ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Ive got the week off work & going to give the cup a proper clean & do a few photos,just want to see if any keen photographers or anyone can recommend some good locations please?.in essex/herts/london
IMG_9792.JPG

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
I did think of that mate but i think areas are restricted maybe,as would love to get a few hanger photos and cant see them letting me,but never know i guess.go up on a quiet sunday

Might be able to get up close to some of the big sheds just off the A120?

Or could find some side streets near Canary Wharf and get some long exposures at night?

Ditto Lakeside?

Southend Seafront? (Can you even get parked there nowadays??)

Some of the buildings round Westfield shopping centre / the Olympic Park?

I wouldn't recommend trying to get any at or near Stansted... lol

Failing that, just find some deserted country roads with long straight bits that you can park on and get some perspective shots.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
I did think of that mate but i think areas are restricted maybe,as would love to get a few hanger photos and cant see them letting me,but never know i guess.go up on a quiet sunday

Contact The North Weald Heritage Collection on FB. I am sure they might be able to accommodate you. You can also go over to the squadron side they have hangers there you can get pics in front of the hanger and amongst the planes.

No harm in asking dude :)

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Contact The North Weald Heritage Collection on FB. I am sure they might be able to accommodate you. You can also go over to the squadron side they have hangers there you can get pics in front of the hanger and amongst the planes.

No harm in asking dude :smile:

Ah cool mate will have to try that mate.What or where is squadron side?.is it by the cafe or?

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Follow the Peri track around the airfield towards the wings cafe. by the air ambulance station where the road bends around to the left follow that go passed the cafe on the left and keep going around the track till you pass a small silver hanger on the left keep going it is straight in front. DO NOT CROSS THE RUNWAYS ( there is 2 the main one and one going across it ) lol you will get you into trouble and may get squashed by a plane landing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Just emailed them,if not i could just go to the cafe and maybe see if there is anyone about that would let me drive into the hangers or close by.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
A year ago I organised a photo shoot with a Phantom Fighter Jet that was pretty cool.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Birch air field near Colchester zoo, the main runway has been adopted as public highway so its just a normal road.
A really really straight, long road that's good for over a ton

Clio 197
How about City Airport? I know of two spots where you can get shots of the runway/planes taking off or landing in the pic too

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Follow the Peri track around the airfield towards the wings cafe. by the air ambulance station where the road bends around to the left follow that go passed the cafe on the left and keep going around the track till you pass a small silver hanger on the left keep going it is straight in front. DO NOT CROSS THE RUNWAYS ( there is 2 the main one and one going across it ) lol you will get you into trouble and may get squashed by a plane landing.

This sounds good, should get an organised meet there for pictures!

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
I have no help, however when you do find some locations can you please let us all know!

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
This sounds good, should get an organised meet there for pictures!

We have lots of meets there.
Post them in the south east region threads lots of times.

Will be organising one when I am back.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Will see if North Weald Aviation will be able to accommodate us for maybe a early evening photo shoot. I can imagine that you would have to donate some money towards it but I will see what they say. They have done things like it in the past. Also if there is any budding filmmakers we could do something with that too.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Will see if North Weald Aviation will be able to accommodate us for maybe a early evening photo shoot. I can imagine that you would have to donate some money towards it but I will see what they say. They have done things like it in the past. Also if there is any budding filmmakers we could do something with that too.

Sounds like a plan mate,maybe should get a group thing going & see who's interested?.
Would love a rolling photo of mine that would be cool!.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Well same as always you put it out there and people pull out at last minute. So I would only organise it if I had firm numbers and a deposit if they charge for their time. The one with the Phantom was about £10 each of which 10 people wanted to go. The club paid them for it in advanced only 4 cars turned up.

I will ping and email to my mate there see what they say.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
They are going to get back to me on the North Weald idea.

What sort of enviroments people thinking ?

Industrial?
Countryside?
Urban ?

RenaultSport 172
Chelmsford graffiti wall??
MGPzRA.jpg

I haven't got a clio anymore but would be interested depending on date/time in some nice pics of my Type-R

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
They are going to get back to me on the North Weald idea.

What sort of enviroments people thinking ?

Industrial?
Countryside?
Urban ?

Be nice to get a bit of all of that but,i would say Urban/Industrial kind of thing as countryside photos can be done quiet easily by just going for a sunday drive on the back roads.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
+1 I would be up for this, depending on time and date, I don't know many locations unfortunately and I am no expert :smile:

one of my favourites in Saffron Walden I used to use has no longer got the petrol pumps
5482713943_a43d95cc14_b.jpg

Multi storey car parks can be good
3988127304_ef7836fa32_o.jpg

As can graffiti
5333584634_0aff685718_b.jpg

Also seen some great pics with black barns or industrial / farm buildings

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
I like the car parks idea,been good in the evening with the lighting.I think it would have to a weekend maybe a sunday?,when most places are a bit quiet and shut?

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
I like the car parks idea,been good in the evening with the lighting.I think it would have to a weekend maybe a sunday?,when most places are a bit quiet and shut?
Those petrol pumps you have uploaded look good, lighting is key, early morning or early evening does tend to be best