ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pipercross Viper & 172

Has anyone seen the Pipercross Viper? Im hearing good reviews about it and I want to get one to fit my 172cup. Only thing is, they dont seem to make one to fit. Would it be possible to modify one myself, or is it just going to turn into a dogs breakfast?

Any views pls.

D.

Dave

Buy one for the Clio Sport 172 as it is the same engine. Deamon Tweeks do one I think :)

I have seen these and would of gone for one myself but the price put me off at the time. Punted for a K&N induction kit instead.

I am in the same boat, wondering if its worth it.

Is your K&N heat sheilded mate? what did you pay (if u dont mind ;))? and what difference did it make to your insurance premium?

What about performance/noise benefits? never had an induction kit so I dunno what to expect.

Ta.

!!!!!

WAIT!!!

I remember one thing about these kits.....

They are too good for the car as standard! They are really effecive and so much so that the car can lean out above like 5000rpm! NOT GOOD. Some one on here took theres off until they can get a chip to add the extra fuel to compensate.

Thats what im waiting for. As soon as i can afford a chip as well as the viper im going for it :D

Mav

Sorry i cant remember who it was that had 2 take it off, try searching for it

we have just got the NEW MK2 172 vipers! sooo nice! and we run them

im trying to post pics now!

I am running an EcoTek on my 172 (or at least it will be fitted when i take delivery!) and that has a tendancy to lean the fuel mix anyway, maybe Id be better of with a K&N induction kit. I want something that sounds awesome and has a good measure of power boost, I have read a lot about heat problems with Clios, does this apply to the 172 or was it older clios?

i.e. will I need to get a heat shield, and can anyone recommend a good induction kit that meets my requirements?

Cheers folks

BenR, I cant see the piccies, any probs with them? Id like to see how youve got it installed.

About the serial map that youve developed with SC, is there going to be any way for any of us over here to get it pushed into our ECUs? or is it exclusive to you guys in HK?

Im trying to get down to K-tec next thrusday to get my exhaust and Viper installed, so Id be interested in hearing more about your map.

Silver Fabia vRS

Erm is it me or do those links all not work! I can host them on my site if you email me at mailto:geoff@cliosport.net">geoff@cliosport.net feel free to correct me if they do work! :confused:

Cheers geoff!

i have emailed them to you!

basically, the chip program we have made is very similar to the std item. But, we have altered fueling @WOT (as this is always what we were afraid of, running lean) and ignition settings and it now revs to close to 8K (7750) all day long!

It sounds awsome with just the vipe alone and the chip changes the high end sound as the ignition setting make the note alot raspier and harsher! very scary noise when it on full pelt if you outside the car!

Anyway, i doubt it would be available in the UK as its basically no use in the UK.

We have aall year round higher temps (it was 37deg C near its peak) and average of around 28-30 deg C. So, it does affect power and fueling dramatically. if you were to use it, i think you might end up running lean in winter...and thats not good.

Just get K-tec to add a tiny bit extra fueling @ WOT to rectify the problem.....thats all you need to do...wel, and increase the rev limit and iggy settings is you please.

I have about 185bhp now as tested on our RR....and its FUN!

How about one of our Hillpower stage 1 kits. I am currently looking for two more cars to fit a development kit to. We have already had two kits tested by customers on independant rolling roads that have shown increases of around 13 to 16 bhp at the wheels. If you are interested please call me at the workshop 01530 273633 for further info.

excuse my language...BUT

HOLY sh*t!!!!

man, even a 13bhp gan @the wheels from an induction kit and chip!!

Wow!

But i guess if you got the viper, fit it.

only thing that makes me wonder is.......

if that gets 13BHP min....then how bloody erstrictive is the std airbox!!??

i mean, thats alot of airflow to gain!

and if i remmeber, his IKs are of the semi open variety..i.e. open to engine bay heat.

Thats bloody impressive i must say!

Silver Fabia vRS

I spoke to Nick a minute ago and I need to get a Rolling Road done now, so anybody know of a Rolling Road in Bedford/Milton Keynes/Northampton?

I dont know what to do now, first thing I have to do is see what the extra insurance premium is going to be because that should decide if I can afford it or not. I cant afford to get it chipped, I know that for sure, so I am slightly worried about this leaning issue.

I want it to sound meaty as f*ck, and a performance boost would be good, but I dont know if I can justify £200+ for a relatively small boost and problems with fuel leaning.

Aggggghhh! choices choices!

How hard is it going to be to make my own heatshield and maybe a small air scoop? anyone done this? (am thinking in terms of a K&N 56i)

Have also been recommeded a BMC carbon induction kit, anyone heard/seen/got one of these?

200 quid for a 13BHP increase is TOP value!

with the K&N i wont be surprised if you loose a few BHP....inlet temps seriously affect power!

and a little stainless heat sheild will NOT do anything.

JoZeFF

No probs with water, i have been driving in tropical thunderstorms and typhoons and NO problems....just dont go through a puddle thats deep enough to cover the inlet.....then youll get water lock.

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Fcuk that I think I am going to get me one of these systems from Nick.

I take it you need it RR before to get some figures then RR after to get the after figures.

Isnt Nick getting a rolling road in or something ?

ChavyBoy - having spoken to Nick last night, you need to get a RR printout before and after the mod (from the same place!) with bhp @ wheels, torque and CO on it, to help Nick develop the kit. Hes pretty stacked with work right now, but reckons he can get onto it late October....

If youre in London, Power Engineering is your best bet....

Hmm, does that £200 include the new ecu?

I think in the new year Ill be paying Nick a visit, induction, ecu, lowering. Not sure on exhaust tho, think itll be a bit load for me.

Right lads, well, as long as work carries on the way it is, I have a slot booked in at K-tec next thursday, and Im getting the exhuast, Viper and the Lexus rear lights ;)

Should look and sound cool, and I can test it out that weekend @York :cool: Just gotta work on my starts and changes now :(

Dave It isnt heat sheilded but i have never had any problems with it. It cost me about ninety quid from Deamon Tweeks.

As for the noise is makes a hell of a difference, specially when mated with my magnex back box. Its enough to scare grannies at 200 paces!!!!!!:devilish: