ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Portsmouth littered with speed traps!

Think its because of the festival of the sea, Theyre organising big security checks. Bloody speed cameras everywhere!

There are police vans strategically parked past the end of most major roads coming into Pompey. Almost got caught myself but luckily managed to see the police bikes in time. They seem to be catching people with the cameras skattered around the vans then sending out the near-by bikes to pull people over.

I think the cameras are picking up dodgy vehicles as well cos so far numerous illegal imigrants have been caught and non-registered vehicles etc.

So anyone coming to Portsmouth for the Festival of the sea, drive carefully when you get into the city :)

Ford Fiesta

sound like ANPR vans rather than laser vans. We sometimes have operations like this too.

No need for biker outriders if just for speeding.

Liam

hi guys on that note was driving around in my clio 2 day and when u come off at the city center exit going on to the m27 there is police by every lane at the end 3 police bikes and there is a couple also hidden near the eastern road a couple of bikes and a police car hidden by the football pitch and also there is a few unmarked police cars round that area once i know which 1s i will let u know guys !!! peace out and watch out 4 the money digging b******s

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by Liam182 on 26 June 2005

sound like ANPR vans rather than laser vans. We sometimes have operations like this too.

No need for biker outriders if just for speeding.

Liam
Yup, youre right it is the ANPR vans. Everyone keeps SLAMMING their brakes on at the bottom of the M275 though!

Southsea, Gosport and Hill Head were mentally busy tonight..

Volvo S60 T5

I hear they are very worried about a terrorist atack this year, security is up a lot more than normal for this event.
And if they can make some money out of it they will, keep to the limits you will be fine;)

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Pompey is going to me mayhem over the next couple of days. Wed thought about coming down for the Son et Lumiere on Tuesday but driving is out of the question ... really is an island with only 2 roads in. Might catch the train.

Will head down for earlier on Tuesday to see the Fleet Review ... but even then somewhere like Gosport or Lee will be a mess since another place with only a couple of roads in.

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by Andy D on 26 June 2005

Pompey is going to me mayhem over the next couple of days. Wed thought about coming down for the Son et Lumiere on Tuesday but driving is out of the question ... really is an island with only 2 roads in. Might catch the train.

Will head down for earlier on Tuesday to see the Fleet Review ... but even then somewhere like Gosport or Lee will be a mess since another place with only a couple of roads in.
Im not going to be able to get home!

Went for a drive down Lee On Solent/Stokes Bay/Gilkicker Point tonight..it was PACKED. Southsea was really busy too, so Tuesday will be a nightmare.