ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ph1 172 on turbines??

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
just got these wheels refurbed last weekend and put on. soon as they went on i wasnt sure. they look phat on valvers but not sure about the more rounded 172s.
car is standard apart from apex -40 and ph2 rear clusters and blueflame zorst cosmetically.

DSC00128cs.jpg

DSC00127cs.jpg

SP_A0009.jpg

with standard rims -

SP_A0002.jpg

M2 Competition
Try a photo without the centre caps in mate, might look better then.

Not bad though, although gloss black would probably look better :)

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
the centre caps were a pain in arse to get hold of the bolts and key!
they arent comin off!
top rims, just chalk and cheese i think. but sometimes they do look really good. too much of a track car look 4 me.
gettin rid next weekend possibly

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Yeah not liking them either, put the standards back on.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
will admit F1s look spot on. but 15" are too small for F1s. for 15s u need the spokes to go to edge of rim. those team dynamics ones would be ok in 15. but the std wheels just look too small. DAY's 16" F1s look million times better i think.
the back wheels look fine, its just the beefed up front arches on 172 that need filling desperately!
could get away with 15s if was on coilovers i guess.

I recently put some silver turbines on my valver and it took a while to get used to them. They are just a different sort of wheel. One day you'll look at it from an angle which shows them at the best and know you've done the right thing.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
on a valver yes. they look brilliant. they were made for the valver cos it has the same sort of sharp edges and meaty wings. but not so sure on 172 ph1 with 'bubbly' shape.
im hopefully doin a part ex next weekend for em so at least i tried it and can say i had a go.
they are mint i only had em refurbed and put on last saturday! thats why im a bit choked! :(

LY 200
Looks shite mate.......Standard's look much better!!!

Has anyone tried 182 cup rims on a ph1?? Rekon they would look good against the black!!!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
no way. standards are gettin flogged so i can afford some 16s!
looks like a roller skate with the stds!

Iceberg 172
I dont think it looks right with turbines. It makes it look like a standard clio on black steelies.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
love some 16 F1s from renault but i havent won the lottery yet!

how did u take off and paint ur 2.0 litre badge day????

Remove bumpstrip and pop out 2.0 badge.

Sprayed the badges myself using a silver metallic finish plasti-kote spray.