ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power Tool Perverts

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
You f***s.

Started looking at M12, oh that’s a nice thing, add that.

Oooo I want that, oh it’s M18, f**k I need that too.

Sod having two lots of everything!!
To be fair most of my stuff is m18 ive only got a 3/8 ratchet, 3/8 stubby gun and tyre inflator in m12

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Whilst were on the subject. Where does everyone store their tools? Is there a better way of actually having them stored 😫

Mine have resided in my rollcab for the past however long but I'm slowly running out of space and the circular saw doesn't fit😂

20220321_164812.jpg
20220321_164829.jpg
20220321_164849.jpg

Yes that's right, I have a Makita holesaw set, they were only £10 😂

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
Whilst were on the subject. Where does everyone store their tools? Is there a better way of actually having them stored 😫

Mine have resided in my rollcab for the past however long but I'm slowly running out of space and the circular saw doesn't fit😂

View attachment 1585097View attachment 1585098View attachment 1585099

Yes that's right, I have a Makita holesaw set, they were only £10 😂
Chucked on a shelf in the back of the van got a spare 1/2 ugga dugga under the passenger seat and got 3 boxes on the floor 1 with the 3/4 ugga dugga, 1 with drill and impact driver and the other with another 1/2" gun and my 3/8 stuff. Got the same hole saw set too🙈

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Chucked on a shelf in the back of the van got a spare 1/2 ugga dugga under the passenger seat and got 3 boxes on the floor 1 with the 3/4 ugga dugga, 1 with drill and impact driver and the other with another 1/2" gun and my 3/8 stuff. Got the same hole saw set too🙈
So no better than where my shite is then 😂

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I've got those makita bits.
Although I keep them in a small biscuit tin not loose.

Mk1 1.8 16V Turbo

Milwaukee Packout, we have each one set out with different tools inside and labeled up so you know what to grab for each job in hand

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone got a sniff of a new high torque m18 yet? Not looked for a while.

I’ve a feeling there must be one due soon due to the new mid torque appearing a while back.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
As per @Hamburglar's request, I jumped on the Milwaukee bandwagon last night. I've had the basket ready for ages, ever since using my uncle's stuff when I got the Clio. Should all arrive tomorrow.

Ordered in M18:

FUEL drill and impact driver with 2 x 5aH batteries in the set they do
Boggo grinder
FUEL impact wrench
Spot light + 2aH battery

And in M12:

Long reach 3/8" ratchet
Light stick
2 x 2aH batteries

I also ordered the matching bag and a set of impact bits.

I do however need a nice set of impact sockets, my big set is missing at least 16mm and 18mm which are the two I need, looking at this (£40 on trade) as I'd like the extensions too: https://www.halfords.com/tools/hand...in-impact-socket-set-modular-tray-332950.html

Or is there anything better out there?

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
As per @Hamburglar's request, I jumped on the Milwaukee bandwagon last night. I've had the basket ready for ages, ever since using my uncle's stuff when I got the Clio. Should all arrive tomorrow.

Ordered in M18:

FUEL drill and impact driver with 2 x 5aH batteries in the set they do
Boggo grinder
FUEL impact wrench
Spot light + 2aH battery

And in M12:

Long reach 3/8" ratchet
Light stick
2 x 2aH batteries

I also ordered the matching bag and a set of impact bits.

I do however need a nice set of impact sockets, my big set is missing at least 16mm and 18mm which are the two I need, looking at this (£40 on trade) as I'd like the extensions too: https://www.halfords.com/tools/hand-tools/modular-trays/halfords-advanced-22-piece-1/2in-impact-socket-set-modular-tray-332950.html

Or is there anything better out there?

That impact set looks spot on for the money. Given the guarantee on Halfords stuff it's a no brainer at that price.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Giving it a test out. Decided to put a new gable end on the garage as the old one was shagged and I've got a few hours to myself🤣

Before, not the best pics. Can see how much daylight is coming through though

20210627_163918.jpg

During

20220518_105703.jpg
20220518_113835.jpg
20220518_120647.jpg

After

20220518_125820.jpg

All the timber was free, winner🤣 #YorkshireSpec

Only 2 hours work but it saves so much time having cordless tools. There's absolutely no way I'll be getting anything corded again unless it's something like a breaker or my mitre saw. I ain't got the minerals or need for a cordless table/mitre saw yet, plus this one was already £300+🤣

20220518_130259.jpg

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
M12 right angle die grinders

Worth it? @Touring_Rob what attachments and where do you get all your stuff?
Yes I like it a lot. Worth it especially if you need to dress welds. Grind small rust patches, shape something. Much more controlled than an angle grinder but obviously not as good at removing large amounts of material like a proper ugg grinder is.

I bought a knock off 3M roloc arbour, a bug bag of green abrasive pads, carbide loaded soft pads (great for finishing) and some mini flappy pads which are mint.

Would be a pain without the roloc because you can swap pads on seconds.

Happy I bought it. In France at the min, will send links for stuff when I get back.

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
Anyone recommend a Milwaukee SDS and if so which one and is it decent?

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182

This looks a decent idea just need Milwaukee to make it now.