ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pistachio's Racing Blue 182 Project Thread

Expensive day today but it's nice to have it all done and out of the way. Timing belt, water pump, dephaser and aux belt. Both of the radiators had rusted away around the bottom mounts, so have been replaced with new items. Exhaust is blowing as per usual. Discs are getting low too.

20191212_194725.jpg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Expensive day today but it's nice to have it all done and out of the way. Timing belt, water pump, dephaser and aux belt. Both of the radiators had rusted away around the bottom mounts, so have been replaced with new items. Exhaust is blowing as per usual. Discs are getting low too.

View attachment 1444436
Hope the proper timing tools were used! Presume you've used them before?

Simon1975

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup/Meg R26
Looks a clean Rb I really should start a thread for my rb 182 cup that I've owned just over a year

Something I've been meaning to do for a while is replace the top dash to get rid of the sticky centre bit. Found two clios at the local scrappy. One was fresh-in and very clean but the centre part was scuffed. I found another, 3 cars high, that was a little dirty from the door being left open but in mint condition. Had a nightmare getting it off because it just wouldn't let go of the airbag unit! I ended up unbolting the airbag just to release the dash. £25 👍

20200320_130603.jpg

Cleaned up
20200320_144837.jpg

Fitted
20200320_162208.jpg

I had new front discs and pads fitted a couple of months ago. One of the calipers was also sticking on. The garage said they fixed it but it has been squeaking at low speed since. And over the last couple of days has started to sound worse at speed. So it is booked in to the garage on Tuesday to have a look.

Today I finally fitted the climate panel that I've had lying around for ages, thanks to @RustyMojo who told me how easy it was to fit! It's not mint but it's so much nicer to use! That is now all of the sticky parts replaced in the car :cool:

5ptTlcV.jpg

Ignore the dirty carpets
Z3Ylq1u.jpg

Also got these black surround headlights to replace the faded xenons. Can't wait to get them fitted 😄
I want to delete the washers too, since they keep pouring all of my screen wash on the floor
1dwPHyB.jpg

Black halogen headlights fitted today and the washer pipes blocked off :cool:

I might get some carbon blanks eventually

Foggy old xenons
z9cBsRm.jpg

OWjZKgb.jpg

P8W4W3p.jpg

x5xEjU2.jpg

1yZJzzy.jpg

FwSL4uy.jpg

brY3eNg.jpg

tA5hJ0e.jpg

mVMR1jx.jpg

28bVpmf.jpg

The fitment certainly isn't as good as oem, but for £60 a pair you can't complain. The front end looks so fresh now :love:

Today I got around to a couple of things I've been meaning to do for a while. Also got some plugs and an air filter to go with the recent oil change.

aPihmKW.jpg

The door check strap has been clunking for a while
67tvspv.jpg

Just remove the single bolt
wRhErky.jpg

Tie on some earth sleeving, undo the other 2 bolts and it wil drop down to the speaker hole. It has to be earth sleeving, definitely not string
6RzrzI1.jpg

Hk3aTB6.jpg

Sexy shiny smoothness
tGBw5tt.jpg

I also replaced the snapped fuel rail guard stud, which has been broken since I got the car
sPcrOk5.jpg

oYSyOwY.jpg

Swapped the plugs and the air filter, then as I was tightening up the hose clamp...
70abawt.jpg

So I'm off to B&Q for a replacement 😁