ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Probs been posted Real Road Going Cup Racer!

a thirsty one
what about gearbox rebuilds with a sequential box are they going to be every few thousand miles are can you get good reliability from them?

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
it depends how you drive the car it will be good for a long time if you don't drive it like the racing drivers do.

that actually seems fairly cheap compared with the RRP of a standard car; how much would it cost to retro-fit a sequential gearbox for starters?

is there a market for it though?!

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
gasp.gif
That would be immense

Clio Sport xxx
that actually seems fairly cheap compared with the RRP of a standard car; how much would it cost to retro-fit a sequential gearbox for starters?

These cars are not normal clio's with retro fit race parts... they are completely different cars altogether! About the only thing which is 'normal clio' about them is a few body panels. And yes i would say that is bloody cheap for what it is!!!

But OMG if they do actually go ahead with that it would be awsome!!!

Last edited:
  Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
It would outpace most supercars around a circuit/ b road with ease...

and break like one too.:rasp:

So for £24k, you get a gearbox, because from reading that article you dont get a heck of alot more, well less infact minus a cage and suspension and a bit more power.

You get - bucket seats, harness, cup paint and decals, speeline alloys with race tyres, air scoop, racing dash, race suspension fully set up, prob different exhaust and air filter and pretty much every part tweacked! so thats cheap

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
and break like one too.:rasp:

So for £24k, you get a gearbox, because from reading that article you dont get a heck of alot more, well less infact minus a cage and suspension and a bit more power.

You get - bucket seats, harness, cup paint and decals, speeline alloys with race tyres, air scoop, racing dash, race suspension fully set up, prob different exhaust and air filter and pretty much every part tweacked! so thats cheap

I was considering taking out my post as i dont know alot about the car. Left it in though to cause an argument. :p

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2

These cars are not normal clio's with retro fit race parts... they are completely different cars altogether! About the only thing which is 'normal clio' about them is a few body panels. And yes i would say that is bloody cheap for what it is!!!

If they do in fact weigh only 930 kgs I'd think you're right that these are not production cars that have been stripped, they're cars built for the purpose. Its too hard to take 300+ kilos out. If you want to lose that much its easier to start with a shell and not put everything you don't want in.

What people thinking about buying one would need to remember is that their value will fall like a rock. Five minutes after the MkIV Clio comes on the market they'll be worth nothing. They're race/rally cars.

Clio 172 cup
These things sounds amazing and look brilliant. The Brakes on them are MASSIVE.

If i had that kind of money to spend on a car i don't think i would buy one though (as much as i want one!!)

www.renparts.co.uk

If they do in fact weigh only 930 kgs I'd think you're right that these are not production cars that have been stripped, they're cars built for the purpose. Its too hard to take 300+ kilos out. If you want to lose that much its easier to start with a shell and not put everything you don't want in.

What people thinking about buying one would need to remember is that their value will fall like a rock. Five minutes after the MkIV Clio comes on the market they'll be worth nothing. They're race/rally cars.

Value wise your missing the point completely... If it loses 15k its hardly a great deal of money really.. Think how much a merc S class loses.

Clio Sport xxx

Your right they are built for the purpose, somewhere completely seperate from the production line (where exactly i cant remember), but i wouldnt even go as far to say as they start from a clio shell... they build a race spec seam welded chassis from scratch with the same(ish) footprint as a clio and build it up from there... throw on a few clio body panels and robert's your father's uncle!!

182 Cup, (2nd one)
now this is one car i am seriously considering:cool:.
It may solve the next car debate with the other half

How many miles will the box be good for ?
Depend how the cars driven plus if the ignition cut is enabled etc

£6k ish for the box.

There a market for road legal radicals and GT3 etc so I'd expect so possibly need to see tunned versions though maybe.
Wouldnt that be aimed at privateer rally teams?
As the cars would have to be road legal etc?
Possibly I'd imagive the cars gonna have to be either very much made more road spec or kept full racer and made kit car SVA style.
It would outpace most supercars around a circuit/ b road with ease...
Needs a whole different setup for B roads on track would keep with a GT3 RS realy on most circuits.
And a cage like that its no cheap cage that its FIA approved at what i think called level 1 ie it spaceframes the car.
A 182 cup car runs a 0-100 time similar to a 911 turbo...
IF you have the right gearbox on it.