ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power Tool Perverts

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Just finished fitting a couple of the chargers on the wall in my new garage at work. Gone for a proper install of them, the 3d printer is currently printing me some brackets to prevent upwards movement when putting batteries in them.

Gave me chance to try out the drinkstonkpee soldering iron too which is mega. Gets to temp nice and quick and using the 6amp battery means it holds itself upright too.

IMG_20211214_150959.jpg
IMG_20211214_151004.jpg
IMG_20211214_142921.jpg

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Come aaaawn… I’m into Milwaukee for the poke vs price but they don’t hold a candle to any snap on tools as far as feel, finish and longevity goes!

We’ve got a lot of Milwaukee & snap on between us at work and the Milwaukee looks absolutely battered despite being much younger. It’s DIY stuff really let’s be honest. Every snap on battery still fits tight and strong (even after more than 12 years hard use in one case) yet the Milwaukee M18 stuff flops around like a saggy arse and the 6ah m12 battery attachment is way too weak for the size and they’re all relatively new.

Yes £ for £ Milwaukee pee’s on snap on for power output but it’s not made well for busy pro use (but I get that it can’t be for the cheap price)

Milwaukee is cheap and powerful but let’s not pretend it’s anything more.

Must suck to be a Milwaukee fan boy now even Makita pee’s on it for power and yet does it with better quality and that cool blue colour too (prod prod haha)

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
Come aaaawn… I’m into Milwaukee for the poke vs price but they don’t hold a candle to any snap on tools as far as feel, finish and longevity goes!

We’ve got a lot of Milwaukee & snap on between us at work and the Milwaukee looks absolutely battered despite being much younger. It’s DIY stuff really let’s be honest. Every snap on battery still fits tight and strong (even after more than 12 years hard use in one case) yet the Milwaukee M18 stuff flops around like a saggy arse and the 6ah m12 battery attachment is way too weak for the size and they’re all relatively new.

Yes £ for £ Milwaukee pee’s on snap on for power output but it’s not made well for busy pro use (but I get that it can’t be for the cheap price)

Must suck to be a Milwaukee fan boy now even Makita pee’s on it for power and yet does it with better quality and that cool blue colour too (prod prod haha)
200.gif

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Agreed, it's just red ryobi.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182

200.gif

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
@jameswrx is deffo the sort of bloke that goes into work, makes brews for the office staff, then turns around at dinnertime and goes

"Been f**king busy hasn't it lads"

And nobody replies, because they all know he's done jack shite all morning apart from flick through Facebook stalking his 18 year old nieces Facebook friends👀🤣

But then again, me and my DIY tools would never know because I'm just a desk jockey that gets to sit in a lovely warm office in the winter and lovely cool in the summer👀🥵😉😉

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
@jameswrx is deffo the sort of bloke that goes into work, makes brews for the office staff, then turns around at dinnertime and goes

And nobody replies, because they all know he's done jack shite all morning apart from flick through Facebook stalking his 18 year old nieces Facebook friends👀🤣

But then again, me and my DIY tools would never know because I'm just a desk jockey that gets to sit in a lovely warm office in the winter and lovely cool in the summer👀🥵😉😉
As somebody who has spent all day out in the pissing rain tracing a wiring fault on a digger 20min by quad indto the hills and up to my shins in boggy peaty shite i can humbly say go take a flying f**k you f**king cunting c**ty c**t c**t f**k f**k in your warm cunting c**t of an office and i hope your next shites a hedgehog, but i did have my 3/4 milwaukee ugga dugga with me so i was in my happy place

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member

Should be at my advanced age (and prev having left the trade after being mobile for years on fleet & lorries). Somehow now find myself running someone else’s show whilst still being flat out in the workshop at the same time. This time 3 years ago I was leaving the trade!

