ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powerflex dogbone mount - check it

2003 Clio 172
Hey gang,

Just a quick heads up.

I was having a world of pain with my engine manifold hitting the subframe again even though I had the powerflex dogbone mount in and brand new engine and gearbox mounts.

After much arsing about pulling the engine forwards, backwards, this and that.....I finally pulled the dogbone mount and low and behold, the powerflex bush had sheared. This is about 4 years old now but it was the original style (semi-circular split).

20170324_225418.jpg

Powerflex were cool in replacing it (lifetime warranty ftw) but they did advise that the design had changed to a quartered split to resist engine twist. See the new design

resize_image.jpeg

So just a wee note, if you are having issues with the dreaded Clio knock again, check this.

Might actually be prudent to check it anyway guys

Cheers
J

RB 182 Cup
Mine did exactly this at a track day after <1000 miles on the car.

They replaced it for free but it's not ideal! Luckily some french guys in the pit garage next door had just broken 2 whole 182's and had every single part in the back of a van. Gave me a standard dogbone for free!