ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Poll : Darker Or Lighter Wheels

VaVa

Im thinking of getting my wheels refurbed. But I cant make my mind up if I want a really bright silver (saw Gaz whatsanames on here today, looked lovely) or whether I should go for anthracite.. Ive had a quick PS at how some Anthracite ones might look, but I struggled with making the wheels look brighter (so if anyone fancies a go;))

Whaddya reckon?

How it is now. Dull (and very dirty) wheels.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/lagerlout1/P1010246copy.jpg

Anthracite wheels and 2.0 16v badge..... and lowered a touch

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/lagerlout1/Anthralow.jpg

nah used my charm to get them discounted spoke direct to the factory.I asked if he would do the same deal for anyone else as i might know people who would want a set and he said yup just speak to him.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!

are they 16s??? stay as shiney silver...... think darker ones just look like dirty wheels!!!

VaVa

Yes mate 16s, they came off a Cup so have the different offset to give a wider track. Although I cant say Ive noticed. I think Id need to upgrade the suspension to get any real benefit.

My original though was to get them done a brighter silver, as they have previously been refurbed in a fairly plain looking grey-silver .

Any more opinions??!!

2005 Impreza WRX STI

i think bright silver mate fot the clean tidy look or dark if u fancy the aggressive. personally id have silver but both would look nice!

VaVa

Spanner in the works^^ looks good. I prefer the bright silver wheels tbh, but I cant help thinking the anthracite finish would be better due to it being a refurb.

How bright do refurbed silver wheels turn out??

Mate, to be fair bright silver looks good. I do like your idea of colour coding the bump strip ends to match your wheels though, looks good in you mock up:).

LY182/NHB CTR

Ive just changed mine to the anthracite but to be honest i think both dark and light wheels look lovely...

The only problem with light ones is you have to clean them more often to get that stunning look, the dark you can get away with leaving them i little longer and lets face it most of us what to spend more time driving then cleaning!!!!

VaVa

Im definitely swayed towards bright silver. Is it possible to get them that bright though? I dont want to shell out a few hundred quid to get them ever so slightly brighter!

A silver Honda

Quote: Originally posted by Lloyd v on 25 June 2005
you selling yours already dutty?.. how come?

Its because hes a wheel whore lol

Quote: Originally posted by Remedi on 25 June 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Lloyd v on 25 June 2005

you selling yours already dutty?.. how come?

Its because hes a wheel whore lol

lmao.. ive noticed... hes not got more than 4 photos of his car with the same wheels on..

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by MikeC on 25 June 2005

Get them dark yokel boy!
lol... I even took the pics down a country lane for you. Those green things in the background are called trees, and believe or not that is a road beyond the M25. You smog breathing, shandy drinking, bum loving fool.

[Edited by lagerlout1 on 25 June 2005 at 4:33pm]

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

welli personly prefer the dark ones but as my GIRLFRIEND has the final say cos i like her opinion im staying silver

Clio 182

Get silver IMHO. Turinis look the absolute dogs when theyre clean and the light catches em, be a crime to have em done a dull dark colour!

VaVa

Agreed. Especially on a silver car imho. TBH Im only getting them done because I spent ages cleaning my whole car and my mate said " Car looks nice dude, shame your wheels are stained though".:cry:

Good poll, it must be 50/50. I think the lighter look smashing!

Dark looks like you cant be arsed cleaning, resembling mine which do need cleaning.