ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph-lower power - the new Ph1 shed

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Hi CS.

Long time lurker - first post. Here goes.

Can anyone tell me when the cambelt is due or what tyres to buy ? Also how many MPGs should I get ?

I've wanted a track car for a while - I've bought a yellow Clio.

It's a Clio and it's yellow in various shades. Here it is:

12271666226_0df7613ae4_c.jpg

12271104535_9922bcaca3_c.jpg

12271096065_c8607f5a76_c.jpg

12271240863_1d5063d365_c.jpg

It's a bit of a shed but it goes around corners OK. Apart from very slow ones thanks to the cup wishbones.

Err.. ok ..

Things I've done in the 24 hours I've owned it:

• Got more MPGs than Harpham ever managed in a 150mile journey home.
  • Fitted new Bluetooth Alpine HU - [the standard ones are just beyond sh*te].
  • Fitted Ph2 rear lights.
  • Removed the silly earring [tow eye].
  • Fixed [hopefully] the rusty puddle of water that was an inch deep in the spare wheel well. Grim.
  • Removed the spare/toolkit/carpet until all dried entirely and I'm happy the issue is resolved.
  • Cleaned it - PROPERLY. Good lord. Tar-tastic. Also don't think the boot / door shuts have ever seen any suds. :dead:
  • Found out that wheel wobble is horrifying between 85-95, er, leptons but goes away above 3 figures.
  • Put the sidelight bulbs in their rightful place. Yes, that's right. The glovebox.
  • Used it as a van to move Goodj into his new abode.

Things I need to do ASAP:

• Raise the rear end about 15-20mm.
  • Get the geo checked out properly.
  • Get some matched inlets on there [fcuk it's dreadful under 5k!!].
  • Sort the wheel wobble.
  • Take the drivers seat out and find out why it doesn't go back fully.
  • Fit standard plates.
  • Buy tyre gel.

Things that might get done later:

• Repaint back end - Cup spoiler was painted by Stevie Wonder with a roller and the bumper is a different shade of yellow all together.
  • Proper coilovers.
  • Decent rubber on the spare set of F1's.
  • Full correction / seal up.
  • Remap of some sorts - if nothing else to raise the idle as the solid mounts make it sound like a washing machine on its final spin !
  • Buckets & steering wheel.

That'll do.

:evil:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Flol.

Some good plan's mate.

Im looking forward to the summer time now. :)

Edit :- What does Mrs TEG think of the POS?

Yellow suit's you. :D

Nice thread. Nice car. Looks pretty clean.

I have matched inlets i need rid of, probably best you PM me if you want them. Though im unsure if your serious lol

Listerine & Poledo
Lemonfresh shed.
Are you, like, running 95 Rons?

Cat looks silly in a rear-view. Get that splitter shined up as black as you can

Edit: actually, get a bigger splitter.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Matched inlets is deadly serious. It's dire below 5k. Same as X459 was until I got them done ! 1-3k - nothing happens. 3-5k .. something's happening .. 5k HELLO .. redline .. repeat. Urgh.

Scrooge has some apparently - so I'll see what's what - if not, I'll be in touch :approve:

Splitter needs adding to the list - Cupra jobby looks mint on the Ph-win IMO.

Phase1sr sillywoman is not amused as it doesn't make any noise and it flies past her Shitroen like it's standing still making her realise how slow that thing is haha !

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I had my inlets done by Ben @ Angleworks (when he was trading) The port size on the PH1's is tiny.

I did notice a difference after having mine done. :)

So a de-cat and a single box ktec will sort out the noise problem. :D

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Nah this is staying as is. K-tech stealth already on .. cat is staying in place as it's an EPIC pain to change a ph1 !

I like the noise as is TBH - sounds noisy inside, not much going on outside. If the car had another 250hp, it might be worth making a song and dance about it ;) As it's slow and shite, it's just fine.

The drone from the de-cat on my old one was mind-crushingly annoying !!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I thought harpham was into his car cleaning??

But I haven't read your thread past that, it was boring me.

Welcome fellow subaru/ph1 owner. :)

Remove that stupid front plate, raise the back up a bit, throw the tow eye in the bin and you're on to a winner.

Shame it's yellow. That's a girls colour.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I think TEG is on a wind up, if it was that bad he wouldn't have bought it.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers Daniel .. All that's mentioned in Post 1. :S

Scott - Not on the wind up at all ?

Mechanically it seems spot on so far - the cup wishbones were never designed to be on the Ph1 (for hopefully obvious reasons). Hopefully I've resolved some of the silly niggles and the boot-leak. The V-Maxx is OK .. and by that, I mean they've not fallen off. They're budget coilovers for lowz but they're adequate just now. I can't get it to scrub when in full combat mode around roundabouts, so hopefully they'll do me a couple of track days before upgradingz !

The rear end does need re-painting, but it's not worth doing as it'll just be a track slaaaaag / fast-road weapon. The layer of dirt will keep prying eyes at bay anyway.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
I want another RS :-( had one offered me a few weeks ago too, but can't afford it atm. I'm hoping I get to use this one! !

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh!!! TheEvilGiraffe

Sorry I've not been in contact squire, pretty sure employment is trying to kill me through tired-ness. I'm in Cheltenham, then in Cambridge/Norwich this week, but I'll make sure we meets up soon. I want a go.

Bit of a s**t about the wheel well, how have you resolved? Hole drilled? LOL!

What's the deal with the cup wishbones?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Towel dried / hoovered the sh*t up / cleaned with cleaner to freshen up (was GRIM).

N.S light had a bit of putty/silicone gloop on it [the bodywork where the loom goes through] - probably causing the issue as it won't sit flat. Removed that, changed lights and tightened it all up properly.

Washed car with no water inside so HOPEFULLY it's resolved. Probably isn't though :dapprove: We'll see.

If you're in cambs - pop in on the way home / stay over one eve ?

Cup wishbones - extra castor - handles like a go-kart !

Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Above the rear lights are some black grommets. If you can spin them with your fingers they're fcuked so either silicone or new grommets. I've had to do a couple of them in the past. Worth checking.

Peugeot 308
So everyone was bigging this car up etc, but in reality its just another Ph1 with some edited pics? Or am I missing something here?

Don't mean to sound harsh, but for the price I got offered it for, I wouldn't be expecting an inch of water in the back..?

:boring:

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Bet the seat issue is the same as on mine recently. The metal clip that remembers where the seat should be when tilted forward snaps so it cant go back beyond that point. Cheapest fix is new seat runners.

http://s39.photobucket.com/user/beechey14/media/clio/IMG_2083.jpg.html

Have a look down the rail with a torch.

Oh goody. Thanks..

Buckets might be on the list sooner rather than later then haha :eek:

This thing looks way too good to track!! Best phase 1 colour! :approve:

It's a cheap French shed. It's been designed to be tracked !!

So everyone was bigging this car up etc, but in reality its just another Ph1 with some edited pics? Or am I missing something here?

Don't mean to sound harsh, but for the price I got offered it for, I wouldn't be expecting an inch of water in the back..?

:boring:

Well the price I paid, I'm happy. Already got people lining up to buy it who will all disappear as soon as the for sale ad appears, like when I sold the old black one !

It's a bit of a project - it's cheap and it will keep me entertained for a while. Replacing a set of rear lamps is much cheaper than anything I want to do to the scoob by a factor of about (genuinely) 100 haha !

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I allways got the impression it was minty mint? Cant tell if your having a laugh or being srs :(