ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power Steering fluid top up

ph1 172...a red one
Guys, noticed that the level in my reservoir was very low, went to Halfords for what i assumed was a 'just' a bottle of the stuff. Read the back of the bottle, with basically said it was a General Motors spec fluid that should suit most vehicles, but do not use for Fords or vehicles which need blah blah type of fluid (yeah i know, cant remember the description). Er so i didn't buy it.

What type/make of fluid can i use?!?! Cheers

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Anyone? Just wondering as the cup could do with some and while its a bank holiday, seems like the best time to get it.

Thanks
Donny

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Haynes manual says use " Elf Renaultmatic D2 " which i assume you would get from the dealership or " Dexron II ATF " .

With the engine off and the cap off the power steering reservoir turn the wheel from lock to lock a couple of times , then with the engine on do it again , slowly from lock to lock to get rid of any air in the system before and after you top it up .

Sounds like the fluid you bought should be okay , or it would say " not for use " in Renaults etc ....

Last edited: