ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph2 FF 172 - Is this a good price??

Artic Blue Clio 182
Hi,

I saw this Clio Ph2 FF 172 up for sale yesterday & I'm going back today with the intention of buying it...is this a good deal??...(its from a used car dealer)

Monaco Blue
MOT'd until nxt March
All Std, No extras
All HPI Clear

£6,050

Or £6,400 if I take the 12 month warranty which includes engine faults, gears, power steering, air con, etc etc, exc wear & tear AND this includes a service & valet before I pick it up.

I have been looking for a while now, this is a little more than I wanted to spend but is this worth the extra money?

Thanks

media?id=540627998.gif

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
i'd want to pay 57/5800 to include all of the warranty service & valet etc.

i bet he paid 45/4600 for that car.

RB + LY 182 FF
i agree with the above post..£5.7 tops and only cos of low milage, ive seen 02 plates go for cheaper in auto trader.

Breaking A 172 Replica
Ask if the cambelt has been done. If it has I think 6000 is a fair price, if it hasn't I wouldn't pay more than 5600.

Sam

cup 182 mit stripes
Just about impossible to get a good deal from a used car dealer ,unless you've got photos of him having sex with a farm animal.

Artic Blue Clio 182
Fair comments.. ideally I was looking to spend below 6k, but was finding it hard to find one with low mileage & in good condition.

As this one is in very good condition & low mileage I thought the price was just about right, from a dealer. Also it is due a service now or soon so that would be an extra few hundred, so £6400 all inc & the warranty I thought wasn't too bad. Just incase I had any problems in the near future... hmmmmm

Might keep looking around then.... I am after the Monaco Blue or Flame Red, can't seem to find many good ones at the mo!!

Cheers again.

cup 182 mit stripes
If you paid 2 grand more you could get a much newer 182 cup with lower miles from a private punter, saw a couple in autotrader this morning.

Artic Blue Clio 182
Yeah I would love to, but 6k is stretching it at the mo! lol

I have a BMW at the mo & am going to sell that once I buy the Clio, trying to free up some cash!

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
I wouldn't pay more than £5,750 really.

You need to make sure the cambelt has been changed as it's not cheap.

Artic Blue Clio 182
Should I have to think about the Cam belt at 27k? I have heard this is quite pricey but thought that this is normally needed at around 40k, although the book says 72k!?

Clio 172 mk2
If it's a good car go for it....Monaco is a rare colour and the milaeage is good.

Yes, you could get a 182 or newer car but that doesn't mean s**t...I've seen cars a year old that look worse than ones which are five years old....depends on owner and how it's been treated.

Car is over five years old so cambelt should have been changed of if it hasn't it needs doing (could knock money off for that).

Oh, and don't make the mistake I did, and ask the dealer to get the cambelt done for you (unless they are a Renault dealer) as I did this, and they fucked it up. Had to get it done elsewhere myself, and am now going through small claims to get the money back.

Elise/VX220/R26
I've been trying to find a mk2 172, thats waaay overpriced. up to 2002 for a phase two it would have to be very special to fetch more than 5,500

Artic Blue Clio 182
Cheers for alll your help people, I will have to carry on my search... If anyone comes across a nice Flame red for sale with decent mileage and a price below £6k then please let me know!! lol

(and if anyone knows of anyone who would like a lovely BMW 320ci Coupe 2001 - v.low milelage then also let me know...can't say much more at the mo as this would be in the wrong forum)

Thank you!!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Well i paid £4895 for my 2001 with 44k on it that was over 6 months ago