ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/Xbox360/PS3] Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Official Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ah friend?

I feel I was a little hasty, you can take single player and get tae f**k!

Bumder With A Buffer
really?? Its not this sound, sometimes afterwards theres a loader beeping? :S

[youtube]vzVz-Op72Yc[/youtube]

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Don't have that map on Conquest. :(

You mean the little beeps directly after it's been targetted?

Bumder With A Buffer
Don't have that map on Conquest. :(

You mean the little beeps directly after it's been targetted?

Nope..well actually im not sure..you target it and then you get a confirmation beep..then sometimes there is some more beeps. Almost sounds like it could be to warn you that you have called it in close to yourself?? :S

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I blew myself up with a launcher last night.

Epic fail indeed.

Bumder With A Buffer
Ahhh haaa I found a video with it on...skip to about 2.40ish when he spawns behind his team-mate and calls the mortar strike in..

[YOUTUBE]3n170MS4Afg[/YOUTUBE]

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yup. Definitely Rush, and Spiezels knows this. He made a common error in his trigger happy ways.

EDIT : See?

Clio 1.2 16v
The beeping is merely just a warning that the planes are on the way.

You get airstrikes in 360 version? WHUT!?

The extra bleeping is SUPPOSED to let you know you've called mortars in on a decent target (tank, gun emplacement) but it seems to get confused as it does with the range you want to drop the shells at.

Anyone into sniping, try the SV98 out. For some reason, technically, it's the worst bolt-action in the game (despite being one of the best in the real world). Great amount of bullet drop to drop shots over cover.

People seem to be getting confused. Vehicle enhancements ONLY work on vehicles (quick reload, enhanced warheads). If using mortars, you have to sacrifice the spotting scope or magnum ammo for enhanced explosives for better strikepower.

Also, for those who haven't unlocked it yet, the spotting scope IS NOT automatic or infallible. You have to press the spotting button in order to spot bad guys, the only advantage being the increased spot rate. On this subject, anyone else get annoyed that even though you've chosen the spotting scope as a 'perk' it still complies to the spots-per-team limit (if a member of your team is spot spamming, it won't work AT ALL!).

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
You get airstrikes in 360 version? WHUT!?

The extra bleeping is SUPPOSED to let you know you've called mortars in on a decent target (tank, gun emplacement) but it seems to get confused as it does with the range you want to drop the shells at.

Anyone into sniping, try the SV98 out. For some reason, technically, it's the worst bolt-action in the game (despite being one of the best in the real world). Great amount of bullet drop to drop shots over cover.

People seem to be getting confused. Vehicle enhancements ONLY work on vehicles (quick reload, enhanced warheads). If using mortars, you have to sacrifice the spotting scope or magnum ammo for enhanced explosives for better strikepower.

Also, for those who haven't unlocked it yet, the spotting scope IS NOT automatic or infallible. You have to press the spotting button in order to spot bad guys, the only advantage being the increased spot rate. On this subject, anyone else get annoyed that even though you've chosen the spotting scope as a 'perk' it still complies to the spots-per-team limit (if a member of your team is spot spamming, it won't work AT ALL!).

Regarding your last point. I have used the spotting scope on the sniper rifle and as soon as I see an enemy it will spot him. I do not have to press the spotting button at all. Ok, it would only take a thumb movement to do so, but with the scope I don't need to.

JB

RB 182 Cup
LOL i waited near one of my team mates untill he died to just have a go with the M95.
Like the Ruskies in WW2 :cool:

The mounted machine guns are so underrated no one seems to mount them when I'm playing except to have a pop at circling helicopters. Massive firepower, massive range, massive accuracy and some have a f**k off shield bolted on the front so you're pretty safe.

I'll get behind one and as long as people spot enemies for you it doesn't matter if they're running through a forest half a mile away you can usually reach them. Excellent against pesky snipers on hill tops as well!

Octy VRS
Arica Harbour will be good for conquest as it fooking massive with an awesome hill halfway through. Was awesome in the demo on rush.

Bumder With A Buffer
Regarding your last point. I have used the spotting scope on the sniper rifle and as soon as I see an enemy it will spot him. I do not have to press the spotting button at all. Ok, it would only take a thumb movement to do so, but with the scope I don't need to.

+1 It automatically "spots" the enemy for you..Thats the scope I use and I love it.

Clio 1.2 16v

Why do I have to on PS3 then! RAGEEEE!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
It was actually working on and off for me last night. I'm not sure if it works on where you target the enemy with the scope. Either way, it's supposed to spot them without you having to press anything, which it does. Usually.

Spiezels, I used to get lag (which I complained about earlier in the thread - people jumping about and when running the screen skips back every so often), but haven't suffered it for a week or so now (ever since they upped the servers).

Completed the Recon last night, so that's both that and the Vehicles upgrades completely unlocked. M95 rifle is sweet, but sometimes that 12x scope can be a bit too close up. Might switch to 4x.

Was funny yesterday when you were crouched right behind me with a sniper rifle down my neck. Me knifing you several times was merely an emotional welcome :cool:

Bumder With A Buffer
  • Sniper Spotting Scope

17000 Kit Points Required

__spec_recon_sniperspotter_png_270x270_q85.png

A pivotal advancement in enemy tracking devices, this computer assisted Spotting Scope can pin-point and communicate enemy positions in real-time to the rest of the Combat Team.

thats what I use along with the 12x scope. I dont have to press anything it automatically spots. Although if the rest of your team is spam spotting it does seem to struggle.

Bumder With A Buffer
F
U
C
K

Why? Just why?

My ps3, broken again.

73051483_6efcccf16d.jpg

:(

they didn't fix it well then??!!

I noticed we played a game last night together Gal, jump it the tank and kill those f*****s!! Although u did keep running away from me whilst I was trying to repair u!!!!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
:( I knew this would come!

Richy you disappeared out my game. :(

Oh and I have 180 day warranty for my repair but what's the chances of them saying it was the same fault? :(