ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 172 "Coco" ITB Daily

gudger12345

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Hello all, i will brief you on what has happened in the past and lead me to purchasing a Phase 1 172
I did have a EP3 however lost the back end and got fired out of a hedge doing about 85mph as i recall
Started off OEM then after feltling it ended up looking like this
IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

and after the crash then ended up like this :cry:
1120b9a0.jpg

9285c622.jpg

b4e01bee.jpg

So as no other parties were involved i decided the SORN the car and break it to sell as parts and mods, made money on the car and still have lots of interior bits and bobs, standard suspension left if anyone requires anything message me.
This then left me with needing a cheap run about for getting to and from work as i was in my final Year of my apprenticeship and would be getting a company once i had finished my time, but fate had something else planned for me.
I got a Corsa b cheap as chips with what the owner (78 year old) said was a large amount of miles, he had owned the car from new 1999 and this resulted in 34,000 for a 13 year old with full service history i was over the moon with it. As it had a 1.0L 12V in i went down the route of low and slow. Got some cheap coilovers with a 2 year warrenty and managed to find some Borbet A's and slammed him (Pete)
Ran Pete for a few months then at work i went to make the coffee's and found myself in the back on an Ambulance after having a fit due to my diabeties but the receptionist told the emergency services that i had a seizure thus the DVLA revoking my licence for 12 months.
Well the 12months have almost passed
Thus leading me to start looking for a new car as the girlfriend took over the corsa to Taxi me about from place to place, my director lived in the next village down so i was able to get to and from work still.
I was hunting the internet everyday and one lunch time stumbled across a standard Ph1 172, bar cone filter and Eibach lowering springs
IMG_2454_zps78d9ddcc.jpg

Messaged him and on the friday went to view the car and gave the seller a deposit
But as the car was not taxed or insured we had a problem but as the seller was a police man he offered to drive the car down and only required a lift to the local trainstation to get home, well i was not going to turn him down so on the sunday afternoon after he had finished his shift he dropped the car off
IMG_2461_zpsa3dad1b9.jpg

IMG_2458_zps3fdae07b.jpg

Got a few bits for her
-Rear Net
-ARB
-Phase 1 Air box
-Rear strut brace
-Amber indicators
-New wheel and boss
-Aero Wipers
-Seat mounts and sliders
-Skoda Splitter
-Carbon fibre wrapped a few bits

Then started playing with her

IMG_4311_zpsc7fbc99d.jpg

IMG_4313_zpsad95f32e.jpg

IMG_4322_zps50b69a1c.jpg

IMG_4329_zpseaf7d953.jpg

IMG_4310_zpsde51c659.jpg

After a good clean

IMG_4330_zpse5864ad3.jpg

New wheel & Boss

IMG_4345_zps1e1fa455.jpg

IMG_4348_zps5144b8de.jpg

IMG_4352_zps0dc5dbef.jpg

IMG_4356_zpsf45067a9.jpg

IMG_4357_zps3ebcc047.jpg

IMG_4363_zpsc6f81fa7.jpg

IMG_4365_zpsb03423e8.jpg

IMG_4366_zps66efc8c0.jpg

IMG_4367_zps713805cf.jpg

IMG_4368_zpsa9b1bd2c.jpg

Hope you like her

p.s. Here is a photo of the corsa and the girlfriend giving him a good once over

IMG_4332_zps9e0d4bc5.jpg

Astra gsi turbo
Re: Coco the french 5lut

i was interested in the type r and clio until i saw the last pic. sorry

gudger12345

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172

Well she has had her rear demolished, i mean stripped (this is the PH1) and i have put my Momo buckets in Sabelt 4point silver harness and carpeted the rear
Aisha got her rear demolished this morning as it is her birthday
I still can not drive the car till chirstmas :cry:
but i want to get the following done before i can drive it
I want to keep it as OEM as possible to surprise people

-Pure sport strut brace and mounts
-Braided lines
-Paint the calipers
-Coilovers (Spax fully adjustable front and rear)

gudger12345

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Re: Coco the OEM Ph1

Well been driving her over a month now and have loved driving her
Gave her a wash so i thought i would post some pictures up

