ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problems - Detailing and caught in the rain! what to do!?

Golf R32 & 172 CUP
I spent most of yesterday pc'ing the R32 and have got to the stage where i need to apply the sealent.

And the british weather takes a sudden turn it goes black and we are now having a massive downpoor, and the cars out with masking tape all over it :(

Where do i stand have i wasted all my time, ill have to wash it again now and then will i need to re-polish?

I am so fcuked off you wouldnt believe.
Pete

106 GTi
No need to repolish - wash, dry and wax or sealant.

I would be tempted to wash, dry, use a nice glaze and then seal.

Golf R32 & 172 CUP
well thats good news! though i dont have any glaze so will just seal it then wax it!

106 GTi
Rubber seals, unpainted plastics - though some products are fine if they get on them.

Golf R32 & 172 CUP
i just mask up to be on the safe side, only takes 10 mins theres not much unpainte plastic on the car really!

Managed to seal it today, looks really good and still got the nattys blue Wax to apply in the morning! Rich is there a technique to applying this, just look like nothing ive used wax wise before?

Cheers

Pete

Punto/Clio GTT
dont leave masking tape on out in the rain or itll bite into the paint and be a right b*****d to get off if left on for too long.

Golf R32 & 172 CUP
all ok i took it off after the rain and all was well it was actually dry, must be waterproof to a point! cant reccomend the Poorboys EX-P enough very easy on and off!

I know dave, may be off for longer still! starting to run out of things to do now :(