ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH2 Restore > Road Going Go-Kart

corsa ecoflex
jack....speak to james about a remap as he has the gear so all you will need is to buy the license from fastchip,thats what i did and james set it up for me in less than an hour even with the trouble we had with my duff battery

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Link to the guide Tow eye guys - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?p=4475414#post4475414

Hope it helps ;)

Jack, This is the one me & the guys have been using - http://www.fastchip.nl/component/pa...acturer_id,0/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,26/

Think its comes in around £160-180 delivered, if you just wanna borrow mine & save a few £££ drop me a Pm mate & we can sort it in under an hour if you drop by one night ;)

MoRpH3uS - Fastchip deliver to france right??? if not jump on the ferry & spend an hour round mine lol, The cold air feeds is still only plans, will be put together shortly mate ;)

Clio 182 :)
lol James I wish I could go back to UK (I've been there several times), but I'm in the south of France and that would be a very long trip just to get to Calais !

About CAF, look at what I found on a Meggy mk1 :

dsc00258-668d76.jpg

It's the perfect caf :)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
*** UPDATE ***

So finnaly decided to tackle the the nasty mess on the top of the lights today, only real flaw my 172 has & i sure wasnt gonna leave it that way! seems a few Ph2 172/182 suffer from this.. anyway heres what the lights looked like this morning after they were cleanned

DSC00506.jpg

DSC00505.jpg

So hit the both head lights with various grades of wet & dry sand paper then brought the shine back with my trusty Megs G220 & various polishs...

DSC01016.jpg

So 2 hours later...

DSC00511.jpg

DSC00510.jpg

And a nice reflection shot :cool:

DSC00508.jpg

James

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
MoRpH3uS, the cold air duct form the meggy looks good mate, handy for getting to the lower grill.. but! wait to see what i have in mind, will hopefully have it put together within the next few weeks ;)

Clio 182 :)
James ! I didn't know that you knew wetstanding, G220, and plastic reconstruction (lol)...
I even see Meg #80 and #83 on the picture ;)

Very good work mate, I've tried that with Meguiar's Plastix on my headlights, didn't work too well... I'll have to try out with the Makita :cool:

Thx for the meggy cold air duct I just need to fix it a little better and that's it :)
Can't wait to see yours !

Ph1 172 + Combo van
what grades of wet and dry paper did you use on the headlights before polishing them back up? my headlights have the same marks as yours. thanks

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Jack, Custom files are what hank ( fastchip owner ) designs to suit your current mods... we either use the 98ron cal or Group N rst though, both seem very similiar in power & a much improved car after the install :cool:

greenalex90, Started on 1000 grit then ended up on around 2000 grit, some parts didnt even see lower than 1800 as it just wasnt needed it, make sure you have a good polisher & polish's, there is no chance of you restoring them purely by hand..

MoRpH3uS, love my car detailing mate, freek for it lol, have had the megs G220 for a while now but think i may end up going to something like the makitta in the near future :cool:

James

Ph1 172 + Combo van
cheers mate. new pads and polish for my rotary soon so should get them good as new!:)

Petrol Blue 182.
time to detail the euro machine me thinks.... picking up part one of the last few mods on saturday, the end is near

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
cheers mate. new pads and polish for my rotary soon so should get them good as new!:)

No worrys mate ;) , Its tough cutting back through the plastic so dont go mad with the wet & dry lol

ITB'd 172
just sat and read all pages of your thread and am very jealous of your speed, and mostly your skill at doing all these bits yourself.

and top job for finding such a cheap bargain and transforming it!

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
just sat and read all pages of your thread and am very jealous of your speed, and mostly your skill at doing all these bits yourself.

and top job for finding such a cheap bargain and transforming it!

Thanks mate :) , It hasnt all been plain sailing, all the work has been carried out by my self & i'm very happy to be able to say that but it has been trial & error from previous cars/motorbikes.. years of practice has got me fairly handy with most parts working on cars.. i say years of practice but i'm only 21 :rasp:

But saying this, i do owe alot to the guys on here for in put & help as i have had alot of road blocks during the work but it is french so i would be a fool to think it would all go to plan lol, so thanks to all those that have helped out so far :)

come along way since you picked it up!! faiplay to you mate. looks like a beast!!

would love to have a spin in it at one of the next local meets!!!

top work.

