ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pic Request: painted grill and front diamond

Recently had a xenon bulb blow so to change it i had to pull off the front bar, while i was there i pulled all the faded plastics off the front bar too and am going to have them painted, was just after some pictures of the painted plastics if anyone has some on a black 172/182, also not sure weather to go matte black or a satin black(can you tell the difference?). One more request, does the front diamond pull away from the plactic surround? mine looks like they are plastic welded together by 3 prongs, can these be pulled apart and did you paint the surround behind the diamond too or leave that unpainted?

Cheers Vukie

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
Can't help with the pic request as photoshop isn't one of my skills but would be keen to see what it looks like, considered doing this myself.

As for the diamond, you can remove the whole thing from behind the bumper, it's held by 3 torx screws an also glued so you will need to melt the glue first. You can then remove the diamond part if needed. I believe you can remove the diamond on it's own from the front by simply getting s hairdryer on to melt the glue and then just lever it off although not tried this myself so can't guarantee it works...

Hope that helps