ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power Tool Perverts

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Good choice on the dewalt. I have loads of dewalt kit that gets abused every day at work.
The combi is a monster for DIY!

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Quick q. When not using your tools for a a while do you remove the battery or leave it in the tool?

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I leave them out, apparently its bad for the battery if left in a while (I'm not sure what the time frame is!)

This is what I was thinking as there may be a bit of parasitic drain leaving them stuck in.

Just didn’t want to ruin the tools as they aren’t going to get much use over winter.

406 V6, Race Buggy
Imagine that, go to shoot someone and the clip falls out!

Wonder how well it fires when it keeps wobbling about in the handle anyway...

I bought myself two new 5ah makita batteries today just to upset the red boys. Fit nice and tight, you lot can keep your loose holes

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
In 7 years of ownership I've never thought crikey this feels loose!
Guess it depends how much you use them. My mate’s one isn’t half that age and it flops around like an old onion bag.

I’ve seen mechanics on YT using M18 with little cradles for the batteries with straps on to keep them tight.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I've also had countless snap on tools that are s**t and have the same power as an asthmatic dog with 1 lung

But then again most people with snap on tools can't form a sentence to post on a social media group👀🤣

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Bought a thing. Got a free thing with it. Will get another free thing too.

47839339-BA05-4527-B581-80F37304FF61.jpeg

Has red on the box so suck it losers.

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
I've also had countless snap on tools that are s**t and have the same power as an asthmatic dog with 1 lung

But then again most people with snap on tools can't form a sentence to post on a social media group👀🤣

Did you just take a swipe at the power of snap on tools because someone commented on a loose battery of Milwaukee???

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
Power tools

Snap on hand tools (or mine at least) are decent and sturdy, so they f**king should be for the price. But their power tools are f**king shambolic, they're worse than Ryobi
Good coz i was gona come down t bradford and beat you with my 1/2" breaker bar that ive had for nearly 20 years and see how s**t u think it is 🤣🤣

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
So when I posted last week about the loose Milwaukee batteries it was just a genuine observation. Nothing else wrong with it that I could see.

i had no idea it was actually a “thing” lol.
Never had any issues with the Snap On stuff. But then again, I’ve only used the 14.4v stuff and for it’s size it’s not skipped a beat yet… and it’s available in red. 😅

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
If Ryobi launched a new premium line of red tools, how many Milwaukee owners would have a heart attack?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
All of them.

Don't get me wrong ryobi aren't as nice as the other makes, for example this new grinder is a fair chunk heavier than the dewalt one I've used tons.
But the price reflects that and I can't justify the big boy prices.
The ugga dugga is surprisingly good when you put a proper battery on it.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
The Ryobi stuff is great for the price, a bloke I work with has a few bits and they're spot on for what he needs

Plus they do a LOT of tools, Milwaukee have only just started to do garden stuff whereas Makita and Ryobi are already tooled up to the eyeballs in that department

406 V6, Race Buggy
And the Snap On battery stuff is mainly rebranded chinese stuff that they use for the generic lines you see as most stores own brand.
Like their shitty welders too, terrible things.