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
That's the reaction I was expecting🤣🤣

Tbh I'd love to work on heavy s**t, it suits my nature of being a fat handed c**t. Hence why I'm great at breaking cars, they come apart quickly in my possession

20210923_163229.jpg

A few hours later

20211007_174307.jpg

The next day🤣🤣

20211008_174946.jpg

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Dont understand this, makita highest impact gun does 1600nm nut busting milwaukees is 1900nm.

Where's your data from lol

torque test channel.

Did see the latest 1/2” snap on was king of power again but my dealer won’t be stocking them until he’s managed to shift all the current shitters. No idea how he sells any snap on as everyone is going Milwaukee due to the price we can get them for in the centre isle at Aldi.

He blamed me for writing Milwaukee in the dirt on the back of his truck last week!

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
torque test channel.

Did see the latest 1/2” snap on was king of power again but my dealer won’t be stocking them until he’s managed to shift all the current shitters. No idea how he sells any snap on as everyone is going Milwaukee due to the price we can get them for in the centre isle at Aldi.

He blamed me for writing Milwaukee in the dirt on the back of his truck last week!
That Snap-on gun is probably 45x the price of a Milwaukee high torque and about 15x the weight by the looks of the c**t🤣🤣

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Tbh I do enough for them and help them save hundreds of thousands with what I do, so stripping a Renault every few months is brushed to one side🤣🤣
But still, yank commander pops over for a visit and see's a fucked Renault pushed into the corner - do they not say anything?

I say this because I have a stripped Ducati in my office, its been there for 2 years and work don't seem to like it much 🤷‍♂️

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
But still, yank commander pops over for a visit and see's a fucked Renault pushed into the corner - do they not say anything?

I say this because I have a stripped Ducati in my office, its been there for 2 years and work don't seem to like it much 🤷‍♂️
They're never here for long enough for anyone to get pissed off🤠🤠

I started stripping that 197 on the Thursday, then realised I had a new starter joining us on the Monday morning so got cracking🤣🤣 There wasn't a sign of a car had been there by the Saturday when I had the shell removed🤣

He still saw the pallets and pallets full of car parts I have stored here in his 2nd week and the lads all told him I'm a dodgy c**t so he needs to lock his car🤣 He properly believed them too, spastic c**t

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various

I started stripping that 197 on the Thursday, then realised I had a new starter joining us on the Monday morning so got cracking🤣🤣 There wasn't a sign of a car had been there by the Saturday when I had the shell removed🤣

He still saw the pallets and pallets full of car parts I have stored here in his 2nd week and the lads all told him I'm a dodgy c**t so he needs to lock his car🤣 He properly believed them too, spastic c**t
To be fair they aint wrong you are a dodgy c**t

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na

One look at you would make them believe that surely.
Bet he locks his lunch away out of sight as well

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not dodgy, I'd consider myself straight as an arrow🤣

I know some proper f**king dodgy c***s, the sort of people that will steal your teeth if they want them. And they'll make you pull them out yourself🤣

406 V6, Race Buggy
torque test channel.

Yep, box figures are bullshit tbfh. I haven't found anything better than the Makita's for impact guns. Their big 3/4 gun is a beast and peanuts £££'s wise too.
The new mid torque is lovely too, just bought one for my brother for xmas.

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
As somebody who has spent all day out in the pissing rain tracing a wiring fault on a digger 20min by quad indto the hills and up to my shins in boggy peaty shite
Was it one of you lot that had a fall off a quad a few months ago and had to do your lantra course.

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
Couldnt see f**k all with the weather yesterday was out in the hills between Taynuilt and kilchrennan
Shame! Spent a lot of time around there as my dad was an engineer working for Kames fish farming so had sites at bonawe and the trout farm oposit the hydro station on Loch awe.

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
Shame! Spent a lot of time around there as my dad was an engineer working for Kames fish farming so had sites at bonawe and the trout farm oposit the hydro station on Loch awe.
Got a machine in at the quarry at bonawe but it should be finished friday and 3 out the hill on the kilchrennan road still a w**k of a place and the people down there talk funny🤣🤣