ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/Xbox360/PS3] Modern Medal of Honor - Official Thread

172 Cup
Spotted this last night -

Medal_of_Honor_2010_cover.jpg

The often rumored "modern combat" reboot of the Medal of Honor series has just been confirmed as being in the works.

Operating directly under the National Command Authority, a relatively unknown entity of handpicked warriors are called on when the mission must not fail. They are the Tier 1 Operators.

Over 2 million Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines wear the uniform. Of those, approximately 50 thousand fall under the direct control of the Special Operations Command. The Tier 1 Operator functions on a plane of existence above and beyond even the most highly trained Special Operations Forces. Their exact numbers, while classified, hover in the low hundreds. They are living, breathing, precision instruments of war. They are experts in the application of violence. The new Medal of Honor is inspired by and has been developed with Tier 1 Operators from this elite community. Players will step into the boots of these warriors and apply their unique skill sets to a new enemy in the most unforgiving and hostile battlefield conditions of present day Afghanistan.

There is a new enemy. There is a new war. There is a new warrior. He is Tier 1.

I was never a real fan of the multi-player aspect of the previous MOHAA games but this sounds quite interesting -

To compliment the single-player experience, EALA has enlisted the multiplayer expertise at EA DICE. This team will develop the multiplayer experience of Medal of Honor. These two studios are coming together to deliver a world-class Medal of Honor that is poised to re-set and re-boot the franchise for a new generation.

Official site - http://www.medalofhonor.com/

Re: [PC/Xbox/PS3] Modern Medal of Honor Officially Announced - Official Thread

I funking love MOH!

Known platforms yet? MOH site wont load for me, or I'd look ;)

AK

M240i

Oh FFS!!

Just pre ordered Bad Company 2...

Sounds good tho if they've enlisted the help of the creators of Bad Company?!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

vids?

Fabia VRS
Re: [PC/Xbox360/PS3] Modern Medal of Honor Officially Announced - Official Thread

hmm .. pottentionally better than mw2

Never above 25mpg
Re: [PC/Xbox360/PS3] Modern Medal of Honor Officially Announced - Official Thread

I loved Rising Sun on PS2

172 Cup

[YOUTUBE]UYFhkM550Ws[/YOUTUBE]

Mk1 MX-5 next summer

Schweet, looks very similar too COD, which may not be a bad thing as i want more single player stuff...

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
nice trailer... but is it real gameplay or renders? most likely renders i suggest.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Superb! I've played all the MoH games previously on the PC - Airbourne being a favourite of mine. I've played that through several times and enjoyed it each time.

Definitely going to keep an eye out for this one. :)

D.

Fabia VRS
hmm .. graphics dont look as sharp as mw2 but could be on to a winner, will have to play it to beleve it

My mistake. I interpreted your post to mean that you thought those shadows were too good to rendered in real time. Thus I presumed you were saying they were pre rendered video (using the game engine). I then implied that a PC could easily render those shadows in real time.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I think I'll put up with a few jaggies, if it means I can still play games and be semi-social. On a 42" HD screen, with 5.1, without the "rig" taking up a whole room and needing me to switch to a commercial power supply at home.

My 26" monitor delivers significantly more impact than my 42" telly when playing on the consoles. Plus, PCs have been doing surround sound for donkeys years. Granted, the full AV experience is preferential. As always, I'll be buying this one on PC because that's the home of the shooter, and it means I won't have to play with two butt plugs glued to a joypad.

</broken_record>

Not a 320d
My 26" monitor delivers significantly more impact than my 42" telly when playing on the consoles. Plus, PCs have been doing surround sound for donkeys years. Granted, the full AV experience is preferential. As always, I'll be buying this one on PC because that's the home of the shooter, and it means I won't have to play with two butt plugs glued to a joypad.

</broken_record>

HAHA

Cant play shooters on the 360 for s**t, my mate used a keyboard and mouse on his though.

S3, Polo
Looks superb!

Good to see DICE at the helm of the MP.

Wonder if the whole game will be using the Frostbite engine? I've been nothing but impressed with it in BC2!

EDIT: It appears MoH will use 2 game engines (one for MP/ one for SP) - > source <

:S

Last edited:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Looks superb!

Good to see DICE at the helm of the MP.

Wonder if the whole game will be using the Frostbite engine? I've been nothing but impressed with it in BC2!

EDIT: It appears MoH will use 2 game engines (one for MP/ one for SP) - > source <

:S

?? Hmmmm. The last one I saw that did was SoF2 - the SP version having much more graphical options.

Personally, I don't really see the point?

D.

^Pisses me off that. You have to mess about with different settings just to play multiplayer. Not a different engine, but MW2 is the same. Why not just have them as one?

On a side note, SOF and 2 were epic!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
^Pisses me off that. You have to mess about with different settings just to play multiplayer. Not a different engine, but MW2 is the same. Why not just have them as one?

On a side note, SOF and 2 were epic!

Definitely. SOF2 was my first real excursion into online gaming.

D.