ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pro Evo 2010 F.A.O Scutch

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
There isn't actually a thread dedicated to peoples thoughts on this yet.

I hate to say it but it's been shiite so far, i've played a lot of it, even a tounament yesterday with mates and it's shockingly bad.

Some might say I haven't given it much of a chance and maybe it just takes more of *****ing about with the formations but after having a game of 2009 when I came in last night it's not up to scratch. :(

It's a sad day and I never thought it would come to it but it needs a serious overhaul, what a shame. :(

Oh yeah, fifa is actually worse! I'm not sure how but by god that game is bad.

Shiity thread but just had to convey my dissapointment!

The Beast MK4
How I felt last year mate, except I went out and bought Fifa for the first time in 13 years after it!

Agree with FIFA, what a steaming pile of turd it is.. Not played Pro Evo yet but was really hoping it was better. Last years one was great!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
You should actually stick with it, mate. There's quite a few folk who were disappointed at first and absolutely loving it now.

For me, it's just too robotic. The sounds annoy the hell out of me, and everything seems "on rails" and "scripted". They aren't using 360 degree dribbling, it's 16 point instead of 8, but even so.

I've only played it a little bit, but compared to Fifa it just wasn't in the same league. However, like I say, it needs time as the majority of people are saying it's the best Pro Evo game to date. It's just a shame that Fifa has evolved that bit more over the past couple of years. Even Fifa is struggling this year with the bugs and niggles, but underneath it all, the gameplay is still brilliant. Just a few things spoiling it.

Complete overhaul needed, IMO.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Scutch, going to keep giving it a go, but I said yesterday I wouldn't play another tournie on this one. Things might change.

I have read a few people say that it does get better after being crap to start with, i just hope i'm the same.

My only word for it at the moment is Clunky!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yup. Clunky is perfect. Everything seems so samey. I mean, you dribble forwards and everytime it's like the ball is on string to the players boot. Pass it to someone else... same animation. It's hard to alter that for every player, but it just gets annoying at times seeing the same thing.

The shooting is a lot better in PES, mind. Ball feels like it's travelling and you can really belt it.

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
Played both demo's as I do each year and found Fifa improved, but overall still poor. I think people see Fifa getting better and feel it's the better game, however I felt while it has improved it's still not right and doesn't feel right.

This version of PES I actually prefer to the ones from the past few years (since PES5) as it's back to being more like a sim than an arcade game. They have made it harder once again and it feels more like football than ice hockey now. My mates didn't like it at first as you cant just dribble past everyone anymore, but after a few games everyone was hooked.

Animations and sounds are a let down, but tbh I care more about how the game plays than looks and I thought it was a lot better than Fifa

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
PES, to me, has become far too arcade like. The sound effects, the robotic animations, the scripted pathways, the presentation... it all seems so "Coral Island" @ 50p a go. I'm a long term PES'er, too. I've had every installment since it's evolution (pun intended) and birth on the SNES. That was, until last year. Fifa more or less took the fun factor from PES and added in a simulation effect which completely ruined Pro Evolution for me. If Fifa hadn't arrived, or if they'd continued down the Actua Soccer-esque path from years ago, PES would still be right at the top of the footballing kingdom, looking down at wannabe attempts to steal it's crown. The fact that Fifa incorporated this simulation style into it's game ultimately killed my love for Pro Evo. Now I play that game and just think, "Cheap" and "Japanese" - not in a racist way, of course, but in an Arcady way with all the poor sound effects and bright colours, the lack of authenticity in many of the modes and refusal to completely re-design the game engine. It's a horrible feeling. If PES is ever to steal the crown back from Fifa, it needs an overhaul. Fifa doesn't need to change anything about the gameplay. All it needs to do is improve on several key factors; The AI, perhaps the graphics and commentary and of course the bugs - something which has destroyed the top floor of Fifa at the moment, but the foundations are still there, stronger than ever. It's once again in the best possible position for success in 2010.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yup. Clunky is perfect. Everything seems so samey. I mean, you dribble forwards and everytime it's like the ball is on string to the players boot. Pass it to someone else... same animation. It's hard to alter that for every player, but it just gets annoying at times seeing the same thing.

