ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 172 Irratic Immobiliser problem - Changed Key Battery - Any help appreciated

ChrisCurr

ClioSport Club Member
  RenaultSport clio 17
Having a bit of a problem with starting my Ph1 172, I've changed the battery in both keys and it seems both keys still work/wont work depending on the moment.

The imobiliser light flashes and the car turns over but will not start. Anyone know what the logic of the imobiliser is or how it is disarmed?

Any help or suggestions at all appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0635.jpg
    IMG_0635.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 105

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Ideally it needs CLIP'n to see what the key states are when this happens as it could be a multi-timer fault or it could be the keys or the decoder/associated wiring.

Mick

ChrisCurr

ClioSport Club Member
  RenaultSport clio 17
Thanks Mick, What do you mean by CLIP'n? It does seem to do it with both keys if that is any sort of clue?

Clio 172 cup
Try pressing the button on the fob Very slightly when trying to start the car. This tightens everything up in the fob and turns off the immo

ChrisCurr

ClioSport Club Member
  RenaultSport clio 17
Thay's great advice raiderman, I'll try that. Works about every 3rd time at the moment and I'm not sure why?