ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph-lower power - the new Ph1 shed

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Am I the only one not upset !?

It's a cheap French pocketrocket which will be used to drive like it's intended on track and when necessary round the twistiez.

I knew what I was buying (almost) before I bought it. Hence I bought it.

I'm not bothered that it's not factory fresh. That's to much like hard work especially for a <£3k shed.

I'd never have bought a mint one as it was always going to be a track toy !

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I'm not upset lol, I just assumed it was out the box (for a 14 year old car). Anyway, enjoy :)

Listerine & Poledo
It's a proper shed.
But it's a 15yr-old french hatchbatch... WHAT DO YOU EXPECT!

I still reckon we should creosote it.

Then barrel-roll it down Paddock Hill

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
It's a shed but after seeing it last night, I still want it. Won't take much to tidy it right up that's for sure.

Hi, Welcome to CS.

Cambelt doesn't need changing IIRC.

Also, 3/4 plates are legal and if you're unsure about what tyres to go for, then start a new thread because we never talk about important things like that on here.

Shed x

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
It has beguned.

Arriving this week:

• Fresh plates - proper size.
  • Velcro x1m of for plates.
  • Saxo washer jets (mist-type).
  • Paint cans for some resprayz.
  • Microphone for the BT HU.

Arriving at some point in the future:

• Bilsteins.
  • Matched inlets.

Other stuff I want:

• Seat runners for drivers seat (anyone?).
  • More induction noise but standard airbox.
  • Cupra R splitter.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Good plan's, have you seen the set of billies in the for sale section?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
It has beguned.

Arriving this week:

• Fresh plates - proper size.
  • Velcro x1m of for plates.
  • Saxo washer jets (mist-type).
  • Paint cans for some resprayz.
  • Microphone for the BT HU.

Arriving at some point in the future:

• Bilsteins.
  • Matched inlets.

Other stuff I want:

• Seat runners for drivers seat (anyone?).
  • More induction noise but standard airbox.
  • Cupra R splitter.

Seriously, a ph1 set of front seats is about £40. Surely you could find a runner if you actually looked?

That's a nice liquid yellow, non-cup with Cup packs, but not a cup splitter or cup spoiler you've got there, Sally. Welcome to BurbleSport.

Bring it to the next meet?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I've already brunged it to the last meet at The Unit a couple of nights ago :eek:

Won't be at the SRR day this Sat in the specialbus but will probably see you somewhere soon :)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
S2 POA is Sunglasses_Ron 182.

I think TEG and myself are going in sunglasses car. That was before TEG bought the sunflower.

Wasn't sure if he was going to take it.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
So... I guess this is turning into a little project Rob could you move it please ? :eek:

Another 150 miles done today. That seat needs sorting out ASAFP !

45MPG easily achieved 65-70 on the m'way. Perfect !!

New clean proper plates are here - some paintwork to clean up before they can go on however...

The Saxo washerjets are here too as is an aerial adaptor for the Alpine HU - just haven't got round to fitting them yet !

Matched inlets purchased - Will put on one night in the week at work.

Leaky lights fixed. Had OOOOOODLES of rain the last week - not a drop in there .. so it seems to be sorted !

Boombox pending a Goodj visit to the SE :eek: Bloody well needs it .. far too much high + mid and fcuk all bass from the paper 10cm (13cm?!) cones of wonder.

Bumped into my old ph1 today too ..

1904098_10153814393595154_343329648_n.jpg

:D

Its shocking tbh @Craig. I mean its a clean car, but its not mint as so many people thought. Not that I can talk as my cars are always sheds!

Be alright with the cup wishbones and spacers as long as there are no arch liners fitted, my flamer ran AST top mounts set with full castor and 25mm spacers and williams wheels (higher offset) and was fine.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I was planning on removing the arch liners for track TBH :eek:

Bit of extra room and also a bit more air flow to the brakes !

Can't get it to scrub yet when in full combat roundabout attack mode... so we'll see...

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Rob, let me know what speakers/boogie box you go for as my sounds could do with a bit of an up date.

Its shocking tbh @Craig. I mean its a clean car, but its not mint as so many people thought. Not that I can talk as my cars are always sheds!

Be alright with the cup wishbones and spacers as long as there are no arch liners fitted, my flamer ran AST top mounts set with full castor and 25mm spacers and williams wheels (higher offset) and was fine.

To many people see pictures of cars on here & say that's mint best car etc without even seeing them in person. I seen it 2yrs ago at fcs & was disappointed as it didn't match upto the pics, but hey who am I to judge other peoples cars.

Was yours fine on track too mate? Could just imagine it catching I no mine did with standard castor & 20mm spacers so had to lift them up.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
It's a Pioneer thing that Brendan already has and wants rid of.

All you need is a sub - a decent enough HU that can cut bass to the speakers up front and you're away. Job done.