ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pic request (engine bay)

182 Cup
Having a bit of trouble with a part that doesn't appear to have been replaced on my car after some repair work.

There is a plate of some discription that goes in front of the alternator to deflect air onto the radiator and I presume to protect the alternator from water and road debris.

I know it's a bit tight in that area, but has anyone got a picture of the area?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I was curious when this was mentioned as I have no idea what it is - I'm sure mine looks like yours!?

182 Cup
Oh. Ok then, can anyone confirm if there should be anything behind the grille?

Missing.jpg

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
plastic bit should be there

was missing when i bought my car

182 Cup
I can check tomorrow mate, if thats any good to you??

A cast iron answer would be great! I'm also trying to get an idea of its shape so I can tell the numbnuts at the garage what they should be looking for.

Thanks Daniel.

Cro

Meg'd r27
There definately is a piece, shaped like the piece of grill you can see and a few cm's deep. Took mine off years ago and never put it back on with no detrimental effect

SG9 Forester STi
Yes there should be a plastic bit there, when I got my car sorted the body shop forgot to put it back. I'd forgotten it was missing until I saw this.

182 Cup
There definately is a piece, shaped like the piece of grill you can see and a few cm's deep. Took mine off years ago and never put it back on with no detrimental effect

Good to know! Cheers.

Yes there should be a plastic bit there, when I got my car sorted the body shop forgot to put it back. I'd forgotten it was missing until I saw this.

Do you know if they same part on non-sports?

SG9 Forester STi
If you do find it, could you let me know what it's called so I can sort myself one out :)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
part number please!

Mine must have been removed when the engine came out.