ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power Increase?

BMW E46 330i Touring
I don't usually ask these questions, as I know that significant power increases are very difficult without spending large wads of cash, but I'm just curious really...

Ph1 172, with Viper Induction Kit and cold air feed and matched inlet manifold: what kind of power increase am I looking at?

And then... what kind of extra increase if I fitted a cat back system and got a remap? Worthwhile doing these two extra mods now that I'm getting the inlet matched?

What have other people found with these mods?

Ta :)

172 cup'd extreme
With the inlet manifold gains are to be had but it depends on how good or bad your casting is, if ben is doing it then its going to be perfect and your going to get a slight increase.
im not one for power figures as i dont belive in them or dodgy rolling roads but with a decent cat back, angelworks inlet rstuning or chipwizards remap, viper and decat you will notice a moderate increase in both accerleration and drivability.
To make a significant increase in performace, somthing that you can really notice you need to start saving 3-4k will get you a 'decent' performance increase with this engine

Ads_172 said:
I don't usually ask these questions, as I know that significant power increases are very difficult without spending large wads of cash, but I'm just curious really...

Ph1 172, with Viper Induction Kit and cold air feed and matched inlet manifold: what kind of power increase am I looking at?

And then... what kind of extra increase if I fitted a cat back system and got a remap? Worthwhile doing these two extra mods now that I'm getting the inlet matched?

What have other people found with these mods?

Ta :)

defo go for it

BMW E46 330i Touring
I'm not really fussed in serious performance gains, just making the car a bit more 'drivable' through the range.

I'm buying Danlp6's bottom end off of him, which he ported, and his certainly was a quick one. I think I'll see how it feels when that's fitted and then take it from there...

80MPG BEEZA
well i'm going down the same path i have a viper and a cat back, upgrading my brakes this week then sending my inlets off to be matched near the end of the month

I'm gonna get the inlets matched and a remap done at some stage. Already have cat back, sports cat and itg panel filter. I intend to have it rolling road tested before and after the inlets and remap are done - just out of interest really, and to get an idea of how well the inlets were matched originally (I don't expect to see massive gains)

Inlet manifold matching (circu £170 right), remap, exhaust systems ain't that expensive. We're not talking cams here.

He just wants to know the increase gained from the mod's described (as would I) not how to get the most possible out of the engine.

Someone make an educated guess please!:D

Ads_172 said:
I'm not really fussed in serious performance gains, just making the car a bit more 'drivable' through the range.

I'm buying Danlp6's bottom end off of him, which he ported, and his certainly was a quick one. I think I'll see how it feels when that's fitted and then take it from there...

ported bottom end?

You'll want to double check that.

Leon Cupra 300
im going to get inlets and remap... once the inlets are ready!!!

gotta be worth it, 400 quid or so

BMW E46 330i Touring
Sorry mate, not bottom end, just bottom part of the manifold, as far as I can understand! (Not something I know huge amounts about...)

As I say, I'm not looking to get loads out of the engine, it's just something that's available for a reasonable price that I may as well do.

I'm just wondering whether it's worth the relatively small outlay on a remap and exhaust system, say £600 for the improved power / performance? I don't want to spend £,000's on complete engine mods, nor do I want NOS and nor do I want to spend loads buying a different car that's even more expensive to run and insure...

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
^^ Sounds like a good plan, you have the same idea as me!

I have zorst, decat, panel filter, rstuning remap, looking at getting inlets done from BenR.

Then perhaps breaks, coilovers but I don't track it atm so may not bother with the them.