ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Play.com, bless 'em

In the past two weeks:

Ordered: Dawsons Creek Series 4 (for the missus)
Received: Dallas Season 4

Ordered: SanDisk Ultra II SD 2GB
Received: Sandisk 512MB PSP Memory Stick Pro Duo

and again...

Ordered: SanDisk Ultra II SD 2GB
Received: Sandisk 512MB PSP Memory Stick Pro Duo

They do replace incorrect items fairly quickly, but I've still got to package them back up, take them to the post office and initially pay to return them myself etc, pain in the arse!

VW ....
i dread to think how many parcels they send out ,i read somewhere that Amazon on their busiest day in the run up to xmas took 4 million orders that day :eek:

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
Using staff from Ebuyer, they always get something wrong!

Play have been good for me so far tho.

never had a prob wigth ebuyer myseklf

plenty of probs with play though!

allthough when i rang play at the beginning of the week a girl answered it with what i THINK was an irish accent and she sounded amazing.. i fell in love.

lol

CJ

Blue ph1 172
As mentioned, I've never had a problem and they were the only place on the net I could find with a pink ds (for the gf, honestly) just before christmas.

Yep I'm not knocking them really, 3 mistakes in 7 years of ordering isn't bad I guess, just odd that they've all happened in the past two weeks!

RIP Dan
Its your own fault for ordering Dawsons crack. For my missus, lol, no need to justify it to us!! ;-)
I would have sent you Dallas too.

As for 15 year old chav's.........we dont have chav's in Jersey. We are all millionaires.

lol, shutting down?

They are one of the most successful websites on the internet.

Maybe eBay and Amazon are shutting down too?

RIP Dan
No they are not. There was a bit of talk as the UK govt shut the VAT llophold. they offer free postage now to combat the difference.

I know 3 guys my age (36) who can now retire due to the cash they have made from Play. I went to school with them......why didnt i stay freinds with em? I'll live to regret that, lol.

dk

911 GTS Cab
No they are not. There was a bit of talk as the UK govt shut the VAT llophold. they offer free postage now to combat the difference.

I know 3 guys my age (36) who can now retire due to the cash they have made from Play. I went to school with them......why didnt i stay freinds with em? I'll live to regret that, lol.
play has always had free postage though

Clio Dynamique 1.216vSLOW
u no wat pal the same happened to me a week ago
ordered TOP GEAR WINTER OLYMPICS got X BOX 360 cooling adaptor wat ever that is int even gotta x box lol, but i int ringing em up bout it, im just gonna wait 14days then ring em up and say the dvds not come yet and get them to send me a free replacement and keep the x box fing to flog for the waste of time

dk

911 GTS Cab
u no wat pal the same happened to me a week ago
ordered TOP GEAR WINTER OLYMPICS got X BOX 360 cooling adaptor wat ever that is int even gotta x box lol, but i int ringing em up bout it, im just gonna wait 14days then ring em up and say the dvds not come yet and get them to send me a free replacement and keep the x box fing to flog for the waste of time
it just took me twice as long as it normally does to understand that post, is it so much trouble to write proper english, txt spk can't be that much quicker, takes twice as long to read though for us normal people.

I'm sure I read a few weeks back that Play.com are officially the 3rd biggest seller of games software in the country, they can't be doing that badly :)

Certainly come along way since I first used them in 2000, on the one hand they were much better at customer service back then (they refunded everyone that got stung by customs on the R1 Die Hard Trilogy Boxset, amongst many other gracious deeds) but now on the plus side they sell just about everything and all at competitive prices.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I'm sure I read a few weeks back that Play.com are officially the 3rd biggest seller of games software in the country, they can't be doing that badly :)

Certainly come along way since I first used them in 2000, on the one hand they were much better at customer service back then (they refunded everyone that got stung by customs on the R1 Die Hard Trilogy Boxset, amongst many other gracious deeds) but now on the plus side they sell just about everything and all at competitive prices.
i heard the other day that McDonalds is the worlds biggest supplier of toys. Apparently all the happy meals they sell with toys in makes them the worlds no.1 for toy sales.