ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power Tool Perverts

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
Building steel workshops just now and got pissed off with my old milwaukee drill had lots of abuse and out of warranty so bought this got 4x high output 3ah batteries suposed to be on par if not better than the 5ah so we see what like
IMG_20210923_080645.jpg

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
It will probably get covered in engine oil grease hydraulic oil and any other shite that i subject it too🤣🤣🤣

All good then 😂

They need to look at making the chucks better, i'm sure they must have had enough feedback now to warrant a redesign.

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
All good then 😂

They need to look at making the chucks better, i'm sure they must have had enough feedback now to warrant a redesign.
Yeah the drill chucks are crap you used to get away with putting makita chucks on but then they changed the thread size on the milwaukee

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
So been using both today probably rattled in 1500 70mm long sheeting screws into 10x3 purling boards as well as 200 6x80mm self tappers into same boards used 1 battery till was empty then swapped the battery out the drill and that finished the job and still had life in it.

Oh and the new style box that it comes in is A LOT more substantial than the old ones

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
How many different ones have they got? is it just the two in the M18? TBH I thought the one in the link was the normal circular saw just with a dust collecting box on the side? Confused.
There's about 6 different types of standard M18 circular saws and then they have metal specific ones like you linked and I think there's 3 or 4 of them🤣

All different size of blades though

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I don't think I'd ever buy a cordless chopsaw

What's the point when they need to be on a bench anyway, it's not as if you need portability 🤣
I could imagine a cordless one being handy if you were onsite or turning up somewhere to do fairly quick jobs and didn't want to run extension lead into someone's house etc. but other than that yea, benches normally have sockets

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
How many different ones have they got? is it just the two in the M18? TBH I thought the one in the link was the normal circular saw just with a dust collecting box on the side? Confused.
I've got the rear handled version where the battery is plugged in the centre of the saw.

I'd say its good but I have literally done 1 chop with it.

Looks f**king sexy though.

Screenshot_20210927_165255_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Makita radio‘s are just superb! we’ve had our one at work for over 10 years, used 8 hours a day, 5 days a week and it’s still going strong and sounding good.

PTM are decent
the confirmation email mentions a case.

How come you went percussion and not combi drill?
same thing if I'm not mistaken? Milwaukee refer to it as a percussion drill.

I think this willjust be ok for mounting some blinds? (I joke, also renovating the house soon, may also move my car when it has no fuel)
- RPM: 0-550/0-2,000
- BPM: 32,000
- Torque: 135Nm

Last edited:

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
the confirmation email mentions a case.

same thing if I'm not mistaken? Milwaukee refer to it as a percussion drill.

I think this willjust be ok for mounting some blinds? (I joke, also renovating the house soon, may also move my car when it has no fuel)
- RPM: 0-550/0-2,000
- BPM: 32,000
- Torque: 135Nm

Apologies.
I thought when I looked at the picture it was a dedicated percussion drill but upon close look can see the adjustment in torque settings etc.