ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ph2 172 backbox

tiTTy & SV650
My exhaust has just started blowing and my car now sounds like every chav's corsa.

Would anyone recommend any oem style backboxes other than a Genuine Renault one? I know stainless is the way to go but it's just the backbox and I don't want to spend several hundred £ on the car at the moment.

tiTTy & SV650
OK, backbox had separated from the centre section by about 99% lol, centre section is corroded enough to warrant replacement too.

So mild steel shitty exhaust supplied and fitted from large national chain of fitters (not kwik fit) is £330

That's gotta be stainless steel money, descision made!

Clio 197
this has just happened to my backbox , got a replacement for 56 (pattern) however the center section is also blowing now too, if you want to fit and forget then full stainless is the way to go. ktec full system without center silencer is just shy of 300 (stealth)

tiTTy & SV650
Thanks for the feedback, where did you get the pattern part? Might be an option as I dont intend to keep the car forever

tiTTy & SV650
Update, just going for Renault OEM replacement, ordered at a good price from Wests Renault, local Renault dealers would supply and fit for £400 (centre section, backbox, sleeve, gasket), local custom places will do one for £400, local exhaust fitters will supply and fit pattern parts for £330.

So I'm just going for standard, will cost me about £300 supplied and fitted.