ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Binky - mini 4x4 turbo celica engine

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldnt mind donating if they hurried up a bit with their episodes but paying for one every 3 months is just silly.

Why? You're only paying when they deliver an episode, so the more episodes they make, the more they get paid, the bigger the incentive to make episodes.

Bearing in mind they're also a motorsport prep company, they're probably quite busy!

That's why I don't pay. They are a company. By doing these videos they are advertising themselves. Why would I pay to see their adverts?

That's over simplifying it obviously, and I do love their videos. It would be different if it was two guys in their garage just doing it for the sake of it.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I have "nailed it"' written in paint under my Megane lol.

They have over 800 patrons though. If that's only £1 per person they could make a fortune (it's bound to be more than £1 a person)

c***s

Another episode with relatively little process in the scheme of things compared to how they were progressing well in the initial several episodes where they faced greater challenges.

They really are dragging it out now although I can't blame them for wanting to get to 100 episodes to rinse the situation for every penny they can.

Reactions: Gus

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I know what you mean, they really need to go a bit faster. MCM did an awesome Mini build too although not in so much detail but atleast the pace was good.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
As I have built plenty of stuff in the past, I can totally relate to them as to the time it takes to do the fiddly jobs. Like he was saying on the video, it's a case of the 20 minute looking jobs do take 4 hours. There are a lot of little things that take lots of time and unfortunately they are having to do all those little things now which make it look like they don't seem to be progressing as well as previously.
This is just as an extra to a day job. I'm pretty sure they both have families too, and I think Richard doesn't live anywhere near where it's being built.
These things take (lots of spare) time which may be they don't always have due to life getting in the way so unfortunately we have to wait the fair few months in between episodes.
It was bad enough trying to just build the rally car which is relatively simple in comparison without having to think and plan what to film, then edit it all together and stick it on YouTube.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
New episode is available on Patreon, so you lot should be seeing it before too long.

They timed how long it took to make just a single bracket. I think if you struggled to see why it takes so long you'll realise why after.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
6 bloody months since the last episode and they want people to pay extra to see the episode a day or so early. Not likely.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
You're not paying to see it a couple of days early. You're paying to support the project.

If they made that much money out of it they'd give up their day jobs and concentrate on Binky full time.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Nearly a full year working on air conditioning- gets boring.

Up next - auto wipers - woo f**king hoo.

They’re doing all this s**t yet still not proved the concept works.

Pissing about with fancy bonnets and hvac systems and the thing doesn’t even start or run yet

Reactions: Gus

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Will probably be 5 years before this car is finished. Taking the piss if you ask me

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Why's it taking the piss? It's not for anyone else but them? They don't have an obligation to do any of it or record it and edit it.

New one isn't as interesting as other episodes but it's what they want to do done how they want it. Fair play to them.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Why's it taking the piss? It's not for anyone else but them? They don't have an obligation to do any of it or record it and edit it.

New one isn't as interesting as other episodes but it's what they want to do done how they want it. Fair play to them.

I’m the last one to be able to pint out timescales and I completely agree there’s no obligation.

But the idea is GT4 into a mini. There’s been little to no progress towards that goal in nearly 12 months because they’re pissing about with the aforementioned fancy stuff when they don’t even know if the thing will work.
Episode 2-3 ish they go to silverstone and genuinely mention taking binky there next year - that was about 4 years ago because they’re playing about. It’s just frustrating that you have to wait so long for an update and we get half an hour on how to make a custom made hvac system. It’s a great video in its own right but doesn’t achieve the end goal which people started watching for in the first place

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Episode 18
This episode is about the wipers. Im not joking. 3 months on and they have wipers.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Well you wouldn't wanna take your car there with the pace they seem to work at, simple oil change would take weeks!!

I hope it's worth it in the end, and doesn't turn out to be an uncontrollable dog on the road.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I gave up following the build probably a year to two ago.

Taking the piss with it. I know they have day jobs and life gets in the way, but i'm sure they've been doing this for as long as i've been on here ?

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
4 years so far I think. it's a bit nuts. I think I read that they are going to be spending more time on it now that they're making good money from Patreon.

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
I like it as they are genuinely funny. As for the time I understand that completely. Its taken me two years to do basic suspension on my own car simply down to lack of time.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I don’t care if it takes 10 years TBH. Only they could make a half an hour video about making a set of wipers and make it both interesting and funny. I like it when they pop up in my inbox once a while.

I don’t care if it takes 10 years TBH. Only they could make a half an hour video about making a set of wipers and make it both interesting and funny. I like it when they pop up in my inbox once a while.

Snap. I'm not counting down the days for them to be finished. I couldn't care less if they never do, to be honest. Its just a good watch, and some of the fabrication skills are consistently incredible.