ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

prices on a few 1.6 16v engine bits.

ibiza cupra
a mate of mine`s sister has a clio 1.6 16v and the cam belt snapped whilst she was on the motorway. when it tryed to cut out, she decided to down gear it to try and keep it running. obviously never worked lol. it has also tryed to be started sevaral times after before the problem became known so it is probly safe to say that all the valves and guides are foooked. also there is a big crack in the exhuast minifold so my mate wants some prices if any one can help.
exhuast manifold
head and valves.
if you need anymore details then pm me and ill send them to you.
cheers all.

M

mini-valver

Got an exhaust manifold and a complete 1600 engine minus cams, head isn't standard but that can only be a good thing. Head was rebuilt about 6k ago!

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
if going for a rebuild.

top end wise you'll need something like:

head gasket
head set
inlet valves x8
exhaust valves x8
cam belt kit
oil and filter

don't think there's anything else. if you can source a head cheaper then doing a rebuild go that way, but bear in mind it would be wise to stick and new cambelt kit on and give it some new oil and a filter.

ibiza cupra
yeah will dofo need a cambelt kit as the old cambelt has snapped. i think he is looking for a second hand complete head.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
yeah will dofo need a cambelt kit as the old cambelt has snapped. i think he is looking for a second hand complete head.

should be able to find one, if you need any parts for it give me a quick call.