

As for the modes, I much prefer Conquest. Rush is too frantic, IMO - hence the mode name!

Mito Sportiva 135
I find Rush can be quite chilled t hough, if you're attacking and a sniper you can get a good position and chill the hell out. Conquest is good too but I prefer Rush personally.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Yep, as Scutch says - the gaps between ranks get bigger and bigger. I'm on Rank 36 at the minute and that's after nearly 220hours.

I personally prefer Rush mode (even if there are quite a few map imbalances) - in particular on Port Valdez. I think I pretty much know every goddamn tree, rock and boulder on that map - lol.

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I go through phases of which map I like best. I think Arica Harbour on Conquest is superb (no vehicles as opposed to Rush mode having them).

Also like Laguna Presa, Harvest Day and Nelson Bay. Panama Canal is also decent as Engineer or vehicle destruction class.

Impreza RB5 #054
Panama, attack with G3 and c4, just chuck a load of c4 on a quad, drive towards a tank, jump off and blow the tank to bits! Done it maybe 30-40 time and had a few triple kills and multiple kills from it.

Arica harbour, Medic, MG3 or M60, easy pick up 4000-5000 points a round before getting your pins and stuff! One of my faves of the game.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Panama, attack with G3 and c4, just chuck a load of c4 on a quad, drive towards a tank, jump off and blow the tank to bits! Done it maybe 30-40 time and had a few triple kills and multiple kills from it.

Arica harbour, Medic, MG3 or M60, easy pick up 4000-5000 points a round before getting your pins and stuff! One of my faves of the game.

I would actively hunt you down if you played this on the PC using jihad-jeep tactics.... ;)

EA/DICE should incorporate a fix for anyone bailing from a vehicle laden with explosive - should die in the explosion within 30ft. Idiots used to ruin BF2 by C4'ing the Humvees and pile-driving them into targets. Takes 1% skill to get multiple kills....

D.

Mito Sportiva 135
Well I don't know Darren, me and my mate had loads of fun C4ing the UAV and blowing up MCOM station with it! Often got 400+ a time, and with assault you could just fly the UAV back and reload it. If the person flying it has armour upgrade then it's wicked, often kill someone inside the defence too.

I get the impression you would frown on this method Darren?? :)

Impreza RB5 #054
I would actively hunt you down if you played this on the PC using jihad-jeep tactics.... ;)

EA/DICE should incorporate a fix for anyone bailing from a vehicle laden with explosive - should die in the explosion within 30ft. Idiots used to ruin BF2 by C4'ing the Humvees and pile-driving them into targets. Takes 1% skill to get multiple kills....

D.

Sometimes darren, war isn't fair
I think they have sorted it out now anyhow, a lot of the time you c4 will just not explode.

Anybody got a decent squad together?
If you want some decent games, squad vs squad add me up :)

Impreza RB5 #054
Well I don't know Darren, me and my mate had loads of fun C4ing the UAV and blowing up MCOM station with it! Often got 400+ a time, and with assault you could just fly the UAV back and reload it. If the person flying it has armour upgrade then it's wicked, often kill someone inside the defence too.

That was the first time i saw thismethod used, someone had laden the UAV up with C4 and was landing on mcom's and destroying them

Mk2 ph1 clio
F*ck that.

We park a Quad bike ontop of loads of anti tank mines, then blow them up... catapult the person (me) into the air, above the Mcom and I parachute down and blow it up? ... Sound extreme? Gedde recorded it!

If you dont wanna watch it all skip to 4:30 and turn the volume up to hear us talking, i get blown across the map twice, once i plant it but they disarm... next time i drop C4 mid air and blow it up!

Last edited by a moderator:
  Fiesta ST-3
Heres a question. I have downloaded the vietnam add on pack but I don't see any maps that are based in Vietnam? Is there a way I need to activate it? For XBOX btw.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Too goddamn right. It's a bloody UAV - not a guided cruise missile. :rasp:

Sometimes darren, war isn't fair
I think they have sorted it out now anyhow, a lot of the time you c4 will just not explode.

Anybody got a decent squad together?
If you want some decent games, squad vs squad add me up :)

It sure isn't. But when it ruins the fun in a game, then I have to question using the glitch in the first. And it is a glitch, because if it wasn't, they wouldn't have addressed it in a future patch - making C4 nigh-on useless against MCOMs.

I'm actually amazed that it took EA/DICE so long to address that issue. Even more amazed that a lot of the mechanics of BC2's gameplay were much better handled in the older BF2142 game. At times it really does feel like they've taken a step backwards.

D.

Mk2 ph1 clio
I need 3 trophies to finish this 100% ....

Win a round of everygame type (Never play squad games) et Tu Brute... and demo man..

Et tu brute and Game type one will be easiest to finish but f*ck me Demo man... impossible!

Anyone on PS3 done either Et Tu Brute or demo man that could help?

Mk2 ph1 clio
Okay! One more trophy left! Just need demolition man!

I got et tu brute last night and also "won them all" so now I need 13 more demolition kills for the bfbc2 platinum trophy! Anyone.. Anyone! Got any ideas?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah, Vietnam is an add on pack and costs coins. I haven't really played it that much. Prefer the original game.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Just been playing and had awful lag. Was firing rounds into enemies and they were popping a cap in my ass every time. My K/D ratio went to the dogs. Was killed by two grenades before they'd even exploded... :dapprove:

Ended up switching it off.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yeaaaahhhh! Just got a triple with destruction! Only need 2 more for Demolition man trophy!

Such a shame you don't get a quadruple award. I've managed that a few times where is scrolls through 4 enemies you've killed, but only gives you a Triple Kill award. :(

FINALLY managed to get my Distinguished Reliation Combat award just now. I've been on 5 Nemesis Pins and 4 Payback Pins for bloody months. Managed to nail the guy towards the end of the round and got my fifth and final payback pin. :)

D.

Mk2 ph1 clio
Got Demolition man trophy! Got the platinum trophy with it :)

Just going for the spectact ones now, Recon done.. Assault and engineer now i reckon! leave medic til last!