ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power Tool Perverts

I've bought my first impact wrench and see what all fuss is with these red ones, got a voucher from work (as left to start new job) so cost me £80 for Milwaukee M12FIW38-202B

s-l600.jpg

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
The M12 gear is awesome… I have a mix of both m12 and m18 for building trades and I mostly pick up my m12 during the day, it’s lighter, less aggressive and isn’t trying to break my wrists or destroy materials.

i think people buy bigger because they’re size queens.. you only need it if you need it. 12v for most drilling, impact guns, screw guns, 18v for stop hammerconcrete drilling, recip saws, circ saws etc.

Then I have dewalt 54v for my mixer, lights and any larger saws I buy in the future.
M12 or similar is the line I’d recommend to everyone..

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Which jet wash would you guys recommend these days? I hear a lot of bad reviews of the Kärcher washers.
I'd be mostly using it for washing the driveway and cleaning the car.
Budget is anything under £500

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Air cooled though, my old one (admittedly a Karcher) was air cooled and overheated all the time.

Upgraded to the water cooled one and it's not overheated once.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Spend more and get an E145

Had mine for 5/6 years and its have zero issues. Ran it for about 5 hours a few weeks ago doing stuff round the outside of thr house and never missed a beat.

Stuflac

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
If you can see past the fact these aren't coloured red, is this a decent deal?

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
It’s an ok set, older models though and they can be had separately with better batteries found elsewhere around the same price. It was actuallt £250 about a week ago with a code on tool station. Have a look at when I was posted to hot uk deals

Stuflac

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
It’s an ok set, older models though and they can be had separately with better batteries found elsewhere around the same price. It was actuallt £250 about a week ago with a code on tool station. Have a look at when I was posted to hot uk deals
How do you tell the difference between new and old models? Just the codes of the tools?

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
What nail gun should I go for? General woodwork, got to insulate under the floorboards so need to batten everything.

do I need gas or can I get away with a battery one?

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I just bought a dewalt dcn692. It’s battery powered, first fix. Honestly great. So powerful and doesn’t seem to use much battery at all. Recommend it

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
Yeah, think I need 1st fix, 50mm nails won’t be big enough I don’t think. Cheers though. I’ve got Milwaukee and Makita batts atm but looks like I’ll be adding a dewalt one too

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
After a bit of research I bought a barely used Hikoki 1st fix with 2 batteries for £380 on ebay, they retail about £480. Was surprised how powerful it is being battery.

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Bought the brushless screwdriver the other week and was impressed so grabbed the matching brushless 3/8th gun. Got a free butane soldering iron too which was a nice touch!

Screenshot 2022-06-21 at 08.46.05.png

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
What drill bit set would you guys recommend? So many mixed reviews on them. Wanting a full set that covers everything

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
The Bosch blue masonry bits are decent… not only do I use them on brick etc, when new they’re wicked for drilling into some tile..

Drill bits don’t really last, they’re a consumable and get trashed.. don’t loan them out, they just come back burnt out and wrecked.

I’ve found the cheap gold ones are often better than the hss ones.