ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible blown head gasket ???

This is like one of those posts that you really want to delete/edit, but its gone past the edit timeout... sure they didnt all have under tightened head bolts?!

i know the car that had the Nitrous and iirc it had forged rods etc, had quite a lot of money init by the owner

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I'd imagine the crank would flex and kill the bearings long before the head was pushed off the block!

Total fabricated rubbish if you ask me.

pmsl, why would I make it up? the nitrous one was Ben's white 197, it had overheating issues for months, took the head off on his request, to fit ARP studs, and it had very clearly breached the gasket and the blow had caused a minor errosion which made a light skim necessary. it was internally standard at that point with IIRC 9k on the clock

My point was the only times I've ever seen them blow a HG was in very extreme circumstances (and poor workmanship in the case of the under tightened bolts, actually they were all pretty random different tightnesses so god knows what happened there)

pmsl, why would I make it up? the nitrous one was Ben's white 197, it had overheating issues for months, took the head off on his request, to fit ARP studs, and it had very clearly breached the gasket and the blow had caused a minor errosion which made a light skim necessary. it was internally standard at that point with IIRC 9k on the clock

My point was the only times I've ever seen them blow a HG was in very extreme circumstances (and poor workmanship in the case of the under tightened bolts, actually they were all pretty random different tightnesses so god knows what happened there)

When a car does overheat doing a head gasket it is very common for the bolts to loosen so that's probably what you was seeing I see it loads at work

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
When a car does overheat doing a head gasket it is very common for the bolts to loosen so that's probably what you was seeing I see it loads at work

no, this was definitely a very thrown together attempt, I do actually know what i'm looking at ;). It hadn't been done long by the look of new bits. Just to repeat again, they don't fail unless there is something very very wrong.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
My mate bought this car on Friday, with a 2nd hand engine fitted by a local garage. Engine seems fine, however......
The clutch has done less than 300 miles since being fitted

995047_517079945012498_208117808_n.jpg

If a garage offers you a clutch for £60, Run away. The release bearing had also disintegrated and half of it had vanished!
this is why I don't sell/fit Transmech clutches

Not how I'd planned spending my sunday

Monaco 172 Ph2
What I meant was, I couldnt work out why you were posting about a clutch on this particular thread?

Because the original thread was started by myself, and the car dan is reffering to is with the clutch going is mine which was sold - im no mechanic and the garage told me they fitted a new clutch which they have regradless of make (again stuff i know nothing about),

The car drove fine all week and as it should on Friday night when i took Ben for a test drive in it !!!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Because the original thread was started by myself, and the car dan is reffering to is with the clutch going is mine which was sold - im no mechanic and the garage told me they fitted a new clutch which they have regradless of make (again stuff i know nothing about),

The car drove fine all week and as it should on Friday night when i took Ben for a test drive in it !!!

Ah, so thats the link to the car his mate bought, did wonder what he was on about.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

Totally not your fault, just to clarify, Just the garage you got to do it are a bit.....special.

Monaco 172 Ph2
Totally not your fault, just to clarify, Just the garage you got to do it are a bit.....special.

Tbf Dan ive always used the same garage for the last few years and never had any issues, due to one of the lads being an ex renault mechanic - spoke to them early about it and he said they have fit them clutches to about 30-40 cars and never had any issues with them, and even if they did they are covered by 12 month warranty so wouldnt have an issue replacing it,

Personally id of slapped an LUK clutch in it (valeo at a push) but thats as much as i know about clutches lol

He just said he fit a clutch didnt question brand or anything as he had done it while replacing engine,

Like you say though obvs just a brand that is not very good by the sounds of it :(