ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pressure washer recommendations?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Hi all,

With the imminent fitment of an external tap and power socket to our house - I was after suggestions of a general purpose jet washer please?

It would be used 90% of the time for washing the cars, but also the occasional path/driveway sweep-over.

Is it just Karcher all-day every day, or are there any other recommendations?

Cheers.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I have a new nilfisk core 140 its mint tbf great bit or kit replaced my old one I had for about 9 years that was very reliable too.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I've got a karcher and it's rubbish. When it dies (or is killed) I'll replace it with a Nilfisk.
Same, I had a Karcher K2 which burned the motor out, replaced it with a secondhand motor but dud the same again. This time I binned it for a Nilfisk, forget which one but it has a fully metal pump and is 100 times better than the K2

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Buy one of these. You’ll never need to replace it, it will run for 10 hours straight with no issues, parts are easy to get, and they’re really really quiet, unlike the Karcher crap.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Kranzle all day long!

After more than 10 years of being a weekend warrior starting out with an £80 Karcher and moving up the PW ladder getting bigger and more expensive ending on a £300 Karcher which over the years personally lasted a shorter time the newer and more expensive they got. Most of the common brands use plastic parts within the system which fail almost every winter if you don't empty them or cover them over.

After years of endless repairs, I decided to just go all out and get a Kranzle K7 and have never looked back. They are expensive but the quality is what you are paying for. It's a professional unit so should see me fine being a weekend warrior. Many full-time users have had zero issues with these K7/K10 units.

May be outside the budget but you'll pay more in the long run with repairs or replacement units where as Kranzle will see you right.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Kranzle does indeed seem a very good one - but christ, they are expensive!

I get the viewpoint though - it's like people thinking a £300 desktop can prove worthwhile where I'd be suggesting £1,200+ at least. I think I'll give Karcher a wide-birth - my father-in-law has had issues with his in the past also. Maybe Nilfisk would be a good middle-ground starting point?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Kranzle does indeed seem a very good one - but christ, they are expensive!

I get the viewpoint though - it's like people thinking a £300 desktop can prove worthwhile where I'd be suggesting £1,200+ at least. I think I'll give Karcher a wide-birth - my father-in-law has had issues with his in the past also. Maybe Nilfisk would be a good middle-ground starting point?

Just get a Nilfisk. I’ve had my current one for about 5 years now and other than replacing a small rubber o ring on the Lance connector it’s been perfect and is still going strong. It gets used a lot and I’ve never once thought that I need to go and drop and absolute fortune on a Kranzle to wash my car once or twice a week.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Heres a curve ball for you.

If you have a garage and dont want the faff of pulling a machine in and out (I used to do it with a very bulky Karcher and it did my peanut in) then have a look at a Direct Hoses All Black 7 or 9. They have had mixed reviews and I think some of the earlier units suffered issues. Had mine coming up for a year now and its fantastic. Not failed once. I have set mine up nicely for winter now too. Flick the button on, pull the short gun out and youre away. Easy as that. Ive gone a step extra and ive hard lined a water hose from the tap across the garage and ive got a circuit system going for when I want to rinse with pure water. and yes, the mrs thinks im mental....

20210916_125544.jpg

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Heres a curve ball for you.

If you have a garage and dont want the faff of pulling a machine in and out (I used to do it with a very bulky Karcher and it did my peanut in) then have a look at a Direct Hoses All Black 7 or 9. They have had mixed reviews and I think some of the earlier units suffered issues. Had mine coming up for a year now and its fantastic. Not failed once. I have set mine up nicely for winter now too. Flick the button on, pull the short gun out and youre away. Easy as that. Ive gone a step extra and ive hard lined a water hose from the tap across the garage and ive got a circuit system going for when I want to rinse with pure water. and yes, the mrs thinks im mental....

View attachment 1562940
This simply wins the thread.

Respect for that and something I'd probably consider if I had a garage!

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
This simply wins the thread.

Respect for that and something I'd probably consider if I had a garage!
Appreciate that! It didnt happen overnight. Luckily for me, I have a very good friend who is a proper carpenter/builder and we came up with the system together. Basically, I made coffee and he made it 🤣

Honestly though, the set up in winter is a god send. Can foam and rinse the car in under 10 minutes including reeling the hose back up. Brilliant for a quick rinse imo :)

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Before going for the Kranzle I thought about doing this, throwing the body away and just wall mounting the pump hooked up to a water feed and separate filter.

R27, Deep Black
AVA of Norway all day!! Similar specs to the Kranzle K7 at a fraction of the price, 10 and 20 year warranty and self service..

I have the P60 and love it

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I think I've had my nilfisk for 11 years and only had to replace the o rings on the lance and hose connection to the unit itself.

Was 80 quid back in the day too.

Clio 182 full fat
Hi all,

With the imminent fitment of an external tap and power socket to our house - I was after suggestions of a general purpose jet washer please?

It would be used 90% of the time for washing the cars, but also the occasional path/driveway sweep-over.

Is it just Karcher all-day every day, or are there any other recommendations?

Cheers.
Sounds strange but if you buy either the lidl or aldi pressure washer it is actually a karcher I had one for years before buying the karcher 4 and they supply a couple of other Sabres with it .

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I think I've had my nilfisk for 11 years and only had to replace the o rings on the lance and hose connection to the unit itself.

Was 80 quid back in the day too.

I’ve had numerous nilfisk, all been reliable.

Until you try a Kranzle though you fail to appreciate how s**t they are. Night and day and that’s coming from someone who was very suspicious before buying one.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
If you’re not getting a Kranzle, then you should get a decent nilfisk.
Kranzle machines people only realise once they have one.
Nilfisk is probably fine for what you need and easier to find snowfoam connector etc.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Sounds strange but if you buy either the lidl or aldi pressure washer it is actually a karcher I had one for years before buying the karcher 4 and they supply a couple of other Sabres with it .
Lidls Parkside pressure washers used to be made by Karcher years ago. I'm not sure that's the case anymore. I've never heard that Aldis Workzone pressure washers were ever made by Karcher.
The good thing about Lidl and Aldi they both come with a 3 year warranty. So make sure you keep your receipt safe.