ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem... (toxic fume monitoring light) 1.2 16v Clio

Just driving to my mates house at normal speed.. not thrashing from cold or anything.. was turning into his street and an orange light came on the dash which in the manual says is "Preheating/electronic fault or water in the deisel warning light"... and then the car just cut out had to pull over and restart. Turned it back on and light had gone continued to drive home and about 5 minutes later same thing cut out and that light and another orange light came on which is "Toxic fume monotoring warning light" in the renault manual. Pulled over for 5 minutes then had car turned off... turned it back on and the "Toxic fume" light stayed on all the way home but the other light didnt come on.

Just got home 30 minutes ago.. so went back outside started car and see if it was still there.. and the light was still on.

Any ideas?

By the way the car in question is a 1.2 16v 2003 Clio. Only engine mods really are an induction kit and a full k tec exhaust system but they have been on there for around 2 years.

Also the car isnt a diesel and there definetely aint water in the tank.. beacause I filled it up around a week ago and its half full so surely would have happened before.

Cheers in advance

Daz

Exactly the same happened to mine, got the coils changed and its been fine since (touch woood), get it booked in at renault, and get your wallet ready!

tiTTy & SV650
most likely coil packs, renault really cant make / spec good ones, very common problem. change em yourself (4 of em), dont goto renault anyway. £30 each prob from reno + labour, half that from Euro car parts or similar.

Ok cheers for that Rory, but should I still book the car into renault so they can confirm that this is the problem. Then ill say ill get the parts and labour done elsewhere

www.renparts.co.uk
rory182 said:
most likely coil packs, renault really cant make / spec good ones, very common problem. change em yourself (4 of em), dont goto renault anyway. £30 each prob from reno + labour, half that from Euro car parts or similar.

Coils is common. Usually able to pick them up brand new on ebay cheap enough.