ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

post ure pics of lowered 2001+

cheers clio_007, i thought they would suit it! Are they the same wheels? mine are wolfrace spirits!

keep them coming

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by Blocko on 18 May 2003

telford_mike, having lowered the car, how has it effected the handling?
The whole idea of fitting the Eibach springs was to improve the handling - the fact that the car ended up lower was just a bonus. The Eibachs improve the handling a lot, and without compromising the ride quality. Theres less body-roll and the car is much more composed over bumpy bits. A really good mod for not much money.

Elise/VX220/R26

any of you guys lowered your car whilst its under waranty? What have renault said if theyve seen it?

Clio v6

I had my 172 lowered on Eibachs. My dealer said " You know we wont be able to fix it under warranty now"

I just said "You couldnt fix it warranty or not"

Quote: Originally posted by jonnyboy on 18 May 2003

any of you guys lowered your car whilst its under waranty? What have renault said if theyve seen it?
reno dealer - that looks much better like that, how much have you lowered it? and why didnt reno sell them like that??

also said that any suspension claims would be invalidated as lowering it would put more stress on the standard parts

hehe i lowered mine under warranty and they havent said a word. but i know if there is anything wrong with shocks etc they wont replace them...infact they will cause ill put the old springs back on:)

jonnyboy, i recently had a new gearbox fitted under waranty so i had to put the old springs and shocks back on otherwise the dealer wouldnt touch it. paul172

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by jonnyboy on 18 May 2003

Renault dealer: (standing admiring lowered and Magnexd 4 month old car) That looks great, I wish we could offer that stuff as accessories.

Never had a problem with a warranty job. Just make sure that your mods carry a warranty thats as good or better than the Renault one. So Eibach (and most other) springs usually have a 100,000km warranty or something like that. Zorsts normally lifetime.

Gilly one thing you have to remember is 172 are 10 to 20mm lower than your 1.2 16v, so -40mm springs on a 172 are more like -50/60mm on yours, if you want to retain some ride comfort then -40mm should be your choice, or if you bother more about looks then -60mm

BMW Z4 2.5si Sport

hmm these look cool. Its one thing I may consider doing to my Dynamique to improver the handling slightly...

exact results were 14.3bhp (57.9bhp to 72.2bhp @ wheels)

but im not very confident about wilcox engineerings rolling road, they seemed VERY generous

would be more like 8 or 9bhp

when it was rrd it had piperx vector filter with full ktr 6x3 zorst

now have piperx s-spec filter, car feels quicker than with the vector

H22A7 Accord Type R

DynamiqueD.........60mm looks low.......but looks a bit much with the standard wheels..........would be ok with bigger wheels tho!! BamBam, im still waiting for my exhaust, i really dont intend on gettin an induction kit, as i aint too convinced about messing up the fueling air mix etc, but sounds like it gives quite good gains!! Rob :)

ive only really got mine for pose value, i have no doubt in the summer that a sealed airbox with performance filter will be much better for performance, but then again its a 1.1 so who cares about performance

may i recommend sound deadening the whole of your car when you fit the ktr exhaust, theyre bloody loud

60mm is the only way forward with clios IMO

H22A7 Accord Type R

......safe to say it will sound a bit louder and less tinny than standard then???? LOL