Duncan

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
come along way since you picked it up!! faiplay to you mate. looks like a beast!!

top work.

Duncan

Thanks mate :) , would be more than happy to take you out in it for a spin, least i could do after you took me on my first ever Vee ride :cool: , according to my sources, my 172 ( 184.5 ) power to weight ratio is better than a v6, so would be good to see what there like side by side, of course on a private air strip ;)

James

haha yeah man sure, all in the intrest of science naturally!!

ive still not had a 1*2 give me any grief so will be intresting!!!

340i

top work.

Duncan
Thanks mate :) , would be more than happy to take you out in it for a spin, least i could do after you took me on my first ever Vee ride :cool: , according to my sources, my 172 ( 184.5 ) power to weight ratio is better than a v6, so would be good to see what there like side by side, of course on a private air strip ;)

James

On my 'ahem "private run way" from 0-125ish (just changed into 5th) I was in front of my mates Vee all the way.. it was only until I went into 5th gear he crept past me then the lead increased in his favour :approve: but saying that we both calmed down at that speed.. LOL!

Last edited:
  e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Good finding's gray, V6 slayer could be my new profile :cool:, clad you carried out your tests in safe conditions lol

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Wet & dry sand paper, Megs G220 polisher & various polish's, wouldnt suggest attempting it by hand, took me 2 hours by machine polisher lol

Monaco RS Clio 172
very nice indeed james. the car is simply stunning. :)

you're only a little while away from me in staines. you are def taking me for a spin if I'm ever near by :rasp:

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
[very nice indeed james. the car is simply stunning. :)

you're only a little while away from me in staines. you are def taking me for a spin if I'm ever near by :rasp:/QUOTE]

Thanks mate, if you know your gonna be in the area drop me a pm, will show you a real clio sport ;)

new pants please!

LOL... Coillys + speed + bump roads = Air time lol

still liking it james,but like my ph1 better and i think i proved to couzens last night that i can stick with the best

There aint alot in it, mines still quicker though :rasp:, Your PH1's gonna be sweet when its finnished... must.. not mod... my.. ph1 lol

For those that dont know, updates will be slow over the next few weeks, gotta sort my new toy out lol - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=361858

She will look sex when i'm finnished ;)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
*** UP-DATE ***

Big change of plans since having some one smash into my 172 -

DSC00585.jpg

:dead::dead::dead:

Luckily he has admitted it all & its all getting sorted, but something crossed my mind that i never really took into account... what would happen if i wrote this off on the track, probarbly be seriously fooked & no insurance to fall back on so could be tears... well the would to be run around PH1 is now going to be the track weapon, with the full strip out :evil:

So work has began - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=365856

PH2 will have the coillys removed & put on some thing along the lines of apex springs for the sweet look but will mainly just be cosmetic mods, got one final thing left to do, should be complete soon!

Thing feels heavy with tall the seats etc back in :dead:

James

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
*** UP-DATE ***

Well its been a while since the PH2 project thread has been updated due to the track **** taking over & falling outta of love with the PH2 due to the smash & having all the coil overs & bucket seats removed.. so i had to do some thing! First on the list was apex springs as i just wanted the look as i have the coillys on the PH1 172 if i wanna drive like a tool round the bends, so a week on & they have bedded nicely & the ride height is smart for just springs, handling is really good too which is ace, comfort is gone but there far from comfy in the first place lol

DSC05459.jpg

Next on the list was to add the finishing touch to the carbon bits, so got into gear & ordered some stickers from N2grafix, very happy with the results, top work guys!

DSC05458.jpg

DSC05456.jpg

Also got some PH2 172 seats from tranny B off here, had a fun drive to pick them up, some sweet roads around oxford :evil:

DSC05454.jpg

Picked up some aero wipers last week too, very impressed with them & they look much more modern

DSC05451.jpg

Few other little bits have been done but main focus is to complete the track **** for the rolling road!