ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH2 Restore > Road Going Go-Kart

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
James what time did you take your 172 around the track?

Afternoon slot, was from about 2pm onwards, Didn't set the car up so made for a fun session :D

Good news is the wider track removed the terrible under-steer I was suffering with at Llandow, Trophy Turini's were et45 & i'm now on et38 with the 2118's, car feels really balanced & very predictable.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Afternoon slot, was from about 2pm onwards, Didn't set the car up so made for a fun session :D

Good news is the wider track removed the terrible under-steer I was suffering with at Llandow, Trophy Turini's were et45 & i'm now on et38 with the 2118's, car feels really balanced & very predictable.

Oh right mate, I must have must you then, shame as I'd have liked to have seen it on the track.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
No update for the gains of your recent mods?

Afraid not just yet, Workshop & The new JMS Inlet manifold have been taking up all the hours under the sun, Any up-dates will be here first :)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
*** UP-DATE ***

New exhaust tip, Been on the list for a while but wasn't sure if it would suit so finally bought one and took the air saw to the back box!

New tip -

DSC01210.jpg

Old one next to the new one -

DSC01212.jpg

Installed -

DSC01220.jpg

James

RS2'd Trophy
Looking good James.

Are you a supplier of the 2118's now? I wouldnt mind an identical set to yours if you can get hold of them?

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
THE END

DSC03007.jpg

Well the last large item of the car was sold last week, as you can see she was dragged up the truck with no wheels, what a nasty site!

Final recap :

Date of sale -

Cliobefore.jpg

Cliobefore2.jpg

In her prime -

DSC01386.jpg

DSC01390.jpg

DSC01398.jpg

DSC01404.jpg

R.I.P

DSC03005.jpg

But its not all doom & gloom as the replacement is not looking too bad now with a few cosmetic changes now, lots more still to come :cool: ( shall hopefully have a build thread up in a few weeks once some worthy up-dates are rolling on! -

DSC01921.jpg

Hopefully the thread has been an interesting read for some but sadly this is the last up-date!

Thanks,
James

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Sad the 172 ended up like that as it was a great car :(

Looking forward to seeing what you do with the Megane though :D

Did you get my PM and email I sent during the week?

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Sad the 172 ended up like that as it was a great car :(

Looking forward to seeing what you do with the Megane though :D

Did you get my PM and email I sent during the week?

Yes mate, My pm box has become a nightmare with the sale of parts lately so has been cleared constantly, We got the email though ;) shall hopefully get you booked in soon matey :approve:

Cro

Meg'd r27
Nice replacement James, loads left on that shell you sent off, I presume it was bought not scrapped?

Ollie's Silver Cup
I like the idea of the duct for the RS2, interesting. Did you notice any/much difference using it and the boxed off section in the bay?

Meg looks well; I'll look forward to seeing what JMS come up with for it! :)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Are some megane upgrades on the cards for JMS?

Of course, That's the reason behind moving into the Megane, Shall see what we come up with over the coming months ;)

Nice replacement James, loads left on that shell you sent off, I presume it was bought not scrapped?

Cheers mate! Yea the shell was bought, The money I got for it I was very happy with even more so that it was all collected the following day!

Welcome to the b00st club

;) Nice to finally put a face to the name yesterday :)

I like the idea of the duct for the RS2, interesting. Did you notice any/much difference using it and the boxed off section in the bay?

Meg looks well; I'll look forward to seeing what JMS come up with for it!

We never carried out any in depth intake temp testing on the heat shield, the main reason behind it was due to the race cell being placed under the seat which left the airfilter open to hot under bonnet temps, final shot was to place a naca duct on the bonnet, there were still a few things I would of liked to play with before it was pulled for parts but the Meggy had been on the cards for some time so when the right one came up it was game over for the Clio :dead: