ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Posting full reg plates

ITB BG 182
i think this a whole load of poo.
Here some one clone mine, its hard to forget what my reg is as basically its my name in 6 characters.

IF your afraid of people cloning you then dont drive at all as some one could do it from a picture or from you driving down a road.

M2 Competition
Agreed, cant see the fuss. Also, not wanting dealers to know what mods you've had done? If your car goes in for a service, theyre not stupid, they'll be able to see what mods you've had done.

53 Clio's & counting
if it helps @ me vw dealership the amount of web sites u can log on to is very small,most dealerships have this as i havew a few mates at subaru and renault,and they say the same

wont let me search on here when i at work,and wont let me on the jobcentre website either lol

so although some dealerships will prob be able to find out some deatails of cars off here,the chances of having full use of the site is slim

although i know my boss wouldnt ask me to start looking on a golf site if a car came in with performance vw stickers in it.....

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Thanks Rory .....thats my London congestion charge paid for the rest of the year :rasp:

morning Ben that's the world we live in now, you off today as well ?

Who the hell is Ben ?? huh.gif

tiTTy & SV650

<--------- help yourself lol

Thanks Rory .....thats my London congestion charge paid for the rest of the year :rasp:

Well I wouldn't have much trouble proving I've not been in London or similar more than once a year and certainly not in the car.

So if I was unfortunate enough to get cloned I would then make a case for myself. If someone wants to clone an arctic blue 182 without cup packs with a distinctive private plate then there's not a lot I can do to stop them.

And life's too short quite frankly to worry about 'what if's'

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Yep, ain't that the truth.

The real problem is the Anal attitude of the parking/congestion/toll agencies when your car is in Scotland and racking up bills in Cornwall at the same time.

They will come after YOU ! and then its a fight for YOU to prove THEIR system is wrong.

RS Clio 200
rich[182];2626785 said:
Cloning couldn't care less, however you can all laugh re. the dealers prying eyes but theres a few of us who have reg plates ascociated to forum usernames, lets say your clio goes in for some warranty work etc and dealer suspects for eg a remap or other mods, youve a www.cliosport.net sticker in window
All they have to do is register, search for plate, obtain username - takes 2 mins
Then search for username - obtain all posts - takes seconds
That user started a thread ".........remapped......"
Posted "had all this done blah blah blah remapped blah blah goes like the wind now" - takes 2 mins

Call from dealer - youve modded your engine - what warranty ? go f**k yourself

If I were a techy @ dealers & the above scenario came up, thats what Id do, its very very easy if plate is connected to username in text, dont need any photos

rubbish, most dealers dont give a toss about mods.... only time they wont do any warrenty work is when the mod has caused the problem. So in that sense, you shouldnt even be asking for warrenty work in the first place

Banana
Serious question...

How many people can genuinely say they know someone who's had their car identity cloned, which then got them in a pile of s**te they had difficulty getting out of?

My old Saxo was the getaway car during an armed robbery in London, even though it was sat in my work's car park all day in Glasgow !!!
Cops had to check with my work and review the car park security cameras to prove my innocence :rolleyes:

PMSL!!!!

What a crock of s**t dude, do you think a dealer is that clued up/ bothered? They'd just spin some story anyway without looking on clio sport

Ha ha ha, all that trouble as well. Like Day said, they don't even pick up the phone when they should.

Then they'd have to be able to justify, prove 100% in fact, that that random username they came across was you, and that what you stated on the forum was factual.

No way. There's no material risk. Stop being so paranoid.

I'll ask my question again...

Who has had, or knows someone who has had their car cloned giving them a world of pain as a result?

My best mate step dad was constantly getting speeding tickets from a cloned car!

Lol, funny though as he is a total cnut.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
PMSLOL ^^^

Serious question...

How many people can genuinely say they know someone who's had their car identity cloned, which then got them in a pile of s**te they had difficulty getting out of?

My old Saxo was the getaway car during an armed robbery in London, even though it was sat in my work's car park all day in Glasgow !!!
Cops had to check with my work and review the car park security cameras to prove my innocence :rolleyes:

You didn't have too much difficulty getting out of it then? Or did an ARV turn up, fire sixty warning shots in the air, before throwing a few flash-bangs through the windows?

Banana
PMSLOL ^^^

You didn't have too much difficulty getting out of it then? Or did an ARV turn up, fire sixty warning shots in the air, before throwing a few flash-bangs through the windows?

Lol, It was more of a fright than anything else as they came to my house that night, caught me totally unaware. They knew it wasnt me and told me not to worry, but I still had to meet with them at work the next day. They told me the Saxo they used had Viper stripes (which mine didnt have) so I felt better after that :)

R

rich[182]

rich[182];2626785 said:
Cloning couldn't care less, however you can all laugh re. the dealers prying eyes but theres a few of us who have reg plates ascociated to forum usernames, lets say your clio goes in for some warranty work etc and dealer suspects for eg a remap or other mods, youve a www.cliosport.net sticker in window
All they have to do is register, search for plate, obtain username - takes 2 mins
Then search for username - obtain all posts - takes seconds
That user started a thread ".........remapped......"
Posted "had all this done blah blah blah remapped blah blah goes like the wind now" - takes 2 mins

Call from dealer - youve modded your engine - what warranty ? go f**k yourself

If I were a techy @ dealers & the above scenario came up, thats what Id do, its very very easy if plate is connected to username in text, dont need any photos

rubbish, most dealers dont give a toss about mods.... only time they wont do any warrenty work is when the mod has caused the problem. So in that sense, you shouldnt even be asking for warrenty work in the first place

Some owners are economical with the truth when it comes to declaring mods to their insurance companies so I wouldn't expect them to take the moral highground in not making a claim if it were gonna save some pennies, mods or no mods, especially when it's clear that many have a low opinion of the dealers anyway

RS Clio 200
rich[182];2629205 said:

Some owners are economical with the truth when it comes to declaring mods to their insurance companies so I wouldn't expect them to take the moral highground in not making a claim if it were gonna save some pennies, mods or no mods, especially when it's clear that many have a low opinion of the dealers anyway

Whats the point? if they find you havent told them about something they can easily just not pay out... not beneficial to be "economical"

Valver
Tbh I know someone who had their car cloned... granted they could go down the street and start taking pictures, but why bother if they are already all over the web...