ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power Tool Perverts

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
this arrives tomorrow, i do have a clarkes one but i need bigger

new planer is awesome

mdLxU2.jpg

7HAZ3b.jpg

soq4HT.jpg

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone got one of the cheap (£180-£200) hand held induction heaters?

Wondering if they’re any good considering the huge price of the remote wand ones.

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
Got this yesterday. 36v 230mm angle grinder.

It feels fairly well made but the battery location is properly stupid. Having the two batteries as they are makes the back of it too wide to move around.

When I use a grinder I like to keep it fairly close to control any kickback and cut a better line but this is just unusable in such a way. Can only really be used at full arm length which I don't really like for a 9" grinder.

Seems a really poor design from Makita on this. Definitely been designed by someone for a single task and not really thinking about the constant use of it.

IMG_20211219_160348.jpg
IMG_20211219_160405.jpg

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
Got this yesterday. 36v 230mm angle grinder.

It feels fairly well made but the battery location is properly stupid. Having the two batteries as they are makes the back of it too wide to move around.

When I use a grinder I like to keep it fairly close to control any kickback and cut a better line but this is just unusable in such a way. Can only really be used at full arm length which I don't really like for a 9" grinder.

Seems a really poor design from Makita on this. Definitely been designed by someone for a single task and not really thinking about the constant use of it.

View attachment 1571202View attachment 1571201
That looks proper clumsy like

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Anyone got one of the cheap (£180-£200) hand held induction heaters?

Wondering if they’re any good considering the huge price of the remote wand ones.

Yeah I got one from aliexpress. I've used it twice.

First time was to test it when it arrived.
Second time was just to show a mate.

😂😂

They are decent, and obviously without flame you don't have any kind of worry where you use it. You gotta be able to get the bolt inside the coil, otherwise it does f**k all.

So there's still a job for flame.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Just got my dad this for xmas because I'm loving mine:

Except I'm pissed off with myself - after I bought it I remembered that he had mentioned one of those under car jetwash trolley things and never bought himself one.... they are like £40! Could have saved myself a literal ton. Bellend.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Just got my dad this for xmas because I'm loving mine:

Except I'm pissed off with myself - after I bought it I remembered that he had mentioned one of those under car jetwash trolley things and never bought himself one.... they are like £40! Could have saved myself a literal ton. Bellend.
Sack your dad off and dual wield the philadorkies

(yes I said sack not suck before you get a bit of pre-man juice seeping out of your meat flute)

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Well the old Milwaukee ratchet didn’t last long.

Last job of the year she shat herself, the manual side is still strong but pull the trigger and it just slips. My work mate said his did it and he was going to send it back and it magically self healed. Said it still does it now and then.

Bit annoying as they’re handy. I haven’t even used it much as I’ve been MOT’ing most of the time last few weeks. Prob only the 7 or 8th time I’ve used it. Just my luck.

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, it’s weird. I did google it after the post and it does seem to be a ‘thing’

You know if you put it on a tight bolt and pull the trigger it just locks up (as it would if the fastener was too tight) well now it just slips. Appears to be a little pin that turns in a circular motion that drives the ratchet head, I’m guessing that is slipping past where it should be interacting. Manual ratchet motion is still fine but break a bolts loose, pull the trigger and now it just slips between the drive and the head.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Makita fan here, but only because when we first bought our house about 11 years ago I picked up a drill set with charger and 2 batteries. I've since added a 1/4 impact driver, and more recently a 1/2 impact wrench and grinder.

So far the impact gun has handled everything I've thrown at it, it been used to strip this in the last couple of weekends. With a 5ah battery on it seems to last forever too.

IMG_20211211_123455069.jpg

IMG_20211219_130316790.jpg

IMG_20211219_130322592.jpg

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Makita fan here, but only because when we first bought our house about 11 years ago I picked up a drill set with charger and 2 batteries. I've since added a 1/4 impact driver, and more recently a 1/2 impact wrench and grinder.

So far the impact gun has handled everything I've thrown at it, it been used to strip this in the last couple of weekends. With a 5ah battery on it seems to last forever too.

View attachment 1571816
View attachment 1571817
View attachment 1571815

Probably didn’t even need tools to get a mini to that state of undress. 😅

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Seeing this thread just reminded me the mechanic said he'd lost a Milwaukee screwdriver and it could be in my car somewhere. I doubt it but I'll have a look next week, keep and eye on the for sale section! 🤣

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Been using my mates battery ratchet yesterday and absolutely need one. Ive been looking at the milwankee fuel long reach one but not sure if it will be too big for what i need. Says 383mm i assume thats full length without the batt.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I find the little ugger is man enough for pretty much everything, had to use a breaker bar on a really stubborn bolt recently and was mugging the M12 impact off all afternoon, f**king pussy.

Thats is something on the buy list tho, a snap on breaker bar and some of their lever things

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
I find the little ugger is man enough for pretty much everything, had to use a breaker bar on a really stubborn bolt recently and was mugging the M12 impact off all afternoon, f**king pussy.

Thats is something on the buy list tho, a snap on breaker bar and some of their lever things

These are pretty much the only snap on thing I own 😅

Really good for removing awkward clips on cars though.

PXL_20210119_143443722.jpg