ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Potential bogus RS192 exhausts for sale on Facebook - Buyer beware

Clio Trophy / 182 FF
Just a quick post to say that someone on Facebook is selling RS192 exhausts for £200 each due to water damage, great deal, however not sure it is legit, the FB page will be updated here -

Just a heads up in case you see it and are tempted, buyer beware, may be legit but vendor has not offered any proof.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Just a quick post to say that someone on Facebook is selling RS192 exhausts for £200 each due to water damage, great deal, however not sure it is legit, the FB page will be updated here -

Just a heads up in case you see it and are tempted, buyer beware, may be legit but vendor has not offered any proof.

Cheers dude.

I did spot this earlier and I've asked the mods to keep an eye out for any adverts popping up on here :up:

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Just seen this also.

Screen Shot 2016-02-08 at 19.08.47.png

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Also if anyone buys this make sure it has the new flexi centre section as the old one breaks really quickly around the joins and it is possible Scorpion wont warranty these insurance write offs.

Mariusz

ClioSport Club Member
  Silver 182 FF
Potential bargain if it is true. Definitely tempted, still got an original Renault exhaust on mine that has seen better days. If you could order and pay on credit card you'd be protected.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
he was also advertising pug 106 systems on facebook, pugsports etc.

182 ff

I contacted the company,they said the exhausts have been under a foot of water..they have unpacked them,and dried them out the best they can....you cant return them.. I might offer £150 for one ha

182 ff
Seems a bit odd, would they not just dry out and be as good as new ?
if they claim on the insurance.. everyone they sell is more profit, Isn't it?..they can just say they have gone in the skip..i am only 30 miles away from them,i might pop down ,says on the website,by appointment only ,I think its just a lock up..storage place....if I am buying one,rather see the goods 1st...

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Sure this is legit.
Mark Yates is the director at Whybee who sell the RS192 (I've spoken to him some years ago now). If worried you could contact him directly - mark @ whybee . co . uk

182 ff
Sure this is legit.
Mark Yates is the director at Whybee who sell the RS192 (I've spoken to him some years ago now). If worried you could contact him directly - mark @ whybee . co . uk
Sure this is legit.
The moderator on the facebook page verified they were legit yesterday. Great bargain. I think they might be all sold now.
if mark zuckerburg has bought one, I might get one...

182 ff
haha, not the facebook guy, but the moderator of the cliosport owners club on facebook.
I know,i just contacted Zuckerberg, he said due to his business doing well,he will buy a none water damaged new exhaust.. but he would be interested in any water damaged wet suits, to save money...

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
surely loads of dirty water getting inside the system and nto the baffles cant be good for them??

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
A rinse thru in both directions prior to installation will clear any crap/silt. As for damage, exhaust are a naturally damp environment with condensation, and dry very quickly after running for a few mins, so baffle materials should have no issues with some water being in them.

Clio Trophy / 182 FF
Offer is totally legit. Had confirmation as KLM has - total bargain.

Hi, yes it is 100% genuine advert, they are our flooded stock

we are the exclusive distributor for the RS192 system

They are being sold off as salvage while stocks last, we sold 10 last week and only a few left as a bargain deal!

Kind Regards,
Mark Yates
Sales Director

e: mark@whybee.co.uk

WHYBEE_MASTER-logo
Whybee Limited
Gaghills Mill, Waterfoot

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
surely loads of dirty water getting inside the system and nto the baffles cant be good for them??

Yeah it's not just water, it's flood water. And that'll be full of mud, silt, all the dust and crap picked up from the warehouse floor etc.

I presume you're talking about packing rather than baffles, but as above it shouldn't be overly troubled if you give it a good wash out. Won't be any worse than the s**t the engine kicks out.