ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pic request (engine bay)

182 Cup
Having a bit of trouble with a part that doesn't appear to have been replaced on my car after some repair work.

There is a plate of some discription that goes in front of the alternator to deflect air onto the radiator and I presume to protect the alternator from water and road debris.

I know it's a bit tight in that area, but has anyone got a picture of the area?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I was curious when this was mentioned as I have no idea what it is - I'm sure mine looks like yours!?

182 Cup
Oh. Ok then, can anyone confirm if there should be anything behind the grille?

Missing.jpg

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
plastic bit should be there

was missing when i bought my car

182 Cup
I can check tomorrow mate, if thats any good to you??

A cast iron answer would be great! I'm also trying to get an idea of its shape so I can tell the numbnuts at the garage what they should be looking for.

Thanks Daniel.

Meg'd r27
There definately is a piece, shaped like the piece of grill you can see and a few cm's deep. Took mine off years ago and never put it back on with no detrimental effect

SG9 Forester STi
Yes there should be a plastic bit there, when I got my car sorted the body shop forgot to put it back. I'd forgotten it was missing until I saw this.

182 Cup
There definately is a piece, shaped like the piece of grill you can see and a few cm's deep. Took mine off years ago and never put it back on with no detrimental effect

Good to know! Cheers.

Yes there should be a plastic bit there, when I got my car sorted the body shop forgot to put it back. I'd forgotten it was missing until I saw this.

Do you know if they same part on non-sports?

SG9 Forester STi
If you do find it, could you let me know what it's called so I can sort myself one out :)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
part number please!

Mine must have been removed when the engine came out.