ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 172 Track Car. Next Year I Go Racing - Hopefully!

clio cup
Your car will be ready though tony, still got 3+ weeks yet, @dinger built a new car in that time!
Russ

This is true Russ, so come on Tony, pull your finger out as its our turn to kick you up the ar*se to get it done

And I do ok with a standard engine!!!!!!!

Great news on the ARDS test and hope to see you at Donny,,,,,,, BBQ and bar at CHez Dinger, all welcome Saturday night

I was going to ask nearer the time, but what is the crack with these events normally?

Do people arrive the day before and camp at the venue? Nearby campsite? Stay in a hotel? Sleep in cars?

Or just get up at stupid o'clock and drive down in the morning?

Its a big 12 man tent with a cooler box full of bear and a disposable BBQ,,,,,, Nowt special Russ, lol

clio cup
Tony- Arrives 2 weeks prior and sleeps in his camper van
Russ- Too posh to sleep in a caravan so gets a hotel
Sonny- Doesnt care what anyone thinks so sleeps in his car
Dinger- Stupidly large Tent, travels down the day before
Pete/Sam- Arrives in the morning fresh faced!

182cup & 172 racecar
Day before, sleep in cars,vans, shoe boxes and tents, or a nice comfy camper ;).

If I was re shelling, I'd be halfway there by now, 99% of the work is out of my hands though.

WRX
Tony- Arrives 2 weeks prior and sleeps in his camper van
Russ- Too posh to sleep in a caravan so gets a hotel
Sonny- Doesnt care what anyone thinks so sleeps in his car
Dinger- Stupidly large Tent, travels down the day before
Pete/Sam- Arrives in the morning fresh faced!
Adam just leaves his house half an hour before he needs to get there.:rasp:

WRX
Are you going to be running in the production class Adam?

Yes James, I will be. Hopefully some more will see the light and that they can be raced in this guise and you don't necessarily need to throw thousands at them, to make them track ready.

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Lol its my pit crew that have an aversion to sleeping in cars khj100 doesn't like it, I'm not fussed! I remember camping in a big tent at Anglesey years ago before a race and it was grim, freezing cold, wind and rain but that's probably luxury compared to most of the local b&bs on Anglesey!
Russ

If mine hadn't already had the gripper and ast's fitted before I got it I would have considered the production class as well.

Yes James, I will be. Hopefully some more will see the light and that they can be raced in this guise and you don't necessarily need to throw thousands at them, to make them track ready.

Clio 200
Lol its my pit crew that have an aversion to sleeping in cars @khj100 doesn't like it, I'm not fussed! I remember camping in a big tent at Anglesey years ago before a race and it was grim, freezing cold, wind and rain but that's probably luxury compared to most of the local b&bs on Anglesey!
Russ

Relegated to pitcrew..?! "Fellow competitor" if you don't mind! It'll be back out for donington, mark my words..! (but hotels FTW!)

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Lol its my pit crew that have an aversion to sleeping in cars @khj100 doesn't like it, I'm not fussed! I remember camping in a big tent at Anglesey years ago before a race and it was grim, freezing cold, wind and rain but that's probably luxury compared to most of the local b&bs on Anglesey!
Russ

Some really nice b&bs on Anglesey. Let me know if you want a recommendation.

WTF! So my GP wanted £115 to do the medical section of my licence application.

Nuts to that, found a locum doctor based just a few miles from my house who does medical reports for the HGV drivers.

He did it for just £20.

How GP's can charge over £100 for this I don't know. The whole test only took about 10 mins.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Mine said 50quid then afterwards said call it 30 as it was so easy! Ideal :)

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
It's obviously something that doesn't get done much so nothing really set I guess!

So I was going noticed a bit of play in the front tie rods and I decided to give the front end a bit of a refresh ahead of the race.

Fitting new, Tie rods, Track rod ends, and ball joints.

Stripped the front down and also noticed a bit of play in the front nearside driveshaft.

Does anyone know if you can still buy driveshafts from Renault? If not where is the best place to get them from? I don't want a cheap part that is going to let me down.

So my wife has just bought me a GoPro to record the race on next weekend, she even got a roll cage mount. What a clever girl!

It didn't come with an sd card though.

Not sure if I will I need a 64Gb or if 32Gb be enough?

Any ideas guys? Not sure how much memory HD video uses?

Last edited:

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
If you already have a 32gb that will be fine if not I'd get a 64gb anyway.

I use mymemory.co.UK normally a discount code about as well :)