ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power steering leaking/broken after track day! Clio Sport 182

106 1.5 diesel
Hi everyone, this is my second ever post in the forum, as I'm new to both the forum and Clios!

Okay, so I took the clio to Cadwell Park yesterday, ended up boiling the power steering fluid (common fault apparently)... The steering went very heavy, but when it cooled down it was fine for a little bit but did it again... Let it cool, was fine, did it again... The day went on until the last lap I was doing on the track day... There was a very strong smell of burning power steering fluid in the car, and the steering went impossibly heavy, so I limped off the track and went in search of some power steering fluid... I assumed it had just boiled it away, but as I poured it in, it came out the bottom of the engine bay, drivers side, as fast as I could pour it in... Soooo, can anyone tell me what's happened?! The fluid definitely boiled the first few times, because the level remained the same... Burst pipe due to the excess heat maybe?

Any help will be appreciated.

​Ben