IMG_4534_zps1ce75060.jpg

IMG_4529_zpsf82da91a.jpg

IMG_4525_zps9c7a1c9c.jpg

IMG_4539_zps6609aff6.jpg

IMG_4553_zpsacdf571a.jpg

IMG_4555_zps4436b350.jpg

IMG_4557_zps84d9f84b.jpg

and the interior

IMG_4558_zps4e861581.jpg

IMG_4537_zps03d0be76.jpg

IMG_4541_zpscef13870.jpg

My little helper, Tramp

IMG_4550_zps037f1943.jpg

Black 182

Finally found some people near me! Thought i recognised the CTR! Seen it a bout before.

Looking nice inside! Definitely needs to go lower...

gudger12345

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172

On the road linking Hornby to Appleton Wiske
I do agree its needs to be lower, just need to get my cage in then its onto the handling :approve:

Black 182

Not up your way very often, but give us a flash if you see me... You cant miss mine :dapprove:

B48C5874-0E2C-4E5C-A504-BA817836B7AF-8636-000008A2945F1BE7.jpg

And when you say cage i trust you mean a real cage... Not a show cage..

gudger12345

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172

I will give you a flash dude
yeahh i just need to get it welded in.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me

Ph1 looks nice.

You was lucky with the civic by sounds of it, glad you walked away from it ok.

Nice barn you've got there. Also is that block of garages all yours, thing of beauty that!

More pics of corsa being cleaned ta .... :rasp:

gudger12345

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172

I was very lucky to walk away from the EP3
The garages are all mine (Parents) so if anyone fancies some cheeky photos feel free and the barn has ramps in as i BMX

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Coco the french 5lut

Nice looking ph1. How you finding it compared to the ep3?

gudger12345

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172

Well I had an Audi a4 2.8 Quattro for abit aswell then got banned for a year but from what I recall the Clio is much more fun in the corners however vtec in the ep3 was just awesome
i have quite a few bits left from the ep3 as I broke it! Most of the interior and other bits however I have already sold the k20 was the first thing to go really!!
If anyone needs any ep parts shot me a pm and I will tell you if I have them or not

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

Looks to be an immaculate ph1 you have, really nice. The garage/barn is amazing. What size is the steering wheel?

gudger12345

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172

The wheel is 350 Diameter Austin-182
Sir Dave - where would you suggest mounting my harnesses too???

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Coco the french 5lut

Lovely tidy looking car that!

That block of garages looks like a dream too!!

The garages do look lovely. Could have some great pictures there with a load of RS clios ;)

gudger12345

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172

I know for a fact that mounting harnesses on the rear brace is a big no no unless the brace is welded in
I am looking at getting a set of Fully adjustable Spax RSX coilovers, However as this is my daily i still want it to be comfortable please can people give me some feedback if they have these installed already.
The Garage is beauty like, it use to have my dads office in the room above but now its the games room :approve:

Ph1 172 (titanium)
Coco the french 5lut

How did you find the oreca boss fits. I've got one in my ph1 and from behind it looks like it doesn't fit properly. Like it should sit in a little further. Though I've had no problems with mine.

Countryman JCW

Nice example there mate, how do you find it in comparison to the civic???

gudger12345

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172

Well if any one is local and in the area why not pop round and we could get a beauty photo shoot in the garages and also the barn with all the ramps in :)
The civic was the first proper car (fast) that i had so i thought it was awesome just pushed my luck abit too fare

As for the Oreca Boss i found it doesnt sit straight however it looks like its as fare on as the standard steering wheel was.

Can anyone comment on the Spax RSX coilovers as i am so tempted to get these and a Pure motorsport strut brace and top mount kit

Ph1 172 (titanium)
Coco the french 5lut

I am having some spax rsx with outboard rears fitted on Monday. So I can give you a shout once I have a feel for them.

My oreca boss feels like its fitted properly. Cancels indicators and doesn't wobble at all. And it sits straight. But none of it has sunk into the hole on the column. But maybe that's just how it is!

gudger12345

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172

I will take a picture of how mine sits tomorrow scotti-boi so you ccan compare
if you would give me some feedback that would be sweet