ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project #69; Clio 182FF

RenaultSport 182FF
Ohh, and no there aren't any blue LED's in the car :lolup:
How tacky, I'm guessing Chris (BurnyC) removed them? Probably for the best :rasp: I'll ask him to see if he can shed any light on this.

Yeah strange about the finance, I remember Chris or his dad telling me about this, I think I must have read that post also.

RenaultSport 182FF
I've lost track on how slack I have become on this thread :dapprove:
I think I have tried to stay off of here due to looking for a new car, whenever i'm on this site the 'parts for sale' section is a bad influence!

Sorry if I have neglected the members expecting their updates :rasp:

All the best,
Andrew

RenaultSport 182FF
A couple more pictures from the Rug Doctor clean that I found! Looking at them I realised that I must have cleaned the interior and fitted the Recaro's during the time I had just come out of hospital from my operation.

I expect I will get some comments on the mess that is my hair, to be fair that's what it tends to look like when you've spend a couple of weeks in a hospital bed :D

IMG_3668_zps19276503.jpg

IMG_3669_zps6a898a28.jpg

Renault Sport Mats:

IMG_3670_zps2787197d.jpg

Daily Mats:

IMG_3671_zps6426cdbe.jpg

'Standard' lol:

IMG_3674_zps034c1558.jpg

Last edited:
  RenaultSport 182FF
The time has come to show the Recaro's...... despite them being in the car for god knows how long
Without further ado!!!

The frames were bought in from Capital Seating for just over £300,

I was a little disappointed with them as first time round I was sent 1 brand new and 1 used, both were damaged and for £300 not what I would expect.
I rang them up and sent them over some pictures, they agreed to swap them for me as they agreed that it wan't acceptable.

Replacement parts were not in stock so I was informed that they would be 3 weeks.... Sigh
I did't really have a choice other than to wait the 3 weeks.

The replacement parts that were sent weren't perfect as they both had scuffs on them however they were just about hidden so I could live with that,
I really think that they need to sort out their packaging or even quality control as it could be a lot better evidently!

I found it rather hard to get compensation out of them however reluctantly they did in the end compromise 1 Recaro seat cover :lolup:
S0693153_zps1bfc700f.jpg

Along came the Plastidip and Isopropyl alcohol
S0963182_zpsc14e6c96.jpg

Managed to utilise one of the plant ornaments in the garden along with some hanging hooks from work.

Before:
S0893175_zps61bd6feb.jpg

S0903176_zps79146302.jpg

After:
S0943180_zps68b8aed1.jpg

S0953181_zps6e455ffa.jpg

Fitting the frames to the seats:
S0973183_zpsed130598.jpg

As my drive is loose gravel I can't accommodate ramps, fortunately my mates drive can.
The same mate which lives 2 doors down from where I stumbled across this little gem.
IMG_5478_zpsc58ca2c4.jpg

I'm sorry to subject everyone to my Jean's half way down my ass, as I mentioned above I had not long come out of hospital and I was advised not to really do anything but rest.
I had other plans.... timing was everything as later on that day the drug worn off and I was in so much pain.

However luckily during the install I was so pumped full of drugs I couldn't even feel my right hand side.
IMG_5479_zps58f0d127.jpg

IMG_5482_zps51abfd86.jpg

IMG_5484_zps059a0c93.jpg

My mate goofing around, about the only time he has ever fitted in my clio!
IMG_5485_zps07ee024b.jpg

IMG_5486_zps9f8bb409.jpg

A few shots of the interior with them now fitted:
S0954126_zps0f019e59.jpg

S0974128_zps6565a80e.jpg

S0984129_zpsd1e1bcb8.jpg

S0994131_zpsba2acddd.jpg

S0015001_zpsd5a1b71f.jpg

S0025002_zps1a0b6cc1.jpg

S0035003_zps453b59f8.jpg

S0045004_zpsff488561.jpg

Very pleased with them and they finish the interior off very nicely!

Comments welcome!

they look real nice ive just done the same to mine. .. how do you find the bars for sliding the seats forward.. ive not used them on mine as they didnt fit too well..

RenaultSport 182FF
they look real nice ive just done the same to mine. .. how do you find the bars for sliding the seats forward.. ive not used them on mine as they didnt fit too well..

Ha they are shite lol :rasp:

Use the renault ones off of the normal seats, I will eventually get round to doing that; however as you have to remove the seats to replace them I think that this might be something to do in the distant future.

RenaultSport 182FF
Excellent mate, id love a pair of these.

They look the part and finish the interior off nicely, however I miss my RenaultSport seats! Those things were the most comfy seats ever, like the lazyboys, but of the car world.
You could do a 4 hour journey and it would feel like a 30 minute drive and well the recaro's make a 4 hour journey feel like.... well like a 4 hour journey.

They do hold me well though and are super duper exclusive :D

you dont have to take the seats out to take the bar off from under them they come off real easy.. if you use the original bar though the plastic handle hits the bottom of the seat so i chopped an inch of the metal out on the upright part and welded it back on so it fits as it should..

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Its been a while since I looked in this thread. Even better than last time i looked through the thread. Thumbs up Lordman, this is how a clio should be done.