The shooting is a lot better in PES, mind. Ball feels like it's travelling and you can really belt it.
I have to say the shooting is fantastic in the game, it feels like you have really whacked the ball even when you don't score.

I'm fed up reading about fuccking chants, supporters and nets ect... It's these people who ahve fuccked the game imo. Konami startig to worry about licences and strips!
Fuccking goalkeeper gloves! Who really cares! It's never been about that for me!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Sadly, PS3 owners get to patch and download the Option File, whereas 360 owners are left with it all to do.

RS4
I had a crack at this on Friday night. Goal scoring has become way to easy but creating space is abit harder. I had a mess around game with a Real Madrid VS Barca, 7-6 was the final score! Reminds me of the PES6 days
Overall - I think the game gone a step backwards, they have tried to make the game more fun to play by making goals easier to score. I scored a 35 yarder with darren fletcher FFS. Dribbling has also become harder

Megane Trophy
I have mixed views.
Its certainly more realistic with the shooting and fact you cant run 50m round 6 players and score.
I find myself actually planning goals and runs now, especially with crosses as players dont highlight and the cross on the floor is where the balls heading so have to make player reach it.
Shame the "X" button tackle, and general response after pressing a button is slow which annoys the hell out of me.

I love it mainly for master league and thats proving good fun, on pro level im winning 1-0, 2-0 etc and even drawing which is good as before i was stuffing each team by 7 or 8 goals.

If the reaction time from button press to player movement, stop run, start run, move, pass, tackle was better then it would be unbeatable!

Loving the graphics and stadiums!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Although Fifa has battered PES in the reviews (quite convincingly, too), there are definite flaws in both games.

If they could combine forces, they could create one hell of a football game.

Audi S1
I used to be a Pro boy but last year Fifa done it for me.

I played both demo this year - Fifa still beats it.

I have all the other Pro's btw so I'm not bias

fifa is immense. Although im struggeling to score drilled shots, Its either finess shots or one-on-ones.

Also how hard is it to header lol

RS Clio 182
Although Fifa has battered PES in the reviews (quite convincingly, too), there are definite flaws in both games.

There is no way FIFA deserves all those 90+ review marks with all the bugs it has,even after the recent PS3 patch,my bro was playing manager mode yesterday - he was forced to simulate a match vs. Arsenal as it just crashed on the arena screen before the actual match EVERY time,then he looked at player stats and Fabregas has 22 goals in 15 games,7 red cards and 8 clean sheets! There was also many more bugs in the mode - i wouldnt touch that mode now,its a disgrace EA can release a game with all those bugs.

I actually gave FIFA a chance for a few weeks,(ive been a PES man since the first PSone game) but it just wasnt for me,i got bored with the matches,they followed a similar pattern - i know they improved the gameplay dramatically over the years,but i still ENJOY Pes much more,i dont get the same 'feeling' when scoring a goal in FIFA - i still think PES is by far the more entertaning football game despite its flaws,and im impressed by 2010,definatly an improvement from 09,plus the graphics blow FIFA out of the water.

And the icing on the cake is the Master League mode,which is now more in-depth,and compared to FIFA's bug-ridden manager mode,there is little competition as far as a solo player football game is concerned.

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
Played it quite a bit the past few days but just haven't got into it as much as i hoped, agree with the view that everything feels like it's on rails. Some of the animations are horrible and the mistakes keepers make are really terrible. The first goal i conceded was when Van Der Sar dived over a shot straight at him.

Megane Trophy
Has anyone succesfully downloaded and installed all the new kits?
I dont want to pay £13 for the pro evo version.

I downloaded them and followed the instructions, but ps3 couldnt find files!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Doesn't surprise me mate. I would rather play last years. :(

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
I'm really liking this version, on top player it's a lot harder than the past couple of versions, reminds me of PES5 the way the players close you down and the game speed.

TBH most of my mates usually hate PES when it first comes out as it feels like you're not quite in control, but playing this and the Fifa's each year PES is always the one we end up sticking with for some reason... until I genuinely think Fifa's better I'll stick with the flawed PES series lol

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
The more i play this the more i really start to hate it. I might have to do the unthinkable and just chop it in. :(