ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pipercross Air Filter Dirt Retention Additive

Renault Laguna Coupe

My Pipercross panel filter arrived today. It comes with a little aerosol containing Air Filter Dirt Retention Additive. On the side of the can is a helpful statement:
"DIRECTIONS FOR USE. See filter packaging for details"

Except there are no instructions on the filter packaging, just loads of baloney about all the extra bhp, acceleration, success with women etc that this thing is going to give me.

Does anyone know what to do with this stuff? Do I just give it a good squirt? From the top, bottom or both sides? Heeelllppp!!

Skoda Fabia vRS

afaik just give it a good even coverage, im not sure if you need any on the inside

you could always call em

i know RamAir are very helpful on the phone

Renault Laguna Coupe

Good thinking Brun, I called em and they were dead helpful. So for the sake of the archives, heres the answer:
Spray lightly on the BLACK side of the filter only. This treatment lasts for 30,000 miles after which the filter should be washed in warm soapy water, dried, and resprayed. Oh, and he confirmed the claims about the women.

give it a good spray all over..

and please remember - all who use these types of filters ..

the filter medium IS THE SPRAY or OIL, not the element.. the element only holds the fluid.. the fluid does the filtering.

Joe.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Thanks Joe (you still coming down for the driving lesson on Sat?). Right. Im off to fit my filter. I doubt if Ill be able to report back later as I anticipate receiving a large number of indecent proposals the moment I fire up the car.

Just purchased new pipercross induction kit. Any opinions on them or fitment tips would be appreciated i think i just take the old filter housing of and clamp the new cone on via a hose and jubilee clip is this right?
P.S. Pick the kit up tomorrow, i have a 1996 1.4rt

Skoda Fabia vRS

yea thats right mate

its really easy, if i can do it, anyone can

and just to emphasise again, WD40 is NOT a suitable filter oil, not in the slightest

Skoda Fabia vRS

mate buy some stuff, like NOW

your gonna wreck your engine havin a filter usin WD40 as its oil !