ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

piper cams! help me out here!

Titanium 182

right im currently looking at cams for my 16v to go with a hill power chip,

i currently have a full magnex exhaust and decat, and im in the making of a custom piped closed air induction kit

iv got the piper catalgue here and its got all the prices and the cams they have for sale for the clio16v

they all have numbers? which i asume is mild to wild!

on a 270h camshaft you can exchange your standard ones

but all numbers above that you cant

it goes....

270H, 285H, 285M, 300M, 320M?

And along with the prodcut catalogue came a list of info about each cam etc

and what power bands they have,

im currently thinking about the 285H road rally, with a power band of 2500 to 7300 to go with the hill power chip/raised rev limiter

this is one up from the fast road with a power band of 1800 to 6600

so im asking which 1 is best? it recomends vernier pulleys will i need anything other than these?

sorry for the very long post but i thought id best ask b4 i get summit wrong!

Going a single step up to the regrind 270 is particuarly useless, it basically does very little especially with no cylinder head mods.

I would personally go as wild as i could keeping it hydraulic and coupling it with a modified cylinder head to reap the best from the cam.

Totally depends how much you can take.

Titanium 182

ben r just the man!

right mate, 285H is the wildest hydraulic one! the one im thinking off going for

iv been told to go for head modifications, he said stage one,gas flowed, the mechanic i know who would fit them

what would i get if i never did any head modifcations?

and what benefits would i get if i did head mods? and which ones, what do they cost etc?!

ill PM you lol.........

Stages.....forget that word, erase from your memory please.....i really hate it.

Titanium 182

lol ok

cheers for the pm ben

you really know your stuff!

iv just replied as you can tell probs i dont have a bloody clue!

BMW 320d Sport

285H is as far as you can go keeping the hydraulic followers. A good choice over standard cams. 270s are definitely not worth bothering with.

Dean we use different chips for different stages of mods . The chip you have (if it is our stage 1) will not have the fueling etc set for cams and verniers. We have only used the 270 cams with road engines as the 285s have a tendancy to screw up the idle and lambda reading because of the increased overlap.

Titanium 182

well, if thats the case i wouldnt bother with the cams! i would only go to 285s, can this no be sorted nick?

im dean whose been enquiring about the chips you do, and iv hangfired for this step of mods, remeber?