ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH2 172 stealth exhaust - how many are there? and which one!

Clio 172 Cup
As the title suggests

I’d like to know what choices there are (currently, Feb 2020)

looking for something quiet, and not too chav looking :unsure:

My car is a 172 cup (so ph2) and I think it currently has a straight through exhaust with some backward pointing tips on the current back box, they are totally not preference. I want something hidden, and more original looking + quiet!

Interested in this too, would like something that was effectively a quality stainless version of original pattern exhaust that sounds nice but not too loud and still be ok to run in standard class. I guess that doesnt exist and be expensive to have a custom exhaust.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Not many. Ktec is the only off the shelf I know of.

Good quality but it's quite loud, get the resonated version

Hell yes get resonated, mine isnt! Sounds great above 5k but droney just where you want it for cruising at 60-70mph.

I'm doing myself no favours here because I'm looking for someone who wants a swap with my centre section otherwise I'll see if a mate can weld in a silencer if that's easily done.

robmuns

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Hell yes get resonated, mine isnt! Sounds great above 5k but droney just where you want it for cruising at 60-70mph.

I'm doing myself no favours here because I'm looking for someone who wants a swap with my centre section otherwise I'll see if a mate can weld in a silencer if that's easily done.

I fitted one of these, just need some decent clamps so no welding required, just cut a section out of your centre section the same size as the silencer and they're very good quality too!

PMS do one off the shelf which is what I'm looking at when the time comes to change mine (y)

Mani back though so will have to change the cat (comes with a choice of decat pipe or sports cat but ££)

Last edited:

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Only really the Ktec for a stealth exhaust, but they are quite boomy inside which I think is due to the angle of the exit

I’m going to look at getting one made instead when it comes to replacing mine.

I've just enquired with a well regarded local custom exhaust place who said for a 2 box cat back custom to whatever spec wanted, fitted is 400+vat, so that still cheaper than Ktec stealth silenced new plus fitting.

Ive got a K-Tec with decat for sale if anyone is interested £200 for both, PM me if interested. I havnt advertised on here yet as need to get some better pics but have 1 can send to anyone interested for now

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Ive got a K-Tec with decat for sale if anyone is interested £200 for both, PM me if interested. I havnt advertised on here yet as need to get some better pics but have 1 can send to anyone interested for now
Resonated ?

Its a 172 Sports Stealth exhaust with the silenced centre section, not too loud or droney!

I had the Supersport fitted before this and it made your ears bleed!!!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I bought a brand new standard genuine system for my last one, from memory it was about £400 and sounded perfect, 2yrs later I heard it had snapped off lol

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
I had the same issue when i had my cup & changed to the super quiet ktec system,it was quiet but still had the boomey noise which was the main issue i wanted to go & even had a custom tailpipe made up as i thought it may of been the stealth pipe but made no difference.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
btb made a great stealth system for the 172 which was quiet but they no longer make them afaik. sure someone on here called them not that long ago and they had one left on the shelf which they bought. maybe give them a call see if they will knock one up for you. wont be cheap though. they do top end stuff.

monaco 172
I'd just get the ktec Res, lifetime warranty afaik , quite loud, but at the end of the day is a nearly 20 year old tin can with a big engine, it never was that refined in the first place lol

Clio 172 Cup
I have the ktec stealth resonated with ktec sports cat and it’s ok tbh I have got used to it over time I only do a very short run into work and it’s not Mega intrusive on motorways. I looked at cheaper options but figured they were just gonna be shite.